• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2021 at 4:43 PM, cd4ever said:

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday.  Received on 10/6 then straight to GEI.  Maybe we got lucky. Or maybe it will sit there forever. 

Meanwhile all my other books from July just sit in SFG. 

I had a few subs that were received in early to mid Sept and when right to G/E/I and have been sitting there ever since.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, dikran1 said:

Anybody have any updates on old Value CCS? Shipment sitting at ''Received at CCS'' since April 17...

OMG you are in for an unfortunately long wait. Like 100+ biz days at CCS and another 100+ at grading?

I and others had Fast Track Value orders delivered in April clear out in September. I did not use CCS though.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:53 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Better, but not great w/debt ceiling talks. I have portfolio w/47% in VOO S&P 500, rest various bonds, Intl, and mid-cap. has held steady enough, increasing overall, but lost quite a few gains in last two weeks.Traders are so panicky.

Anyway....COMICS! Need this TAT logjam to break. Kids' braces aint paying for themselves.

Most people are sheep, and scare easily lol

I love red days.......more opportunities to buy!  

"Greed is good!"

On 10/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, dikran1 said:

Anybody have any updates on old Value CCS? Shipment sitting at ''Received at CCS'' since April 17...

I wrote to Jennifer F. yesterday, about the same issue. Mine were "really received" 4/14 as per the PO but marked received 5/27. She said that it would be "a few more weeks" that the estimated wait is 133 business days. Hope that helps.
She also mentioned that I could (or you could) call customer service. 

On 10/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Instead of Money market put some of that money into stock market.  

I have some mutual funds in a retirement account besides my pension.  But I tend not to be the best picker on stocks.  Years ago there were two tech stocks that tanked bad.  Both were selling around $6 a share.  I picked the one that I thought had the best product and could bring themselves back.  I picked Novell.  The one I thought was going to go out of business was Apple.  :tonofbricks:  Of course I never thought Microsoft was going to be the one to save them.

Tier: Modern              

Delivered: 8/30/21                             Received: 9/30/21                                                             Scheduled for Grading: 9/30/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 10/1/21                         Grading/Quality Control: 10/4/21
Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 10/5/21   Shipped: 10/5/21
Delivered: 10/7/21                                   

Guess I got lucky on this one.          

On 10/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Delivered: 8/30/21                             Received: 9/30/21                                                             Scheduled for Grading: 9/30/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 10/1/21                         Grading/Quality Control: 10/4/21

Congrats. 

it's interesting that CGC has decided to take this route with some submissions, while others that are months old are still sitting in limbo.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

OMG you are in for an unfortunately long wait. Like 100+ biz days at CCS and another 100+ at grading?

I and others had Fast Track Value orders delivered in April clear out in September. I did not use CCS though.

The turn around times on the site say 186 days for pressing and 106 for grading - so those stack? I thought maybe the 186 for pressing included pressing+grading TAT (I can't imagine people really send for pressing only)... So it's really 292 days if you want to get your book pressed and then graded?

On 10/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, skybolt said:

Congrats. 

it's interesting that CGC has decided to take this route with some submissions, while others that are months old are still sitting in limbo.

Thank you!

I know, part of me was like, woo hooo, another part of me was like, that’s not fair to everyone else!

On 10/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

The turn around times on the site say 186 days for pressing and 106 for grading - so those stack? I thought maybe the 186 for pressing included pressing+grading TAT (I can't imagine people really send for pressing only)... So it's really 292 days if you want to get your book pressed and then graded?

I haven't gotten anything back in months, but typically, CGC expedites the grading process once books are received back from CCS. It's typically a few weeks of wait time instead of months.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

My experience is that they do not stack.

my past orders through pressing took forever to be pressed. Once charged for pressing seems they are actually pressed within 4 weeks. Then sent for grading which again happens to be within 4 weeks to get books back.

The going from received to pressing and charge seems to be at over 4 months atm figuring they will get to June orders sometime late November so those might make it home January. That’s unless something changes on their side.

On 10/8/2021 at 11:02 AM, Smushi said:

My experience is that they do not stack.

my past orders through pressing took forever to be pressed. Once charged for pressing seems they are actually pressed within 4 weeks. Then sent for grading which again happens to be within 4 weeks to get books back.

The going from received to pressing and charge seems to be at over 4 months atm figuring they will get to June orders sometime late November so those might make it home January. That’s unless something changes on their side.

I just wanted to remark that I love bulldogs

On 10/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, skybolt said:
On 10/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Expand  

Congrats. 

I know right mine were received 8/14 if I had only delivered a week later, they'd be done by now? :insane: 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know right mine were received 8/14 if I had only delivered a week later, they'd be done by now? :insane: 

They're likely thinking that customers with older submissions will be unhappy no matter what at this point, so might as well keep customers with recent submissions content. I'm sure they'll change that approach as soon as my four 9/14 delivered submissions are received. doh!