• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol My modern slow was received 8/14 and was not quite in time for the Sonic the Hedgehog service.....

So there it sits, at SFG, along with 3 other subs, don't get me started on my modern mags that have been there since February and 2 subs full of signature series that there has been no news of

even though the due date to have them in was months ago, talking end of July :cry:lol such is life

Your books were probably the last ones placed into storage room A, and now CGC staff can't even open the door to get in. :baiting:

On 10/11/2021 at 1:44 PM, skybolt said:

Your books were probably the last ones placed into storage room A, and now CGC staff can't even open the door to get in. :baiting:

I had an economy mag sub delivered and moved all the way with the moderns up to GEI, as of 7/08, but the econ shipped and the moderns did not :( 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:28 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Has anyone had a change in their Modern submissions, not Fast Track, since at least, 9/30? Unless your are one of the special selections for the new grading process I don’t think most Moderns have been touched for a couple weeks.

Yeah just for quick reference, my Modern (Non FT) submissions were SFG 6/15 and went into G/E/I on 9/28 and there they remain...forgotten.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, graffix13 said:

Yeah just for quick reference, my Modern (Non FT) submissions were SFG 6/15 and went into G/E/I on 9/28 and there they remain...forgotten.

As someone mentioned above, it appears that CGC pressed the pause button on regular slow modern track submissions a couple of weeks ago, to likely try out this new expedited system for recent submissions.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:49 PM, skybolt said:

As someone mentioned above, it appears that CGC pressed the pause button on regular slow modern track submissions a couple of weeks ago, to likely try out this new expedited system for recent submissions.

I think this must be what’s going on. I took a look at some of the last few TAT posts from @greggy who always has books in process. Unless he went on vacation for the last couple weeks his last Modern order with 25 books was delivered/SFG on 6/4 and shipped on 9/23.  He was averaging 72 business days from SFG to Shipped.

Thanks Greggy for your updates.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Has anyone had a change in their Modern submissions, not Fast Track, since at least, 9/30? Unless your are one of the special selections for the new grading process I don’t think most Moderns have been touched for a couple weeks.

I have a weird one that I am scratching my head on. I have a Slow Modern received 6/14 that has been in G/I/E for close to 3+ weeks. But I have a Pre-Screen Modern that was received on 7/14 that moved to Quality Control on Friday  

On 10/11/2021 at 5:34 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

LOL! CGC TATs now have a Greggy Quotient like posting TATs have to incorporate aahis metric point like a geological era....

8 moderns shipped, delivered after Greggy Cutoff

Well. He does move the needle at CGC. Why not create a Greggy Quotient?(thumbsu

On 10/11/2021 at 1:02 PM, Beige said:

You think you have problems...

Joey at CFP dropped off (YES CGC - DROPPED THEM OFF) 20 books including a high-grade ASM Annual #1 which is at least an 8.5

CGC now say they recieved them, BUT CANT FIND THEM.

How the holy heck do you lose 20 books inc a $15,000 book when they were HAND-DELIVERED and ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM

They have been lost for a month

@dena  Any chance of looking for the missing books - its not like Joey only drops off one or two a year

Absolutely abysmal.

Update time

Harshen has now admitted the books have been lost since AUGUST

How can you lose 20 books THAT ARE ENTERED INTHE SYSTEM and not find them in TEN WEEKS??

Ten whole weeks.

One of which is a $15,000 book

Is anyone going to go the extra yard at CGC and, I dunno, maybe get off their behinds and actually go look for them?  Joey has been on to CGC weekly - and got nowhere.

If CFP comics can't get CGC to pull its finger out, then expect many.many more books to 'get lost'

There are only 2 reasons - negligence or theft. I would hope its negligence - which can easily be fixed, BY MAKING A BLOODY EFFORT TO FIND THE TWENTY MISSING BOOKS!!

@Harshen @joeypost

On 10/11/2021 at 9:47 PM, Beige said:

Update time

Harshen has now admitted the books have been lost since AUGUST

How can you lose 20 books THAT ARE ENTERED INTHE SYSTEM and not find them in TEN WEEKS??

Ten whole weeks.

One of which is a $15,000 book

Is anyone going to go the extra yard at CGC and, I dunno, maybe get off their behinds and actually go look for them?  Joey has been on to CGC weekly - and got nowhere.

If CFP comics can't get CGC to pull its finger out, then expect many.many more books to 'get lost'

There are only 2 reasons - negligence or theft. I would hope its negligence - which can easily be fixed, BY MAKING A BLOODY EFFORT TO FIND THE TWENTY MISSING BOOKS!!

@Harshen @joeypost

While not the same dollar value I have had June submission that has not been found in over 2 months. It was a modern fast track that they believe was submitted slow track. While entered into the system, it cannot be located. They tell me every week they are still looking. 

On 10/11/2021 at 9:47 PM, Beige said:

@Harshen @joeypost

My guess would be negligence/mistake.  Out of curiosity, which tier(s) were the books submitted under?  I have no idea how CGC processes books once their are removed from their submission boxes, but I'm guessing that they get put into some container (or containers for multi-tier submissions?) so that the books can be easily moved around yet kept together for processing and return shipment.  I would also guess that CGC is managing a massive submission stockpile that is well into the hundreds of thousands, possibly even a million+ books.  Looking for 20 books in that trove of books is the proverbial needle in the haystack, and I doubt that they would dedicate someone to that task.  Rather they would likely just hope that as books get processed in some time sequence order any lost books get found.  I'm not defending CGC, but I do think that the explosive growth they have experienced in the last year has been very difficult for them to manage from a logistical point of view.  Personally, I'm hesitant to send any of my truly cherished/valuable books to them at this point as I don't want to wait for an extended time to get them back and I am fearful of processing errors such have you likely have experienced, or maybe even worse (e.g. books damaged by inexperienced staff).  

On 10/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, X_Phile said:

While not the same dollar value I have had June submission that has not been found in over 2 months. It was a modern fast track that they believe was submitted slow track. While entered into the system, it cannot be located. They tell me every week they are still looking. 

How many of us are in the same boat I wonder - an alarmingly high number it would seem.

It might be prudent for CGC to rectify existing errors, catch up on TAT's and stop these private signings.

In fact stop accepting books until they have the staff and equipment to handle the volume.

I thought the new owners would realise this?

On 10/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, Beige said:

How many of us are in the same boat I wonder - an alarmingly high number it would seem.

It might be prudent for CGC to rectify existing errors, catch up on TAT's and stop these private signings.

In fact stop accepting books until they have the staff and equipment to handle the volume.

I thought the new owners would realise this?

I agree completely! It is long past the time for anyone to be excusing their actions and seeming lack of responsibility for these problems.

Despite the constant stream of signature series emails, new service and executive hiring announcements, and messages about how much money CGC comics are making at auction…all is not well at CGC.

The last REAL message sent regarding the TAT problem was on March 12. I think it’s time for another update on what they are doing to solve these problems.