• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 5:44 PM, Willbert said:

2 Standard

Delivered: 09/29

SFG:       10/01

G/E/I:     10/06

G/QC:      10/08

Shipped:   10/11

1 Standard with Custom Label

G/QC:      10/12

Shipped: 

Wow, congrats, if I knew I could that kind of turn around for Standard I'd ship a bunch of books tomorrow.  How could they be delivered on 9/29 and processed so quickly?  They aren't even opening boxes from September yet according to their website.  

On 10/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, Petroman said:

Wow, congrats, if I knew I could that kind of turn around for Standard I'd ship a bunch of books tomorrow.  How could they be delivered on 9/29 and processed so quickly?  They aren't even opening boxes from September yet according to their website.  

hm

On 10/12/2021 at 5:18 PM, Willbert said:

Well they can't upcharge you until it's graded so by that point there is little benefit left from the Walkthrough tier. So yeah, that stings a bit. Here's where he catches a bad break....it's a 9.8 and the only sell in the last 3 months on GPA was in September for $4000. Walkthrough is 3% of FMV, so that's $120 but the minimum for WK is $150. But there are certainly worse problems to have.

Walk-thru no longer has anything to do with time, it has more to do with value. CGC needs to rename certain tiers.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:44 PM, Willbert said:

2 Standard

G/QC:      10/08

Shipped:   10/11

1 Standard with Custom Label

G/QC:      10/12

Shipped: 

Same boat here. Had a 2 issue Standard order delivered on 9/30 that was shipped back to me as of today. Amazing.

So as most know, the received date that shows here in our status screens is on average for this period of time about 6 to 8 weeks (or more in some cases) later than the submission was received. I have been at SFG for close to three months on some of these. Another two submissions (around 40 comics) do not show here because I had them c&p'd through someone else who sent them to CGC about two months ago. I'll know the status and grade maybe by Christmas on those two orders hopefully, once they reach my front door lol. Biggest hope is on an ASM 300 that was a 4.5 with some serious ncb creases - hoping for a little bump.

Staying patient though...what else can you do.

SFG ao Oct 12 2021.png

On 10/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, joeypost said:

Just had a magazine submission finished from 1/19. 

That's 2 days ahead of mine so I should see my magazine ship by Friday.  I just looked it up earlier today and my magazine started the grading process with delivery to you for pressing in early September of last year. 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, AGGIEZ said:

PSA (sports cards) stopped taking submissions for like 6-months to get their ship straight and still haven't turned on several tiers. CGC needs to shut it down. They're doing more long-term damage to their business than shutting down submissions for 3-months and getting things straight would do. Losing books, ridiculous turnaround times...shut it down for 3-months, get caught up, sort out the mess in the warehouse, then come back. 

you must be reading my posts

On 10/12/2021 at 11:36 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

@CGC Comics Why are you ignoring the regular Modern submissions Scheduled for Grading and already in Grading/Encap./Imaging from early June? It’s pretty clear that there hasn’t been any updates on these submissions in about three weeks. How much of our remaining good will as members are you willing to burn? 

I think CGC values slow track modern submissions when business is relatively slow. It keeps their staff busy, while concentrating on turning a good profit on fast track, walk thru, in-house signings, etc. submissions with relatively low TATs. However, once things get super busy, the slow track modern submissions become an albatross around CGC's necks. They have likely made the decision to concentrate on more profitable tiers and risk temporarily losing 30-40% of their modern submissions for the near future. They know these customers will come back when TATS go back down to around 40 days.

Granted it was an Express, but I noticed that once it moved out of G/E/I it rocketed thru QC, Finalizing, Shipped. Like in hours.   

Wonder if they made G/E/I more inclusive of other steps - so where you could expect order to wallow a few days at other statuses, it doesnt now. So once theyre done at GEI, you can expect books on truck within next 24-48 hrs.