• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, 123beeb said:

what they shoud do instead of that dumb "now opening week of.." is:

now shipping back to customers their graded books received...

that would actually close this whole thread

Yes, that would at least let us know where they are at in relation to your books being shipped.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:25 PM, GarmandJ said:

In general that wouldn't work because of pressing, the different tiers, and Fast Track.

I would think it would be for each tier and for pressing maybe something like. "Pressed..Now sending books to be graded" or something along these lines.   

On 10/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, GarmandJ said:

In general that wouldn't work because of pressing, the different tiers, and Fast Track.

yes it would

Now opening comic book submissions delivered the week of September 6th, 2021.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, carcrawfordfan said:

Another slow boat Pre-screen order for me:

Received: 10/13/21
Shipped: 10/15/21

That's crazy!  When was it delivered?  I'm guessing just a few days ago.  I wonder how they determine which submissions are getting this new grading process.  Dang, sign me up for that!

Update: Im still fighting with Customer Service on this topic. They sent back another canned response that they are well within their TATs which is categorically false either way they try and spin it.

Modern Package was delivered to CGC on April 28th - that puts us at 169 business days (TAT in April was 111 business days)

Modern Package was entered into CGCs system on June 14th - that puts us at 122 business days (again, TAT was 111 business days)

So basically either way they cut it  - anyone sitting on moderns from mid June should have had their books already. I hate this company so much.

Edited by Jkelly

On 10/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, Petroman said:

That's crazy!  When was it delivered?  I'm guessing just a few days ago.  I wonder how they determine which submissions are getting this new grading process.  Dang, sign me up for that!

Yes, it was delivered a few days earlier. Second time in a week I have gotten 1 or 2 day service on Slow Boat Modern Pre-Screens. I still have many orders sitting from as far back as April (ccs) and July (just grading). These are new orders under the new pricing. All my other orders are pre price increase.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, Jkelly said:

Update: Im still fighting with Customer Service on this topic. They sent back another canned response that they are well within their TATs which is categorically false either way they try and spin it.

Modern Package was delivered to CGC on April 28th - that puts us at 169 business days (TAT in April was 111 business days)

Modern Package was entered into CGCs system on June 14th - that puts us at 122 business days (again, TAT was 111 business days)

So basically either way they cut it  - anyone sitting on moderns from mid June should have had their books already. I hate this company so much.

I think you're calculations are based on total days and not business days. Based on the April 28th date it comes out to 117 business days, which is still over the current TATs. However, like I mentioned above, CGC is only including a 1 month span between delivered to received packages now.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, skybolt said:

I think you're calculations are based on total days and not business days. Based on the April 28th date it comes out to 117 business days, which is still over the current TATs. However, like I mentioned above, CGC is only including a 1 month span between delivered to received packages now.

You are totally right. Egg on my face on that one. I realized i didnt check the box in the calculator to include business days like i normally do before i post. However, I did get CS to admit that the countdown is calculated by the time the package is delivered NOT opened and entered into system, so regardless they are still over the allotted time.

Edited by Jkelly

On 10/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, carcrawfordfan said:

Another slow boat Pre-screen order for me:

Received: 10/13/21
Shipped: 10/15/21

Great! Here I sit waiting for books that will be worthless when they arrive! 

I have a Modern Prescreen they received on 06/23/21 that was entered into the system on 8/20/21, still sitting at SFG, and according to the TAT of 121 days won’t be returned UNTIL FEBRUARY 18, 2022! :mad::censored:

CGC is insulting those of us that have stayed with them through this but I’m done! My membership expires in December and…ah..forget get it!  @CGC Comics doesn’t care anymore.

Where’s the message from President Nelson?

On 10/14/2021 at 6:00 PM, MicroJow said:

MODERN (no pressing or extra services) Received 9/3/21, Scheduled for grading

MODERN (no pressing or extra services) Received 10/7/21, Shipped 10/14/21

The world has gone insane and nothing makes sense anymore.

- J

Maybe the decided to throw out anything prior to October and just start over. hm

On 10/14/2021 at 5:40 PM, FrankTheTank92 said:

Newest update, the box was sent to Signature Series receiving team instead of the regular team...they are tracking down the box as of yesterday. As of tomorrow they will have a 4 business day turnaround to get my Walkthrough graded. 

Someone asked about WT the other day, this is from Frank's topic in ask CGC, but you can see there are still issues getting WT boxes going.

People can buy a copy of King Spawn with coa Todd sig...mail it to CGC...get it graded...shipped back home...and post it on insta all while my May subs sit on the floor at CGC.  Dont they get we can see all these books, graded months before our subs...literally getting different treatment for what...cuz we subbed before a price increase.  Glad home heating oil companies dont work this way...not that they care either...and that's me saying out loud CGC dont care.

So logistically, how do they know something isn't expedited or a rush order unless they open the package up and look at the packing slip? 

Logically, they HAVE to open up the packages as soon as possible to extract the packing slip to determine the tier. Then they allocate the package into its appropriate queue. They haven't UNPACKED it yet. They've just initially determined its initial destination basically. (An initial sorting algorithm) So it's not entered into the system yet, but it IS opened and in some sort of queueing system logically. It won't get entered into the system (which is relatively recent... June-July I think) until it has reached a later stage.

What they ARE able to do is scan and mark it as received from the post office so you can verify it online as being in their facility.

The thing is... in their videos, they want you to slide the packing slip into the bag with the comics and then tape everything up into a brick. This seems counter-productive really since it means they have to slice/open up the brick to get the packing slip. They should probably ask you to have two packing slips... One in the brick (which is actually optional and a backup), and one that is more easily accessible for the initial sorter. This might make the process more efficient.

(I would also hazard the initial sorting team has to barcode/tag the shipment for internal processing and tracking.)

Edited by sckao

On 10/14/2021 at 6:50 PM, sckao said:

So logistically, how do they know something isn't expedited or a rush order unless they open the package up and look at the packing slip? 

I thought it was recommended that people submitting rush orders write express on the package.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:54 PM, comicdonna said:

I thought it was recommended that people submitting rush orders write express on the package.

So if you pay for Express but forget to write it on the outside and it languishes for a month because they don't open the package, that's considered part of the process? (That's leaving it up to the consumer which seems like a bad idea. It also seems to scream that this package is worth more than others.)