• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Hmm. I've never used Express or Walkthrough. I was thinking more of Standard or even Reholdering which would still seem to be impacted by a month-long delay in opening. (I've used those recently but didn't mark anything outside the package or thought I needed to either.) I never actually noticed those instructions for Express or Walkthrough either unfortunately as they are not on certain pages. (How to pack and ship your comics which is where I went to initially. https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8035/cgc-shipping-kits/ )

https://www.cgccomics.com/services/shipping-your-books/

On 10/14/2021 at 6:22 PM, sckao said:

I never actually noticed those instructions for Express or Walkthrough either unfortunately as they are not on certain pages.

The instructions to write EX or WK on your box if submitting at that tier are printed on the bottom of the packing slip.   

They used to ask you write FT on outside of box for fast track contents, which they don't instruct to do, but many ppl still order 1-3 FT and rest slow, so they can honestly write FT on outside old school way, then have box opened and inventoried sooner. It worked the one time I tried it.

Just curious, they always said you don't ever have to worry about your books that they are locked away safely in their vault.

How big is that vault?  I've been to the building and no way is there a big enough vault to hold all of these books.  Of course they could be using "Pym particles"  :insane:

On 10/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, Gaard said:

I'm probably being overly cautious, but I'd rather not write EX on an Express order that I have. Just seems to be an invitation for sticky fingered USPS employees. So what I'm hoping, and I have absolutely no idea, is that when things get back to normal down there, we won't have to write EX on the box anymore. Does anyone remember if that was a requirement before all the shiite hit the fan down there?

Anyone remember?

On 10/14/2021 at 4:05 PM, Jkelly said:

Update: Im still fighting with Customer Service on this topic. They sent back another canned response that they are well within their TATs which is categorically false either way they try and spin it.

Modern Package was delivered to CGC on April 28th - that puts us at 169 business days (TAT in April was 111 business days)

Modern Package was entered into CGCs system on June 14th - that puts us at 122 business days (again, TAT was 111 business days)

So basically either way they cut it  - anyone sitting on moderns from mid June should have had their books already. I hate this company so much.

i see you didnt read my post

On 10/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, 123beeb said:

the same questions get asked in here over and over and always get a different answer

the verdict from reading many many posts is:

if you sent books in like me in may

currently im at 125 business days

still scheduled for grading and no movement

back then tat was 90 days

here it is

On 10/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, IceHole said:

People can buy a copy of King Spawn with coa Todd sig...mail it to CGC...get it graded...shipped back home...and post it on insta all while my May subs sit on the floor at CGC.  Dont they get we can see all these books, graded months before our subs...literally getting different treatment for what...cuz we subbed before a price increase.  Glad home heating oil companies dont work this way...not that they care either...and that's me saying out loud CGC dont care.

Don't forget this "new system" they have implemented and some people are getting their books back within in a week or two. Those lucky individuals are bragging (no offense, I'd brag too...I'm just jealous, ok?) for us all to see. 

Edited by graffix13

On 10/15/2021 at 8:41 AM, graffix13 said:

Don't forget this "new system" they have implemented and some people are getting their books back within in a week or two. Those lucky individuals are bragging (no offense, I'd brag too...I'm just jealous, ok?) for us all to see. 

Apparently CGC didn't ever watch Billy Madison, because they would fail the Business Ethics portion at the end, just like Eric Gordon did. 

But what can we do? CGC is literally laughing as they count our money and continue to pimp these private signings and expedite these new Modern subs.

Business Ethics 101, CGC. Look into it. 

grader sees a box of 50 and a box of 2 on his desk its friday whats he grading ....

also cant wait until the holidays move the tat 

For those who subbed way back any time before June...we all know there was a rush of volume...straight up end of the world, mail all ya books in flood into CGC...crash the servers ya'll!  And we all thought, well this is all gonna push the TAT's into a long wait.  But some of us subbed before the one week notice of price increases...but our mindset was the same none the less.

But somehow these subs are treated different.  We all fill out the same forms.  But these subs are treated different.  We all mail to the same address.  But these subs are treated different.  And they are being treated different by CGC.

We all see books released in September already at there homes' slabbed.  Why aren't my March subs slabbed yet?  Cuz with our own eyes we see, we treated different...and that's CGC, treating customers differently since May 2021.  Back of the vault different.

Edited by IceHole

On 10/15/2021 at 9:43 AM, IceHole said:

For those who subbed way back any time before June...we all know there was a rush of volume...straight up end of the world, mail all ya books in flood into CGC...crash the servers ya'll!  And we all thought, well this is all gonna push the TAT's into a long wait.  But some of us subbed before the one week notice of price increases...but our mindset was the same none the less.

But somehow these subs are treated different.  We all fill out the same forms.  But these subs are treated different.  We all mail to the same address.  But these subs are treated different.  And they are being treated different by CGC.

We all see books released in September already at there homes' slabbed.  Why aren't my March subs slabbed yet?  Cuz with our own eyes we see, we treated different...and that's CGC, treating customers differently since May 2021.  Back of the vault different.

I'd agree that it seems CGC is punishing those people who submitted just prior to the price increase.  IMHO it was an incredibly foolish thing for them to even announce the price increase.  They should have just silently raised the prices, and I hope this is how they will do it in the future.  They were already overwhelmed by a large submission backlog, and announcing the price increase likely doubled or tripled that backlog.  

On 10/14/2021 at 6:41 PM, FrankTheTank92 said:

Honestly, the lack of urgency is what makes me most upset. I just want my books to be entered into the system.

Good Luck, at least they found it, I had one lost for about 3 months.

So I had placed a Fast Track order into CGC on October 4, 2021. It shipped (was accepted) Priority via the USPS on October 5, 2021 and was delivered on October 7, 2021.

Today, October 15, 2021, I'm getting a notification that the books (7) are graded and being shipped back.

So things are speeding up or their beta tests are working. :foryou:

(I still have other submissions in the queue, of course, but this was a surprise.)

NOTE: I DID NOT WRITE ANYTHING ON THE OUTSIDE TO INDICATE IT WAS A FAST TRACK I THINK... Unless my memory is going... which is possible as I can't remember.  :preach:

Edited by sckao

New to this forum so "hi", but reading thru some of this thread makes me nervous about how long to anticipate for the process.  First off I ordered packing materials 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive that, but that's not my reason for posting.  My reason (and I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times so forgive me if I am rehashing old info) but my reason is I want to know if having Bronze and Silver Age books plus paying for expedited service makes any difference?  What is a reasonable expectation today, if I'm only sending in 10 books total with 5 Standard and 5 Modern with expedited service purchased?  Thanks to any who take the time to reply.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, Joe Peck said:

New to this forum so "hi", but reading thru some of this thread makes me nervous about how long to anticipate for the process.  First off I ordered packing materials 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive that, but that's not my reason for posting.  My reason (and I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times so forgive me if I am rehashing old info) but my reason is I want to know if having Bronze and Silver Age books plus paying for expedited service makes any difference?  What is a reasonable expectation today, if I'm only sending in 10 books total with 5 Standard and 5 Modern with expedited service purchased?  Thanks to any who take the time to reply.

Yes those tiers should make a difference in tat, especially if you follow the instructions on the slip. I believe to write initials on the shipping box, so they can see to open the faster tier.

Sometimes tiers aren't so slow, or not as slow as getting cgc to open the box to mark books in the system....

They used to do it within a week, now it's more like a month.

Initials for faster tiers on shipping boxes get priority opening and then faster tier too :tink:

On 10/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes those tiers should make a difference in tat, especially if you follow the instructions on the slip. I believe to write initials on the shipping box, so they can see to open the faster tier.

Sometimes tiers aren't so slow, or not as slow as getting cgc to open the box to mark books in the system....

They used to do it within a week, now it's more like a month.

Initials for faster tiers on shipping boxes get priority opening and then faster tier too :tink:

Super!  Thanks for the speedy reply.  Will definitely follow directions and add initials. A month is no prob; it's just the 10 months time frame I read from a few posters. Yikes if that's true, but glad to hear I may not fall into that category.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, Joe Peck said:

Super!  Thanks for the speedy reply.  Will definitely follow directions and add initials. A month is no prob; it's just the 10 months time frame I read from a few posters. Yikes if that's true, but glad to hear I may not fall into that category.

Well I have to ask if your going to have your books pressed too? Some of those tat reported are due to that, which has it's own tat....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, sckao said:

So I had placed a Fast Track order into CGC on October 4, 2021. It shipped (was accepted) Priority via the USPS on October 5, 2021 and was delivered on October 7, 2021.

Today, October 15, 2021, I'm getting a notification that the books (7) are graded and being shipped back.

So things are speeding up or their beta tests are working. :foryou:

(I still have other submissions in the queue, of course, but this was a surprise.)

NOTE: I DID NOT WRITE ANYTHING ON THE OUTSIDE TO INDICATE IT WAS A FAST TRACK I THINK... Unless my memory is going... which is possible as I can't remember.  :preach:

Lucky devil!  My Modern Fast Track was delivered on 10/4 but I don't see it in the system, nor do I really expect to for another month (sadly).  I'm curious to know if you saw the books in the system between 10/7 and today, or did they just suddenly show up as shipped?