• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,039 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, joeypost said:

This is just a hypothetical that I have been reflecting on. 

CGC is setting up a new facility. I wonder if they are diverting new moderns to this facility to help alleviate the strain on the main building? It would explain why only newer submissions are getting done so quickly as CGC will not move boxes that are already processed from one facility to another. 

Still doesn’t make it right that some of us have been waiting since April for moderns to get done, while others are getting books back that were sent in only a week ago. 

I like this theory a lot, seems like something they could be doing or planning to do.

On 10/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, Chazgee said:

Wow. 50 books Received, SFG, and Graded . . . ON THE SAME DAY.

whatsheshaving.gif.bed82ec2d624b58cccaf588ce2e2798d.gif

We had two subs do that on Friday, meanwhile we have plenty of other books from June that have been in GEI for weeks. Literally weeks. Single books from signings. For weeks.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, mysterio said:

We had two subs do that on Friday, meanwhile we have plenty of other books from June that have been in GEI for weeks. Literally weeks. Single books from signings. For weeks.

How did you get them to open it immediately? was it labeled on the box?

I sent in an Economy, delivered last Friday, with the package only marked in the CGC system as received and scanned today, yet no entering of books into the system :( maybe it really is only moderns that are getting the "boost" (shrug) 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 10/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, mysterio said:

How did you get them to open it immediately? was it labeled on the box?

I sent in an Economy, delivered last Friday, with the package only marked in the CGC system as received and scanned today, yet no entering of books into the system :( maybe it really is only moderns that are getting the "boost" (shrug) 

nevermind, misread the post

It still took 2 weeks to open the package :sorry:

Still I'm hoping :wishluck: 

If the Beta Test is to increase efficiency, it makes sense for the parallel team/facility to only process Moderns which I hazard would be the fastest and easiest to grade. They have to receive the packages and open them to determine/select the contents for the beta test (if modern), but they won't be entered into the system until later.

My submissions did not include pressing, non-moderns, or anything else that would theoretically "slow" this beta test down.

Edited by sckao

I think a little transparency wouldn't hurt. If CGC could just put up a post explaining why some new Modern subs are getting done super fast while others are stagnant, it would do a lot for Customer Service. I mean, it's not like some big secret that some lucky few are getting their books back while others continue to wait. 

It would literally take 5 minutes or less to just put up a post/announcement regarding details on the how and why. 

On 10/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, graffix13 said:

I think a little transparency wouldn't hurt. If CGC could just put up a post explaining why some new Modern subs are getting done super fast while others are stagnant, it would do a lot for Customer Service. I mean, it's not like some big secret that some lucky few are getting their books back while others continue to wait. 

It would literally take 5 minutes or less to just put up a post/announcement regarding details on the how and why. 

They may have decided that it would open a bigger can of worms to acknowledge it.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, mysterio said:

They may have decided that it would open a bigger can of worms to acknowledge it.

What's the old adage? The coverup is always worse than the crime? 

"Vorpious de liporius octo"

Haha but then again, we're dealing with comic books and not double homicide. 

On 10/16/2021 at 8:54 PM, musicmeta said:

Three solid weeks my 6/17 received (mailed on 4/29) Modern slow boat has been in G/E/I .. Nice to have long term storage as a bonus..

Today marks the fourth week mine have been in G/E/I. According to CGC’s new turnaround times, my books should have been shipped last week. 

On 10/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, J RANDALL said:

Today marks the fourth week mine have been in G/E/I. According to CGC’s new turnaround times, my books should have been shipped last week. 

Uhh! No way our books ship out this week it looks like.  Crazy slow.  Enjoy the long term storage.  

On 10/16/2021 at 1:18 PM, EmpyreDave said:

10/16/21 Shipped. YES!

12 Modern all 9.8!

I just received another order of 20 Modern slow track today. This order was received by CGC on 9/23/21, so I must have been one of the new test track orders. Happy about that 15 business days turnaround! ^^

I have another outstanding order that was delivered to CGC on 5/13/21, and I haven’t received that back yet, but I’ll be patient. :)

On 10/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, Yetti82 said:

End of today marks 4 weeks in G/E/I for my 6/14 received modern slow boats. 

Mine were Received/SFG on 6/15 and I just hit 3 weeks in G/E/I today. 

Please post when yours are graded so I can have a little hope.

Our books are buddies on the Isle of Misfits, books CGC refuses to grade and instead they choose to grade the shiny, new books that came in last week!

Has this happened to anyone before? Two of my four slow modern submissions (delivered on 9/14) were officially received and recorded on 10/14. Now CGC is opening submissions delivered the week of 9/20 and no sign of my other 2 submissions, which were sent in the same box as the other ones. I just assumed that once CGC opened a package they would just record everything inside. It seems like now submissions are separated at birth.

Edited by skybolt

On 10/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, joeypost said:

This is just a hypothetical that I have been reflecting on. 

CGC is setting up a new facility. I wonder if they are diverting new moderns to this facility to help alleviate the strain on the main building? It would explain why only newer submissions are getting done so quickly as CGC will not move boxes that are already processed from one facility to another. 

Still doesn’t make it right that some of us have been waiting since April for moderns to get done, while others are getting books back that were sent in only a week ago. 

Who do I need to bribe to have my books sent to this new facility? :insane:

On 10/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, mysterio said:

If the new facility speculation proves to be true, CGC may have decided to separate newer submissions from the older ones to help clear up the clutter. With so many submissions "misplaced" they are likely avoiding just adding to the original pile.