• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

I gave up holding my breath long ago…. 
wont ever use ccs again not when better pressers are available and are free inside of 4 months for a stack ….. at most often half the cost to boot.

on plus one day waves of books should make it back to me lol.

3507A69A-5824-4D95-BA3D-631B73F24521.jpeg

On 10/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, catch21 said:

1 business day 

QC to shipped

Or straight from GEI to Shipped bypassing QC all together.

Remember to inspect your slabs upon arrival.  I received 53 slabs back this week from 3 invoices.  47 slabs have cracks along the edges.  Most of them in the middle right edge where top half of the case meets the bottom half of the case.  A few in the lower right edge and several on the left edge bottom near the corner. I'll be calling CGC on Monday.

Edit:  I will post a few pics later tonight or tomorrow in the QC thread. (Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???)

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 10/29/2021 at 3:30 PM, Yetti82 said:

Still in GEI :( Figured I would give it two weeks and email them again this coming Monday to remind them that its now been 6 weeks. I'm sure they will love it :D 

My Regular Modern submission has been G/E/I for a solid 6 weeks (received on 6/17/21).  I called and the customer rep told me it would be another couple of weeks before my books will ship.  Sigh! 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, mysterio said:

I'm getting the impression that GEI is the new purgatory. I have had two individual books from signings sitting in GEI a couple of days shy of a calendar month now. Recently it seems that if a sub hits GEI it either moves to shipped like instantaneously, or you need to get ready to wait for a looooong time. No inbetween.

Here is what I believe is going on.

CGC is taking a small and random sampling of new arrivals, lets say 10%, pushing them through very fast and attributing it to some "new" but nebulous process in the "testing phase"

What this does as word leaks out to Social Media, messages boards, etc,  that some submissions are being turned around very fast it will instill many with hope  that their orders will be on this new process and that all orders currently pending processing will proceed faster as CGC reduces backlog. 

I feel this alleged "new" process is nothing more than vapor-ware. The true result of which is order that have had no movement for many months will continue to have zero movement and turn-around will have no end in site.

I have several submissions that have arrived at CGC in April that are either still in "Scheduled for Grading" status and one that has been in "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" now for 6 weeks. Conversely a submission that did not arrive at CGC until Oct 4 was graded and shipped early this past week. Guess I was lucky that il fell into the random sampling group - HOWEVER, CGC split up the order into 2 submissions so that only 25 or 40 books were graded and shipped. The other 15 I'm guessing will Winter and Spring in Florida. All submissions were on the same form same services levels, all modern - they were exactly the same - Baffling!

On 10/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, MAR1979 said:

Here is what I believe is going on.

CGC is taking a small and random sampling of new arrivals, lets say 10%, pushing them through very fast and attributing it to some "new" but nebulous process in the "testing phase"

What this does as word leaks out to Social Media, messages boards, etc,  that some submissions are being turned around very fast it will instill many with hope  that their orders will be on this new process and that all orders currently pending processing will proceed faster as CGC reduces backlog. 

I feel this alleged "new" process is nothing more than vapor-ware. The true result of which is order that have had no movement for many months will continue to have zero movement and turn-around will have no end in site.

I have several submissions that have arrived at CGC in April that are either still in "Scheduled for Grading" status and one that has been in "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" now for 6 weeks. Conversely a submission that did not arrive at CGC until Oct 4 was graded and shipped early this past week. Guess I was lucky that il fell into the random sampling group - HOWEVER, CGC split up the order into 2 submissions so that only 25 or 40 books were graded and shipped. The other 15 I'm guessing will Winter and Spring in Florida. All submissions were on the same form same services levels, all modern - they were exactly the same - Baffling!

I'm still trying to figure out when all the new technology and staff CGC brought on board will start making a difference in turnaround times, QC and customer service.

With the stimulus checks in the rearview mirror and the sizzling comic book market cooling off, I bet that a lot of customers wish they'd never sent in their books to be graded / pressed when CGC announced their price changes back in April,

Edited by skybolt

Today marks the 6th week my 2 submissions have been in G/E/I status.  No comment from CGC on what is going on.  All it would take is a press release acknowledging the time frame within the status and it would go a long way, but they do nothing and their customer service as become a joke.  CGC I hope you understand that once CBCS comes out with a better label your demand will decline and the memory of your poor service will be what people remember about you.  

On 11/1/2021 at 11:42 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.117d45ada2966d557e1f1637fd502518.png

I called on my modern mags delivered 2/24 GEI since 7/08.

They said mine were now in QC! AS OF TODAY 11/01 :download:

It hasn't updated on my end yet, but I choose to believe the customer rep :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/1/2021 at 9:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I called on my modern mags delivered 2/24 GEI since 7/08.

That said mine were now in QC! AS OF TODAY 11/01 :download:

It hasn't updated on my end yet, but I choose to believe the customer rep :wishluck:

I don't care until they have been shipped.

I have a Magazine Economy from April 28th be in GEI for months

I have three Magazine Moderns from June 29 (2) and August 12 (Been in that stage for months - same time as the April 28th) in GEI as well so all I'm gonna say is that I'm holding off on mag submissions.

Can anyone tell me what the stated turnaround time was on 5/17 for modern slow boat no fast pass? Also curious as to what the TAT was for the value tier. I know someone posted a spreadsheet I believe that showed past turnaround times, but I can't seem to find it in previous comments.It won't do me any good whatsoever, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

On 11/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, irishcritic said:

Can anyone tell me what the stated turnaround time was on 5/17 for modern slow boat no fast pass? Also curious as to what the TAT was for the value tier. I know someone posted a spreadsheet I believe that showed past turnaround times, but I can't seem to find it in previous comments.It won't do me any good whatsoever, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

This was from May 14th:

82 days
Fast Track: 58 days

https://web.archive.org/web/20210514060430/https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

The next snapshot was July 2nd:

101 days
Fast Track: 85 days

https://web.archive.org/web/20210702063049/https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/

On 11/1/2021 at 6:34 AM, skybolt said:

I'm still trying to figure out when all the new technology and staff CGC brought on board will start making a difference in turnaround times, QC and customer service.

With the stimulus checks in the rearview mirror and the sizzling comic book market cooling off, I bet that a lot of customers wish they'd never sent in their books to be graded / pressed when CGC announced their price changes back in April,

I am still trying to figure out why so many uneducated people keep sending in utter trash to get pressed and graded even before Covid.

If collectors actually cared about their own money CGC wouldn't need half the staff they currently have to grade "real" books. 

I blame the general public more for wasting not only CGC's time with this mound of garbage, but they should be apologizing to all of us for clogging up the line with their disgraceful submissions.   So I hope when most of them get their laughable books back in the mail they lose so much money they cant pay their rent.  Also hoping their spouses or significant others have been cheating on them as well because anyone that stupid deserves to have bad days ahead. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Everyone's "golden" age is different. I was chatting with someone who grew up in the 90's and their Golden Age was the period with Dark Hawk and Spawn and the 90's X-Men (and cartoons). Now, 30 years later... Those are the comics coming into vogue and being slabbed in quantity. (shrug)

I personally disliked most of that time period and find them unreadable... and I note the bad artwork that resulted as the talent pool got diluted from all the extra publishers/comic books being rushed out for print. :preach:

Edited by sckao

On 11/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I am still trying to figure out why so many uneducated people keep sending in utter trash to get pressed and graded even before Covid.

If collectors actually cared about their own money CGC wouldn't need half the staff they currently have to grade "real" books. 

I blame the general public more for wasting not only CGC's time with this mound of garbage, but they should be apologizing to all of us for clogging up the line with their disgraceful submissions.   So I hope when most of them get their laughable books back in the mail they lose so much money they cant pay their rent.  Also their spouses or significant other has been cheating on them as well because anyone that stupid deserves to have bad days ahead. 

C'mon man, stop pulling punches and tell us how you really feel!