• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,036 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 10:14 AM, skybolt said:

On the positive side, it appears that CGC is receiving less submissions these days. Hopefully that'll give them time to catch up at some point.

Less submissions by a little but more Blackstone influence getting them to run their operations better I would bet on. 

Reading some of the past posts I still see some people are still confused on the true meaning of SFG. meh 

I dont understand how anyone can still be confused on what SFG (schedule for grading) means.  All books are scheduled to be graded the moment they arrive at CGC.  Some of you act like once you see SFG it means your books will be graded that same week and are mad when they stay SFG for months.  

It's pretty obvious SFG status replaces the old "verified" status.   

If CGC received your modern slow track books today they are SFG about 126 business days now to be graded and shipped back to your door.  126 days to get your Spawn #1 CGC 4.5 back.

Common sense goes along way in life. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Reading some of the past posts I still see some people are still confused on the true meaning of SFG. meh 

I dont understand how anyone can still be confused on what SFG (schedule for grading) means.  All books are scheduled to be graded the moment they arrive at CGC.  Some of you act like once you see SFG it means your books will be graded that same week and are mad when they stay SFG for months.  

It's pretty obvious SFG status replaces the old "verified" status.   

If CGC received your modern slow track books today they are SFG about 126 business days now to be graded and shipped back to your door.  126 days to get your Spawn #1 CGC 4.5 back.

Common sense goes along way in life. 

It's going to come back a rock solid 5.0..I just know it is.. I'm going to be swimming in $$$$$.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:14 PM, Fisionbomb said:
On 10/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 10/13/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Any change for you?  My remarque (no pressing) book has been G/E/I for 2 weeks.

None. That boat's motor died and is adrift in a current :(

I inquired about when my (Silvestri remarque, no pressing) stuck in G/E/I order would ship, below is the response:

Thank you for your email, this private signing took place on 9/14/21 and this is when the 6-week turnaround time begins, the submission is currently in the Grading room being graded. It should be completed approximately by the end of the month. "

Inquired again today... response:

The invoice is still finishing up.  For the private signings, the turnaround time doesn't start until the book is signed/sketched/  In this case, that occurred on 9-14 and then it is an approximate 6-8 weeks from that date.  Your order should be finishing up in the next week or so.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:05 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Inquired again today... response:

The invoice is still finishing up.  For the private signings, the turnaround time doesn't start until the book is signed/sketched/  In this case, that occurred on 9-14 and then it is an approximate 6-8 weeks from that date.  Your order should be finishing up in the next week or so.

Tell that to my August signings

1. 25 Book Prescreen Rec’d 11/4 SFG
2. 5 Books Economy Rec'd 9/13 SFG 

3. 8 Books Modern Rec'd 9/11 SFG

4. 2 Books Art Adams Signing. Signed Early September GEI

5. 2 Books Roy Thomas Signing. Signed August GEI

6. 2 Books Walt Simonson. Signed August GEI

7. 2 Books Fast Track Economy Rec'd 6/9 SFG :frown:

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

On 11/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, musicmeta said:

Well...good news....finally....My books have shipped!  Arrived at CGC 4/29,  Received 6/17,  G/E/I for the last almost 7 weeks (tomorrow would have been a full 7),  Shipped today!!!! 
My grades s u c k!  I'm so darn Happy!!! 

Nice. My Moderns that were Received/SFG on 6/15 went there 9/28, so mine HAVE to be imminent. Maybe they are working backwards...

Edited by graffix13

On 11/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, musicmeta said:

Well...good news....finally....My books have shipped!  Arrived at CGC 4/29,  Received 6/17,  G/E/I for the last almost 7 weeks (tomorrow would have been a full 7),  Shipped today!!!! 

Mine will be 7 weeks on Monday so I hope I can expect mine next week. 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, musicmeta said:

Disappointment takes time. 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, musicmeta said:

I got a submission back the other day. I was shocked at some of the grades, not mildly surprised, lol...shocked;). As I recall when there are new graders sometimes the grading is super tight.  I thought about waiting till they took the help wanted sign down to send more, but then I figured after 6-8 months, the "new graders" will be "old graders" so it should even out;)