• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, Ron C. said:

Sometimes the stars just align..... 18 Modern SS FT from Baltimore CC... dropped off at CGC on 10/29.

Received 11/2

Grading/Encapsulation 11/4

Shipped/Safe 11/5

Wow!

Congrats, Ron! Considering recent postings, make sure to double check QC for label errors and such.

For those getting books back, congrats! What return service(s) are you using with success in terms of speed and reliability (boxes not being crushed)? I'm experiencing delays with FedEx Ground lately. I was trying FedEx Ground because FedEx Overnight got too expensive. Thanks in advance.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:21 PM, comixry said:

For those getting books back, congrats! What return service(s) are you using with success in terms of speed and reliability (boxes not being crushed)? I'm experiencing delays with FedEx Ground lately. I was trying FedEx Ground because FedEx Overnight got too expensive. Thanks in advance.

UPS dropped off my modern order Wednesday...sent on Friday.  It was in the best of conditions!

UPS was suppose to drop off my modern mags today...sent Wednesday.  UPS guy just pulled up and said it's on his scanner...but not on his truck.  UPS lost it already.

On a scale from 1 to 10, SPEED gets a 1 on the 'give a !@#$ ' scale. RELIABILITY gets a 10 on the same scale. USPS has never given me a problem with CGC shipments. I use USPS because of the insurance limits with FedEx and UPS.

Edited by Gaard

My post offices, regional and local lose and damage too much stuff to use them. UPS is Ok but they delay everything for every reason. So I go with FedEx and use shipandinsure.com 

On 11/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, Gaard said:

On a scale from 1 to 10, SPEED gets a 1 on the 'give a !@#$ ' scale. RELIABILITY gets a 10 on the same scale. USPS has never given me a problem with CGC shipments. I use USPS because of the insurance limits with FedEx and UPS.

I use USPS as well for the insurance. 

On 11/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, musicmeta said:

I use USPS as well for the insurance. 

I'll use USPS for sending comics almost exclusively, but they have lost more of my sent packages and incoming packages than the other two combined. Just last November, I received notifications from them for 3 packages left on my front porch. When I went to get them, the porch was empty. It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes, and there aren't thieves hiding in the bushes year round waiting for packages to steal. I've received so many envelopes with addresses similar to mine since I moved here 5 years ago, so I know they deliver to the wrong address regularly. They have never solved any missing shipments coming to me. But USPS did find longboxes of comics I sent out 3 different instances in 2020/21, and made the deliveries. Neither Fed Ex or UPS has ever fixed any problem I've had, so I won't use them on principle. That leaves USPS as my best option, and that is just ludicrous.

Thanks for allowing me to express that. The whole situation infuriates me and I'm helpless as a consumer that keeps having things stolen for over 5 years now.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:07 PM, Pat Thomas said:

I'll use USPS for sending comics almost exclusively, but they have lost more of my sent packages and incoming packages than the other two combined. Just last November, I received notifications from them for 3 packages left on my front porch. When I went to get them, the porch was empty. It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes, and there aren't thieves hiding in the bushes year round waiting for packages to steal. I've received so many envelopes with addresses similar to mine since I moved here 5 years ago, so I know they deliver to the wrong address regularly. They have never solved any missing shipments coming to me. But USPS did find longboxes of comics I sent out 3 different instances in 2020/21, and made the deliveries. Neither Fed Ex or UPS has ever fixed any problem I've had, so I won't use them on principle. That leaves USPS as my best option, and that is just ludicrous.

Thanks for allowing me to express that. The whole situation infuriates me and I'm helpless as a consumer that keeps having things stolen for over 5 years now.

:whatthe:  I would be so mad if that happened to me.  That is so pathetic!  No way that should happen that often.  

My 4 Economy books remain in SFG closing in on 10 weeks.

Delivered - 7/12/21

SFG -  9/2/21 

I had 4 submissions arrive at the CGC facility on Friday and this morning they were entered into the system. That was a surprise. All modern slow. 

2 of the submissions went directly to GEI and 2 of them went to SFG. It's truly the wild west out there. 

Do I expect to see these books again anytime in the next 8 months? No. I do not.