• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, MAR1979 said:

I've seen that as well but I am under the impression that is due to batch and or queued processing of Database updates.  No human required. 

Are there any confirmed reports that they use Saturday's the same as say a Thursday - meaning regular operation.

They announced they were forever ago like 2020, but they haven't announced anything recent or said that policy has changed at all.

On 12/28/2021 at 4:51 PM, eddly said:

Ok so maybe 3 more months for my moderns received on 9/14…

Ya I'm getting August moderns no ft back any day now, they've shipped, but I have others received in October. I'm saying those will be 2 months down the road, yours should be end of February. All others before that what do they say when you call?

Technically 4 months is 100 business days give or take, but estimated is only like a 4-6 weeks more.

I'd still call but idk. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/28/2021 at 3:41 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

no you certainly don't as my single modern book has been in GEI for 9 weeks now ... and it was actually graded probably almost 2 months back

Wow. Did they lose it?

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 06/01/21
Received 08/03/21
Scheduled For Grading 08/03/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 12/01/21

Delivered 06/09/21
Received 08/10/21
Scheduled For Grading 08/10/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 12/02/21
Shipped 12/28/21

Delivered 06/29/21
Received 08/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 08/25/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 12/23/21
Grading/Quality Control 12/28/21

Delivered 07/01/21
Received 08/26/21
Scheduled For Grading 08/26/21

Delivered 07/16/21
Received 09/07/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/07/21

Delivered 08/09/21
Received 09/20/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/20/21

Delivered 08/13/21
Received 09/23/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/23/21

Delivered 09/07/21
Received 10/07/21
Scheduled For Grading 10/07/21

Delivered 09/20/21
Received 10/19/21
Scheduled For Grading 10/19/21

Delivered 10/28/21
Received 11/01/21
Scheduled For Grading 11/01/21

Modern Slow Track (100 Books)
Delivered 11/18/21
Received 11/23/21
Scheduled For Grading 11/23/21

Edited by lonetree

On 12/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Dang now 149 estimated for modern slow.

Yeah. It is getting crazy again. I am now at the point where I am going to do more FT just to get books back within 6 months. If the goal is to get everyone spending the extra $15 for FT, it is working.........

On 12/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, kimik said:

Yeah. It is getting crazy again. I am now at the point where I am going to do more FT just to get books back within 6 months. If the goal is to get everyone spending the extra $15 for FT, it is working.........

I've received 2 sub's slow submissions back prior to a earlier submitted Fast Track.  With the high level of perceived randomness paying extra for FT may be tantamount to nothing more than a nice gift for CGC.  Standard may be the only way to get a degree of faster assured turnaround and I'm not so sure about that either.....

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/28/2021 at 5:26 PM, kimik said:

Lol true true. My diatribe is:

Not only did people get books in before the price increase in May or April.

I renewed and still get 10% off my submission, granted from the new prices. A modern book only costs 19.80. I have sent 3 -20 book subs and have a 4the packed up to send.

Still my point is cgc isn't only getting a bottle neck from April. I figure per 20 submission I save $40.

On the other hand, it is making me realize what I have bought that is in raw condition, and I'm rethinking the way I collect. While before I'd only send in maybe 10-15 books per year.

On 12/28/2021 at 5:41 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

no you certainly don't as my single modern book has been in GEI for 9 weeks now ... and it was actually graded probably almost 2 months back

Well, I hate to say it, but honestly, how much are they making on a single book MODERN submission?  Equally, how much are they making on a 25 book MODERN submission?  What is the profit per MODERN book they grade?  At full-retail of $22, adding in all of the labor an materials I would think they make maybe $5 per book (maybe more, maybe less, but that would be my guess).  Now compare that to MODERN FAST TRACK which is an extra $15 per book, so $20 or so profit per book.  On a 25 book submission, you go from $125 profit on MODERN to $500 profit on MODERN FAST TRACK.  I think it all comes down to business fundamentals, and under that lens it sure does make sense for them to prioritize the books, and customers, who are the most profitable.  

On 12/28/2021 at 5:19 PM, kimik said:

Wow. Did they lose it?

no they didn't lose it, maybe they don't know how to encapsulate a book 

On 12/28/2021 at 6:51 PM, Petroman said:

Well, I hate to say it, but honestly, how much are they making on a single book MODERN submission?  Equally, how much are they making on a 25 book MODERN submission?  What is the profit per MODERN book they grade?  At full-retail of $22, adding in all of the labor an materials I would think they make maybe $5 per book (maybe more, maybe less, but that would be my guess).  Now compare that to MODERN FAST TRACK which is an extra $15 per book, so $20 or so profit per book.  On a 25 book submission, you go from $125 profit on MODERN to $500 profit on MODERN FAST TRACK.  I think it all comes down to business fundamentals, and under that lens it sure does make sense for them to prioritize the books, and customers, who are the most profitable.  

blah, blah, blah

my book was a SS book that I paid $125 for a remarque on and $20 on a press in addition to all their other fees

there is no sound business reason why my book is still in GEI since 10/27

estimated turn around time was advertised as 8 week for grading and pressing, my book was signed in September (9/16)

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 12/28/2021 at 9:09 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

no they didn't lose it, maybe they don't know how to encapsulate a book 

blah, blah, blah

my book was a SS book that I paid $125 for a remarque on and $20 on a press in addition to all their other fees

there is no sound business reason why my book is still in GEI since 10/27

estimated turn around time was advertised as 8 week for grading and pressing, my book was signed in September (9/16)

Sorry mate, you've introduced several facts here that make your submission more than just a "single modern submission", so yeah, seems you are getting pretty screwed with the TAT.  Personally I have no experience with anything other than just plain-old-grading, but everything I've seen on this forum suggests that pretty much any possible add-on you do, with the exception of FAST TRACK, makes things take longer, and sometimes MUCH longer.  CCS looks like a nightmare to me and I've seen many mention that the various weekly signing events can sometimes take ages too.  No idea what is going on with your book, but 8 weeks in GEI seems insane to me unless they sent it off to CCS after it was signed (which seems wrong too).  Anyway, hope you get your book back soon! 

FWIW I've been taking a hiatus from this grading since my membership lapsed in September.  My last submission was MODERN FAST TRACK and did come back in a very timely 40 days or so, but TATS have gone up since.  I may decide to re-up the membership and send a few more in as MFT, but the only stuff I'd send in now on MODERN SLOW TRACK would be the early 90's I've been sitting on for 30 years which is honestly mostly garbage but can still fetch +/- $100 if it gets a 9.8.  I wouldn't even know I was missing  most of that LOL.

On 12/29/2021 at 9:33 AM, Elroy Jetson said:

Magazine Economy Received 4/27 just shipped.

Alec

I have probably asked you this before, but the 4/27 date. Was that when it was delivered or when they marked it as received?

On 12/28/2021 at 11:01 PM, Petroman said:

No idea what is going on with your book, but 8 weeks in GEI seems insane to me unless they sent it off to CCS after it was signed (which seems wrong too).  Anyway, hope you get your book back soon! 

thanks, fyi, books with pressing services are always sent to CCS after the signing not prior to which does make sense 

I had a few books from a single order, half non-pressed that I have received back and half pressed that I haven't received yet, that are now outside the 8-month window and no longer shown on the submissions page. I have the order number but didn't write down the submission number and wanted to track progress. I checked the "View my packing slips" and only see the order number. I sent a note to CGC but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know where I can see the submission number and/or how to see status on over 8-month old submissions?

On 12/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, rexinnih said:

I had a few books from a single order, half non-pressed that I have received back and half pressed that I haven't received yet, that are now outside the 8-month window and no longer shown on the submissions page. I have the order number but didn't write down the submission number and wanted to track progress. I checked the "View my packing slips" and only see the order number. I sent a note to CGC but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know where I can see the submission number and/or how to see status on over 8-month old submissions?

per the site 

Use the search tool to find submissions made more than 8 months ago.

I assume you enter the order number in the search field, no?