• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, IndyKMB said:
#3985243 -- STANDARD -- Received 12/29/21 -- SFG
Guess I should expect these by next November-ish?

Not really, so long as no CCS pressing is involved, you could see STANDARD completed in 5-7 weeks.  

Just called in and found out my books that have been sitting at CCS pressing received since 7/16/21 wont likely be done with pressing and grading until that time next year. In otherwords the TAT for those books is a full year at least with an original Usps tracking delivered to cgc date of April 28, 2021. That makes the true TAT for my books at 1 year and 3 months!

Anyone else have books stuck in this state with an expected TAT of 1.25 years?

On 12/30/2021 at 5:34 PM, justafan said:

Just called in and found out my books that have been sitting at CCS pressing received since 7/16/21 wont likely be done with pressing and grading until that time next year. In otherwords the TAT for those books is a full year at least with an original Usps tracking delivered to cgc date of April 28, 2021. That makes the true TAT for my books at 1 year and 3 months!

Well. I've submitted magazines before, and the current comic tat is old hat with magazines.

I otherwise dont do pressing, except in house signings, which might be an option in the future? They promise 6-8 week tat then. Yes it's all a little much sometimes. 

On 12/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, Chazgee said:

It seems he knows the order number. But when it's processed at CGC, they assign it a Submission number which is different than the order number. And one Order can be broken out into several Submissions. He's looking for the Submissions that haven't processed in over 8 months, and have disappeared from his Submissions page. 

Thanks Chazgee - correct as you state, I have the order number but not the Submission Number as that's assigned after it's received and not part of the details I can see after the 8-month window has closed. I've submitted a question to CGC and hope to hear soon. If nothing by after New Years then will give them a call. 

On 12/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, rexinnih said:

Thanks Chazgee - correct as you state, I have the order number but not the Submission Number as that's assigned after it's received and not part of the details I can see after the 8-month window has closed. I've submitted a question to CGC and hope to hear soon. If nothing by after New Years then will give them a call. 

Try this page. It's new and should contain the last 2 years of your order / submission history. When you see the order, click "Track" on the right.

https://www.cgccomics.com/orderform/#completedOrders

Edited by Chazgee

On 12/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, IndyKMB said:
#3985243 -- STANDARD -- Received 12/29/21 -- SFG
Guess I should expect these by next November-ish?

Yes. My STANDARD subs that were received 8/11/21 are still sitting in SFG… 

On 12/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, Fisionbomb said:
On 11/22/2021 at 7:38 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Al Milgrom remarque w/press made it from CCS, went to SFG today 11/22/21.

Al Milgrom remarque w/press hit G/QC today.

Clay Mann remarque w/press hit SFG today.

Tony Daniel remarque w/press hit GEI today.

Milgrom shipped today. Grade is lower than expected. 9.2 ☹ Book was 9.6 IMO before CCS did it's thing. ...so it goes.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:34 PM, justafan said:

Wait... what???????? My books were entered into CGC on 4/7 and hit CCS Received status on 7/29... 

Edited by zupaphly

On 12/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Milgrom shipped today. Grade is lower than expected. 9.2 ☹ Book was 9.6 IMO before CCS did it's thing. ...so it goes.

I feel the same about my Lee book but I read the out of the hush series so my batman 612 was well loved. Still , I'll take a 9.4 👍