• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,063 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, wombat said:

So excluding pressing, what is the longest someone has had a book at CGC (actually delivered, not marked as received date)? Mine was delivered on 4/8. Magazine economy. Sitting at GEI. 

I have a modern Fast Track that was received by CGC first week of April. Has been SFG since 6/22. Their theory is it was wrongly put in the "slow track" pile yet it cannot be located. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, skybolt said:

I sent a large batch of books to CFP for pressing back in September (they are currently pressing books received in early June). I have a feeling these books will be pressed and received by CGC before my books received by CCS back on 4/11 (currently sitting at 194 business days). Since CCS hasn't even charged my credit card for these books yet, I have zero faith they'll be pressed anytime near their current 197 day TAT. I'm bracing myself for a 50 business day jump in their TAT's any day now.

That's odd, my 4/17 CCS Value was charged in November which gave me hope but it still hasn't reappeared

On 1/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, X_Phile said:

I have a modern Fast Track that was received by CGC first week of April. Has been SFG since 6/22. Their theory is it was wrongly put in the "slow track" pile yet it cannot be located. 

My condolences. That is just brutal. "Can't be located" would enrage me. I hope they at least refund you the fast track fee. 

Edited by wombat

How long are TATs for mechanical errors?

I had two separate modern submissions that were sent with case damage to every book.

CGC received them for correcting on 12/3/2021 and 12/14/2021. Been sitting at 'Scheduled For Grading' for weeks

On 1/4/2022 at 4:41 PM, nikocb said:

How long are TATs for mechanical errors?

I had two separate modern submissions that were sent with case damage to every book.

CGC received them for correcting on 12/3/2021 and 12/14/2021. Been sitting at 'Scheduled For Grading' for weeks

Usually around 5 weeks.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Waiting on two more to check in 

Yes I've sent in modern and economy, and I've had them actually checked in and received at different days, the wait wasnt too long. A couple of days to a week tops, and dont ask me why lol

On 1/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, dikran1 said:

My submission has now survived 2 price hikes :acclaim:

This is so depressing... now there is going to be another flood of submissions making the backlog even worse... my books have already been there 10 months... I'm not ever going to get them back...

I do not understand how CGC can, with any semblance of good conscience, keep pumping out these regular emails about signings which all say "CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners."

SIX WEEK TURNAROUND and to heck with everyone else? What IS this?

On 1/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, zupaphly said:

This is so depressing... now there is going to be another flood of submissions making the backlog even worse... my books have already been there 10 months... I'm not ever going to get them back...

My guess is no.  World is open more now than last time, mixed with inflation, and honestly those same people not submitting because like you said your books still haven't been graded since last time.  Less urgency to get books in this time. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My guess is no.  World is open more now than last time, mixed with inflation, and honestly those same people not submitting because like you said your books still haven't been graded since last time.  Less urgency to get books in this time. 

I really really hope you're right... 

Edited by zupaphly

On 1/4/2022 at 3:45 PM, zupaphly said:

I really really hope your right... 

I just went online to complete a CGC invoice for fun, deleted it.

Super fast. :peace: