• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

11/24 - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

Fast Track Modern (No CCS)

11/22 - Mailed to CGC 

11/24 - Delivered to CGC facility

12/2 - Received by CGC

12/2 - SFG

12/7 - GEI

1/5 - G/QC

1/8 - Shipped :takeit:

On 1/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, wombat said:

I feel like I should call. But I'm assuming that will actually make me more frustrated than I already am. 

I feel sorry for the customer service reps as they deal with our frustration - it is not their fault that the TATs are all over the place.

Unfortunately, until there is a real competitor to CGC this will continue as they have a virtual monopoly on grading comics.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, X_Phile said:

I totally aly agree. I have subs that have been completed  early actually passing submissions delivered months earlier, and others still sitting past the TAT. 

This is why CGC's current approach is a bad business practice. Grade books in the order that books are marked as received and there would be less frustration. When you are receiving submissions out of order, or your books are sitting for two months while other submitters are posting theirs as shipped, it leads to frustrated customers. 

Edited by kimik

I think the most logical thing for CGC to do is keep adding "private signings" which then bumps everything back.  Why would they not....

already have your comics... kind of a captive audience/Stockholm syndrome thingy . What are you going to do ask for your books back after a year :)

Evil genius when you give zero BLEEPS about your customers all is good.  Kudo CGC Kudos......

Stock·holm syn·drome
/ˈstäkˌhō(l)m,ˈstäkōm ˈsinˌdrōm/

noun

1. feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.

313px-Flag_of_Stockholm.svg.png

Edited by BEAUMONTS
error

On 1/10/2022 at 1:49 PM, BEAUMONTS said:

already have your comics... kind of a captive audience/Stockholm syndrome thingy . What are you going to do ask for your books back after a year :)

Actually, with the way prices have jumped since last July and August, if you have the right books it may make more sense now to ask for them back to sell raw. hm

What I do with 99 percent of my collection..and I know this is going to rub a lot of "collectors" the wrong way.  Is I store them in a Mylar and full back so I can take them out and enjoy and read them.  Apparently this was a thing before CGC.  You never know with the long wait times this old trend may catch on.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, kimik said:

Actually, with the way prices have jumped since last July and August, if you have the right books it may make more sense now to ask for them back to sell raw. hm

You aren't getting your raw books back. 

25 Modern

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

12/22: GEI

12/27: G/QC

12/27: Shipped :banana: 128 days

1/5: Delivered

16 Modern

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

12/17: GEI

12/17: G/QC

12/20: Shipped :banana: 124 days

12/27: Delivered

25 Modern Fast Track

12/3 Delivered to CGC

12/8 Received

12/8 SFG

12/23: GEI

1 Mechanical Error

1/10: Delivered to CGC

Edited by Jemin

On 9/12/2012 at 2:17 AM, MarkDAnderson said:

I've had an order stuck in verification for quite a while now. CGC received my comics on 4/23/12. At the time I submitted them the turn around was 100 days. I see it's now at 110.

Can any body tell me what month or invoice numbers are being returned right now.

Thanks

Your comics have been at CGC since 2012?!

Edited by William-James88

On 1/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, wombat said:

You aren't getting your raw books back. 

I know, but that should be an option when they are this far behind. Right now I can get close to and even full GPA (with the exchange rate) for raw SA and BA books in the local market. I am just starting to sell the ones I do not want for myself raw instead of slabbing them, and there are plenty of those books in my submissions. 

Edited by kimik