• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thats what I'm afraid of too. I forget now but called on a sub, and they mentioned yet another new building, I'm hoping things aren't lost in the shuffle. Prayers for all, in Jesus name, just don't know what else to do.

I should mention that things were not only pulled out of order, but we're lost when changing buildings. Can't help but hope, cause that's my character yet doh!

Think of them as misplaced, and not lost. They will show up. 

On 2/13/2022 at 8:26 AM, joeypost said:

Think of them as misplaced, and not lost. They will show up. 

Bless you! I wanted to offer hope, and you know I've been there with you, with "misplaced" stuff. It eventually turns up thank God. Just need some kind of faith lol

I accept that it's not in my control 😂

On 2/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, skybolt said:

2 of my 4/11 CCS received submissions have now shipped. One is still in G/E/I and the other one is still with CCS.

I was hoping for 80% of the 50 books to come back as 9.8's, but only 60% got that grade. Oh well. :(

Just a quick update on this submission. As I had noted previously on these boards, for the most part I've been pleased with CCS pressing, except for my last submission received back in June. That being said, I carefully inspected each of the 21 books not receiving a 9.8 grade and was pleased with the pressing effort. I would say half the books receiving lower grades were wishful thinking on my part, since they clearly had some color breaking creases. The other 10 were either due to tough grading by CGC or something I missed (e.g. light fingerprints or interior cover defects). All in all I thought CCS pressing was good and CGC grading was fair, but somewhat tight.

I also wanted to add that I got grader notes for the 2 - 9.0 books I received, but nothing for the 6 or 7 9.2/9.4's. Getting the grader notes would be really beneficial to see what I missed.

Edited by skybolt

Still haven't had my George Perez books uploaded in their system.  I know the signing has been delayed but makes me nervous that I had sent them in over 3 weeks ago and put his initials all over the box and it wasn't separated to be entered in.  This was the first time I sent to their PO Box, not sure if that was a mistake.

It's interesting how the system is currently working. I had 4 CCS submissions received in the same box on 4/11. One submission went to G/E/I on 2/1, but nothing since then. Two other submissions went to G/E/I on 2/4 and were shipped on 2/10. Unfortunately, there are still no updates on the last submission.. 

On 2/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, J RANDALL said:

Still haven't had my George Perez books uploaded in their system.  I know the signing has been delayed but makes me nervous that I had sent them in over 3 weeks ago and put his initials all over the box and it wasn't separated to be entered in.  This was the first time I sent to their PO Box, not sure if that was a mistake.

Well got my answer on this one real quick.  Looks like unfortunately the George Perez signing has been cancelled.  They will be returning all submission.  I'm sending my thoughts to George, he is a legend.

On 2/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, skybolt said:

It's interesting how the system is currently working. I had 4 CCS submissions received in the same box on 4/11. One submission went to G/E/I on 2/1, but nothing since then. Two other submissions went to G/E/I on 2/4 and were shipped on 2/10. Unfortunately, there are still no updates on the last submission.. 

Were they FT grading?

On 2/13/2022 at 12:41 PM, Iceman399 said:

Lots of mistakes. 

Still waiting on my MAY 2021 Moderns :sorry: I mean we are only pushing 180+ business days

Ugh... I'm waiting on my June moderns, so I guess I can stop looking if you're still waiting. You could literally create another person in the time it takes to get these books back.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, Kerdese said:

Ugh... I'm waiting on my June moderns, so I guess I can stop looking if you're still waiting. You could literally create another person in the time it takes to get these books back.

lol that is funny.

As mentioned they've screwed up their "In/Out" process and many have gotten July books back.  However when you reach out to CGC they say we'll get to em soon enough :sorry: 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

So part of my April 2021 order included some Eternals books. Since then, they've gone way up in value and then came crashing down. The books haven't even been pressed yet. The nice thing is that by the time I get them back, the Eternals reboot would have come and gone. Maybe it will be a little better. :wishluck:

The now approaching 1 year CGC TAT's do not rewards flippers. From my station that is a silver lining but sure a bunch of u here do not feel the same.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Modern.... slow

Received 12/15

SFG sometime around Christmas.

QC 2/14

And I still Have some Modern slow around Oct and Nov. That are still sfg. so the wait continues......

Well I'll be juice nootin nanny pootin, these shipped today!

Only one 9.8, I expected saga 2 to get 9.8, but most 9.4's ended 9.6 so I'm happy!

No press. One I bought at the last con as NM + came back 8.5 with notes that say moderate crunch whole bottom of book, all the way through.

Well that's just lovely.