• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I'll be juice nootin nanny pootin, these shipped today!

Only one 9.8, I expected saga 2 to get 9.8, but most 9.4's ended 9.6 so I'm happy!

No press. One I bought at the last con as NM + came back 8.5 with notes that say moderate crunch whole bottom of book, all the way through.

Well that's just lovely. 

I guess this is another "mistake" as a regular modern submission from Mid-December was completed before a fast-track modern submission from November. 

Yeah the order of processing submissions seems, well, out of order. As an example:

Order A (modern, no extras)

Received 8/27 SFG since Oct.

Order B (modern, no extras)

Received 8/27 GEI since Dec.

Order C (modern, fast track)

Received 1/22/22 at G/QC

For those counting, my FT is at QC after only like 13 business days, whereas my other submissions are running 114 days and only one of them is even in grading. I'm seeing several other posts here where slow tracks received after mine have shipped, and fast tracks are moving much quicker than estimated.

Now I'm happy that my FT is moving at the speed of sound, but my regulars are moving at the speed of sloth, and it doesn't sense much make. Its almost like orders are being pulled at random, or that orders placed in the room closest to the vending machines are getting pulled, but the ones in the room down by the copier are being relegated to the annals of history. 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I'll be juice nootin nanny pootin, these shipped today!

Only one 9.8, I expected saga 2 to get 9.8, but most 9.4's ended 9.6 so I'm happy!

No press. One I bought at the last con as NM + came back 8.5 with notes that say moderate crunch whole bottom of book, all the way through.

Well that's just lovely. 

amazing my moderns from Nov still at SFG.  Let's Go FIRST IN FIRST OUT :sumo: 

On 2/14/2022 at 8:19 PM, Iceman399 said:

amazing my moderns from Nov still at SFG.  Let's Go FIRST IN FIRST OUT :sumo: 

On 2/14/2022 at 4:14 PM, joeypost said:

I guess this is another "mistake" as a regular modern submission from Mid-December was completed before a fast-track modern submission from November. 

Just doubly sure, I still have subs from October and November that are sfg, so I feel your pain; although it subsided a bit because I'm Lord willing getting something back.

Today, I got a message that my package I ordered for a friend that he paid for was delivered, and nothing is on the porch. I have USPS looking into it. We'll see how it all plays out, I've learned when I am not in control lol

On 2/14/2022 at 9:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just doubly sure, I still have subs from October and November that are sfg, so I feel your pain; although it subsided a bit because I'm Lord willing getting something back.

Today, I got a message that my package I ordered for a friend that he paid for was delivered, and nothing is on the porch. I have USPS looking into it. We'll see how it all plays out, I've learned when I am not in control lol

Fedex left 4 boxes on my porch today for 4 hrs...I'm so glad I live in a good neighbourhood

On 2/14/2022 at 8:25 PM, Iceman399 said:

Fedex left 4 boxes on my porch today for 4 hrs...I'm so glad I live in a good neighbourhood

More than likely mine got misdelivered to a neighbor, but no official word yet...

Anyway, i have confidence, a sure hope that isn't shaken, yet sometimes life happens lol

I'm still awaiting anything and nothing is for certain until it happens. :wishluck: My friend has peace. 

So Joey dropped off 8 Modern Tier books and 2 Standard Tier books (no fast track) on 9/28/21. Today I got a Fedex email that the books are arriving this Friday, 2/18/22 which is 104 working days. Certainly faster than I was expecting. I am enjoying the suspense of waiting to see the grades.

Edited by PovertyRow
spelling

On 2/14/2022 at 6:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

How could it have been delivered with USPS registered mail with no one signing for it?

On 2/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, MAR1979 said:

The now approaching 1 year CGC TAT's do not rewards flippers. From my station that is a silver lining but sure a bunch of u here do not feel the same.

What an individual_without_enough_empathy thing to say. I could not be further from the definition of a 'flipper'. And even if I was, 18 months to get books back has no silver lining.

quick question. does CCS turnaround start when your package is recieved by CGC, recieved by CCS, or when it begins pressing?

i have an order delivered on 4/9 that went into CCS process on 11/24 and i'm just trying to gauge when it should be moving out of CCS.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

How could it have been delivered with USPS registered mail with no one signing for it?

I'm not sure what you're asking. My CGC shipment is due later this week, if you're following, the package was a friend's delivered to me from eBay that was misdelivered. I said USPS and not registered mail.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure what you're asking. My CGC shipment is due later this week, if you're following, the package was a friend's delivered to me from eBay that was misdelivered. I said USPS and not registered mail.

I thought you meant a CGC package either way coming back from CGC was delivered by USPS without a signature. So your friends package was coming via CGC then?  Since CGC only uses USPS reg. mail service etc.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

I thought you meant a CGC package either way coming back from CGC was delivered by USPS without a signature. So your friends package was coming via CGC then?  Since CGC only uses USPS reg. mail service etc.

I see how that was confusing.

My friend sent me money to buy off eBay to hold for him. His package was delivered to me yesterday yet not on the porch, probably at neighbors or something. USPS has the report to look into it.

I mentioned it cause:

My December moderns shipped yesterday from CGC, and I have Oct and Nov cgc (same modern slow tier) that are still sfg. I mentioned any turmoil because while it seems I'm getting books back sooner than others, mail and arrival are other issues; along with, other subs that could or should have been done before this Dec are still sfg. (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM