• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 1:57 PM, Stefan_W said:

Wow, things are really picking up now and moving quickly.

Modern slow track group of 25 pre-screen books received 11 Nov 2021, shifted to G/E/I 24 March 2022.

Thanks for the update. I have a 11/4 prescreen. I guess i should see some movement soon.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:48 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

USPS return shipping is so sloooow :tumbleweed:

Umm yeah...my USPS shipment left CGC on 3/11 and still isn't here (St. Louis area). Tracking hasn't updated in almost 6 days. A tad sick to my stomach but trying to remain positive.

This week's fun and exciting update....

Reholder

Shipped 08/07/2021

Today 03/24/2022

:pullhair:

229 days and waiting.

Approximately 19,785,600 seconds and still waiting.

3 more days and I should pass the 20,000,000 seconds mark.  Feels like 20,000,000 years.

Customer Service rating - F

On 3/24/2022 at 1:45 PM, thingsofstuff said:

Has anyone had anything in the CCS Slow track move over to CGC recently?  Specifically I'm looking for anything initially received in June 2021 or later.  My sub, received 6/19/21, dropped off the 8-month window more than a month ago and I'm just curious if anyone else had movement.  It changed to "CCS in Process" on January 11 and then gone.  Just wondering/hoping others have had some movement to compare to.

I had a customers invoice move to CGC grading today, it was entered into the system for CCS around 5/24.  That invoice had also dropped off the page, I didn't recognize the Value tier submission when it appeared at the top of my invoice page this afternoon.

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13/21~ - Received by CCS

11/24/21 - CCS in Process

(No longer showing on dashboard)

3/24/22 - SFG (back on dashboard)

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

In-house Signing + CCS (Bagley)

1/10 - Mailed to CGC 

1/12 - Delivered to CGC facility

1/24 - Received by CGC

1/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

--

stoked i FINALLY got some movement on my CCS Modern 😩

Edited by qlow
unbolded 1/24 dates

Insane.i got stuff waiting to be pressed and then graded from last aug.not even pressed yet. By time it gets pressed and grsded probably be years later.Got books there sent july last year.got charged for some for some reason. Still no good explanation Still sitting there.i stopped sending stuff last year. Just a total S show at this point. Either hire more people or stop new submissions for a few weeks to frikken catch up . Good lord.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:58 PM, Nibirus said:

Anyone have any idea how long it stays in this state Grading/Quality Control? I think that is getting close to the end :)

I guess i got too excited it was moving well, went to Quality Control about the 17th of Feb, 5 weeks at Grading/Quality Control, hopefully the guy looking at it thought it deserved a better grade B|, i emailed a week or so back, but no reply.

I sent, 19 Modern Books for Press and Grading, and they arrived, 09.28.21.

Status "Received at CCS" (As of 03.24.22 11:18pm PST lol)

Looks like it will be a while from what everyone else has said. Look forward to seeing if any of these submissions plug the final holes in Spectacular Spider-Man #01-276 "Nuff Said!" Collection. Cross your fingers for me :)

Good luck everyone!

On 3/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, Sdmeyer11 said:

Umm yeah...my USPS shipment left CGC on 3/11 and still isn't here (St. Louis area). Tracking hasn't updated in almost 6 days. A tad sick to my stomach but trying to remain positive.

Keep the faith. I routinely see books hit predictable intermediate steps & hubs on way to Sarasota. Month ago, i saw one left local USPS where dropped off then NOTHING for days. Enough, no updates, time had passed I submitted a missing package search. Two days later it popped up in Pensacola regional hub and made it to CGC next day. This was a 2Day priority package. I think it got sorted as Media or Parcel ground service and missed a scanning step (or two) but it made it there fine. 

On 3/24/2022 at 3:26 PM, Sdmeyer11 said:

Registered Mail don't follow the normal tracking number updates. They frequently go from origin to delivered. Don't worry too much about it. Registered is also one of the slowest ways to ship something, so a week+ is normal.

I have a single modern comic book submission that was received on December 9, 2021 for a press and grade. What's a realistic time frame given the current turn around times to get this book back? Could it possibly be later than new years?:preach:

On 3/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, Stefan_W said:

Wow, things are really picking up now and moving quickly.

Modern slow track group of 25 pre-screen books received 11 Nov 2021, shifted to G/E/I 24 March 2022.

Modern slow track pre-screen just shifted to Grading/Quality Control - 25 March 2022.