• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,066 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, mytastebud said:

I have a single modern comic book submission that was received on December 9, 2021 for a press and grade. What's a realistic time frame given the current turn around times to get this book back? Could it possibly be later than new years?:preach:

Yes. If you assume five days of work a week, the current turnaround time for Pressing alone is 13 months. Six days a week is 11 months. That doesn't even include a potential of up to 5 months for grading. Worst case you may not get them until May 2023. I would be more inclined to say early 2023 though.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:45 PM, thingsofstuff said:

Has anyone had anything in the CCS Slow track move over to CGC recently?  Specifically I'm looking for anything initially received in June 2021 or later.  My sub, received 6/19/21, dropped off the 8-month window more than a month ago and I'm just curious if anyone else had movement.  It changed to "CCS in Process" on January 11 and then gone.  Just wondering/hoping others have had some movement to compare to.

CCS slow track 2 magazines. Received 5/2021 at CCS moved to CGC G/E/I on 3/9/2022. No movement since.

On 3/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, JollyComics said:

To anyone uses Economy, what are your updates?

Mine

Received 8/21/21 and SFG

I had a one book non-CSS Economy submission received by CGC on Jul 27, 2021.  Status changed to GEI on 2/9/2022, and it was shipped back on 3/11.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:45 PM, thingsofstuff said:

Has anyone had anything in the CCS Slow track move over to CGC recently?  Specifically I'm looking for anything initially received in June 2021 or later.  My sub, received 6/19/21, dropped off the 8-month window more than a month ago and I'm just curious if anyone else had movement.  It changed to "CCS in Process" on January 11 and then gone.  Just wondering/hoping others have had some movement to compare to.

I have 3 CCS slow track submissions (2 Modern 25 & 6 book, 1 Economy 22 book) that have been "Received at CCS" since 7/27.  I have not been billed for any of these submissions, and I expect them to fall into the netherworld with your submission this weekend.

This thread makes me sad and every time I look at TaT, economy keeps going up. Now at 212 days :cry:

Day 175 for me. 4 economy slow, still SFG and doing the death march towards GEI. 

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html?d1=12&m1=07&y1=2021&d2=25&m2=3&y2=2022&ti=on&

On 3/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, captainzombie said:

Once the status switches to "Scheduled for Grading", on average how long does it take them to start grading Modern Fast Track and Walkthrough submissions?

Can't speak for FT but WK is really fast.

On 3/26/2022 at 7:30 AM, captainzombie said:

Once the status switches to "Scheduled for Grading", on average how long does it take them to start grading Modern Fast Track and Walkthrough submissions?

Seems like lately Modern FT are unofficially taking a month or less.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, Stefan_W said:

Modern slow track pre-screen just shifted to Grading/Quality Control - 25 March 2022. 

Modern slow track 25 books

SFG 11 Nov 2021

GEI 24 Mach 2022

Grading/Quality Control 25 March

Shipped 28 March

Really happy with this!

On 3/28/2022 at 6:44 AM, Stefan_W said:

Things are absolutely flying now.

25 slow track pre-screen:

SFG - 16 Dec 2021

G/E/I - 28 Mar 2022

Nice! I'm right behind you again on subs. I have a 12 book 12/3 modern at SFG. Hopefully it bumps up soon considering it was there earlier.

My 11/4 modern prescreen shipped today :whee:

On 3/26/2022 at 12:11 PM, dikran1 said:

Can't speak for FT but WK is really fast.

On 3/26/2022 at 1:16 PM, Tnexus said:

Seems like lately Modern FT are unofficially taking a month or less.

Thanks for the update! My WK has changed to G/E/I, so hopefully this one is completed this week. The other Modern FT order, guess we pray and hope to get that back sometime this year. LOL!

On 3/28/2022 at 12:33 PM, captainzombie said:

Thanks for the update! My WK has changed to G/E/I, so hopefully this one is completed this week. The other Modern FT order, guess we pray and hope to get that back sometime this year. LOL!

I am about to send in a modern FT in a couple of days from now. Based on what people here are saying it is exceptionally fast once it hits SFG, but the slow part right now is it is taking a month or more to even get the boxes open and into the system. Once this backlog clears out though it should be pretty smooth sailing. 

On 3/28/2022 at 12:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

I am about to send in a modern FT in a couple of days from now. Based on what people here are saying it is exceptionally fast once it hits SFG, but the slow part right now is it is taking a month or more to even get the boxes open and into the system. Once this backlog clears out though it should be pretty smooth sailing. 

I think what helped me to at least get my box opened up and into the system is that I have one book that is a walkthrough which was a part of the package. It will be interesting to see how quickly these other modern fast tracks get graded.

Hopefully they can get on track here soon.