• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, eastriver31400 said:

Was the grading as expected?

Its been so long for me I dont know what to expect anymore.

This question was not directed at me, but I had three batches of books come back from CGC in the past couple of weeks and I feel the grading was very fair. A couple of disappointments and a few pleasant surprises mixed in with a large majority of books landing where I thought they would land. 

On 4/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, Petroman said:

I think its a fair complaint.  Some others have said they don't care much about grader notes, and for the most part I would agree.  Who really cares what the grader notes say if the book is a 5.5, 6.0, etc.?  But for those books that you send out hoping for a 9.8 or 9.6 worst case that somehow come back as 9.2 I'd like to know the reason why.  Maybe its something that could be pressed out, or maybe its just something the submitter missed.  I think that especially in that 8.5 to 9.4 book range (and more so for modern books) the grader notes are worth something.  

The other side to that is I have them seen them use generic notes that are so vague they really do not help. I sent in several books that all got different grades but the notes were all the same "Light stress marks to spine". Cmon bro. Worst copy and paste job I have ever seen. Just mailing it in because they are lazy.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:26 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

The other side to that is I have them seen them use generic notes that are so vague they really do not help. I sent in several books that all got different grades but the notes were all the same "Light stress marks to spine". Cmon bro. Worst copy and paste job I have ever seen. Just mailing it in because they are lazy.

Well yeah, if they’re gonna phone it in, no need. But the point would be to actually put useful notes that can actually help us.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, eastriver31400 said:

Was the grading as expected?

Its been so long for me I dont know what to expect anymore.

Value grades were very fair. Within a grade up or down as expected for most. A couple 2-3 grades higher than expected 👍

Modern was utterly baffling…

On 4/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, dikran1 said:

Value grades were very fair. Within a grade up or down as expected for most. A couple 2-3 grades higher than expected 👍

Modern was utterly baffling…

Was the modern grading completely off from what you expected?

On 4/7/2022 at 5:29 PM, Mosh It Up said:

Yeah, that or they laid out the guidelines that you guys chose to ignore and now you're whining like babies about it :violin:

Have you (and the rest of you guys/persons, participants, etc?)...joined this yet...? ...I know you are talented ...;)

On 4/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, skybolt said:

Was the modern grading completely off from what you expected?

Couple of baffling 9.0s on books that look utterly flawless with no notes. And a 9.6 on a book I thought was a 9.0…

image.thumb.png.d4845d6c4f18cded0a96f0458ebd3b80.png

Grades were just OK. No real surprises in either direction. Only 7 9.8s.

Perhaps the pressing reverted after 6+ months.

Edited by eddly

On 4/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, eddly said:

12/6/2021

modern slow

grading/quality control 

Mine went from GEI to G/QC to Shipped in the matter of a few hours today. You should be close…expect a bunch of 9.8s graded as 9.6s…