• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2022 at 4:14 AM, gregwynn said:

Does your Express have a Label? I have an Express RCVD 24 March that went to GE! on 30 March and is still at GEI

Yes sir , box was marked.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Presumably quicker. I'm not familiar 

Thank you! Just trying to gauge how long it usually takes them to open up a walkthrough package, since they have had mine since Tuesday morning. I even marked the entire box with "WK" like we are supposed to. My last submission was opened and logged within 24 hours of receipt.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:36 PM, captainzombie said:

....do what I started doing and create a spreadsheet to log everything in to keep track of.

I do this. Like to note dates at which each status change updated. You quickly compile a historical chart that quickly lets you see trends developing. Like right now, my MODERNS w/no additional services have gone from even 5 months to about 3m3w TAT. Now to see if signings and Wondercon drive that up. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

I do this. Like to note dates at which each status change updated. You quickly compile a historical chart that quickly lets you see trends developing. Like right now, my MODERNS w/no additional services have gone from even 5 months to about 3m3w TAT. Now to see if signings and Wondercon drive that up. 

I think its the best way to really keep track of these. I have also added what grades I think the books will get after I have cleaned and pressed them, then add a column next to that with the actual CGC grade. There is a column for grader notes and one with my notes to mark any issues that I saw with the book before sending it in. I do the same thing with any books that I buy from Facebook shows or else you end up losing track of what you bought.

I do what you have been, add the day the package was mailed out, when it was received at their dock/front office, when it was checked in, and so forth to just keep track.

It is so baffling on how inconsistent that they are with opening these packages though. If I paid for walkthrough, that darn thing should be opened within 24 hours not days or a week later.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:05 PM, Stefan_W said:

My modern pre-screen that went into SFG on 29 Jan 2022 just hit G/E/I on 13 Apr 2022. I have been very impressed on the turnaround times for my pre-screens so far. 

Interestingly, my slow track modern that also went into SFG on 29 Jan, same day as the pre-screen, is still in SFG. This is the second time in a row that my pre-screens were done faster than regular slow track submissions.

Worth noting that everything I have sent in so far has been significantly faster than the promised TATs on the web site. Kudos to the graders, they are really motoring right now.  

The modern pre-screen just flipped to Grading/QC, 14 Apr 2022. 

This was a reholder from the cancelled Perez signing. Returned for major scratches on slab and bent corner on comic book. Lets hope that I don't have to send it back a second time.

Nine day turnaround!  Last ERROR took one month.
4/6/22 (1) MECHANICAL ERROR
Shipped  4/15/22

On 4/11/2022 at 2:26 PM, wombat said:

At least if they come back with the same grade you won't have to forever wonder if they swapped the labels. 

For real.  I learned my lesson.  I've had 2 submissions that had 2 copies of the same book, where the lower graded copy looked better than the one that graded higher.  I won't ever make that mistake again.  Multiple copies of the same book are going in separate submissions from now on, unless there's a clear separation in grade (e.g. two copies of FF #52 where one is clearly in the 4.0 range, and the other in the 6.0 range).    
I pity those that submit 25 copies of the same book, never knowing now many had swapped labels.  

Any word from anybody on where they are at with Economy Slow Track?  Has anybody that submitted in Sept. 2021 gotten their books back?  A few weeks ago some folks stated they got their Economy Slows from August.  I'm hoping they've at least moved into the September submissions, even though mine have a received date of 9/28/21   :(  

Edited by djzombi
changed "modern" to "economy," which is what I really meant!

On 4/14/2022 at 9:08 PM, djzombi said:

Any word from anybody on where they are at with Economy Slow Track?  Has anybody that submitted in Sept. 2021 gotten their books back?  A few weeks ago some folks stated they got their Economy Slows from August.  I'm hoping they've at least moved into the September submissions, even though mine have a received date of 9/28/21   :(  

My August Economy are still SFG.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:06 PM, djzombi said:

For real.  I learned my lesson.  I've had 2 submissions that had 2 copies of the same book, where the lower graded copy looked better than the one that graded higher.  I won't ever make that mistake again.  Multiple copies of the same book are going in separate submissions from now on, unless there's a clear separation in grade (e.g. two copies of FF #52 where one is clearly in the 4.0 range, and the other in the 6.0 range).    
I pity those that submit 25 copies of the same book, never knowing now many had swapped labels.  

I had something similar happen with my first submission, but with 2 Batman books that they were off by 20 issues between each other. They both received the same grade and grader notes, while the one I thought was going to get graded very low. I made the same mistake you just made with this latest submission that CGC has received and now I am kicking myself. I sent 2 of Moon Knight #1's from the 1980 run. The one has an apparent issue where it looks like someone tried to clean the book and took a little bit of the yellow off of one of the letters in the MK title. While the other book is in NM+ condition, which conservatively I'd give it a 9.4-9.6 range. Now I fear after doing that both end up getting the lower grade because the grader could end up having an off day or lazy.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:08 PM, djzombi said:

Has anybody that submitted in Sept. 2021 gotten their books back?  A few weeks ago some folks stated they got their Economy Slows from August. 

8/12 still SFG and now fallen off the log in page so I am no longer checking as it is too many extra steps (and they are not moving anyway)

On 4/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, captainzombie said:

I had something similar happen with my first submission, but with 2 Batman books that they were off by 20 issues between each other. They both received the same grade and grader notes, while the one I thought was going to get graded very low. I made the same mistake you just made with this latest submission that CGC has received and now I am kicking myself. I sent 2 of Moon Knight #1's from the 1980 run. The one has an apparent issue where it looks like someone tried to clean the book and took a little bit of the yellow off of one of the letters in the MK title. While the other book is in NM+ condition, which conservatively I'd give it a 9.4-9.6 range. Now I fear after doing that both end up getting the lower grade because the grader could end up having an off day or lazy.

I will say that most of the submissions I send in these days include 2 or 3 copies of the same book. Although I feel like the grading is super tough these days, I haven't had any of the experiences noted above. With that being said, I have several submissions that are currently being pressed that will have 8 plus copies of a single issue. Will see how that goes.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, skybolt said:

I will say that most of the submissions I send in these days include 2 or 3 copies of the same book. Although I feel like the grading is super tough these days, I haven't had any of the experiences noted above. With that being said, I have several submissions that are currently being pressed that will have 8 plus copies of a single issue. Will see how that goes.

If you can remember, please keep us updated on how you fair with multiple copies of a single issue. Good luck!

On 4/15/2022 at 6:11 AM, gregwynn said:

Modern Presceen No Labels:

Rcvd 12 Jan

GEI 4/13/22

G/QC 4/14/22

My Express(ASM300 CPR) with Label is still sitting at GEI after 2 weeks.....Might be done with labels....

12 JAN Prescreen Shipped Today 4/15/22

Somewhere around 75 Business days from package received to shipped. 

Edited by gregwynn