• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

My Modern Slow Track is still in received status from March of 2022.  The order was originally received by CGC on July 12, 2021 and then charged by CCS on March 18th, 2022.  It fell off the submission tracker before officially being received back at CGC and I am still waiting for that coveted SFG status.

I see people's orders from April are getting processed, perhaps my books will get updated soon?

On 6/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, Droid81 said:

My Modern Slow Track is still in received status from March of 2022.  The order was originally received by CGC on July 12, 2021 and then charged by CCS on March 18th, 2022.  It fell off the submission tracker before officially being received back at CGC and I am still waiting for that coveted SFG status.

I see people's orders from April are getting processed, perhaps my books will get updated soon?

In same boat, have multiple modern submissions all “Received” by CCS 7/16/21, and then charged in March, still sitting in Received. 

Also FWIW have multiple 8/16/21 and 8/17/21 submissions also still sitting in “Received”. These however were never charged to my card, which if they were a month behind I’d have assumed would have been in April or maybe May at the latest but nope.

I’ve seen some here post they are seeing movement on June received books for CCS so there’s hope.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, Petroman said:

image.thumb.png.08cd2a1e7515a00aef590b67f0c3aa64.png

Best grades I've had in over a year.  All pre-1993 books, 8 x 9.8 and 2 x 9.6.  Oddly enough one of the 9.8's had grader notes.  Never seen that before.  "very light fingerprints on cover
very light spine stress lines to cover"

Fingerprints got a 9.8?! They've always hammered that. 

I shipped my first order to CGC on 6/21/21....they waited two months to acknowledge they received it, which again...is just an artificial tool to give them room to delay working on your order and what used to be uncommon becomes the norm. So they had 17 of the books waiting at CCS to be pressed...I used to be able to look at that order and see status, but apparently after eight months...they remove that ability which implies by even their standards your order has been there so long they can no longer maintain your active status...lol. Now after manually plugging in the order numbers...it just says "received" with no further status. This company REALLY needs to work on their customer service. If your demand is so high that you're over a year out on processing your work...then you can afford to grow your staff to process the work. It's basic...and I truly believe artificial....because they offer "express" options....if you are willing to pay MORE....you get things faster. Instead of a single flat rate and better service for the vast majority of customers which I think we would all agree with helps more of the community...nope...if you want to go economy class...you get to wait for as long as they want.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:44 AM, Beastfeast said:

It was a square bound prestige format book.  Not high gloss, but definitely a little glossy.  I guess the fact that both defects were "very light" was minor enough to allow for the 9.8 grade.  I'm hoping that the grading eases up enough to get back to the point where a 9.8 does not have to be a mint condition book.  This MFT submission took about 1.5 months to process whereas my prior ones were done in about 2 weeks.  My guess is that I got a more experience grader on this submission and thus the extra processing time and more accurate grades.  The grades on my prior two MFT's were pretty .  I'll happily have them take the extra time versus rushing the books through and getting low grades.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:16 AM, Iconic1s said:

Add inability to get items shipped in a timely manner to turnaround times!  Grades posted 10 June 2022… books were received CCS 11 June 2021.  When grades posted on the 10th it showed a future ship date of Monday 13 June… figured no big deal, they’ll start moving on the 13th. Here we are Friday morning the 17th and box is barely accepted by USPS, which I think just means it’s still at CGC warehouse but has been scanned a couple times. This minor ‘progress’ was only after bringing @CGC Mike(who seems to be the only one that cares) into the issue.  Tried Customer Service where I got the standard (shrug)

So let down with this company…  it’s one thing to tolerate a year+ turnaround but another when they can’t even get items shipped to you timely.  Great idea to eliminate UPS and FEDEX and make USPS your single point of failure!

30488CD8-EBBC-451B-9594-1E06277F0F1A.jpeg.6ded227a06c930656dac5814fdf7718b.jpeg

it takes 3 days to print the packing slip...slow printer

Edited by Ed Hanes

SO I just saw they are opening and submitting within the next day now. (no more notice about what week boxes they are opening)..that's some progress (How long has that been going on?). I had a box delivered yesterday and opened/submitted today (MFT)..maybe their incoming volume is lightening up

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 6/17/2022 at 10:44 AM, Beastfeast said:

That’s pretty inconsistent… I’ve got recent 9.6’s, 9.4’s, and even an 8.5 with no grader notes!  Meanwhile they give a 9.8 to a book with ‘fingerprints’ literally in the grader notes??  What the heck are they doing!!!

So, NOTHING on this book was worth mentioning in grader notes before slamming an 8.5 on it!!  Meanwhile they give a book with fingerprints mentioned in notes a 9.8!!

52432683-4E57-459E-8075-872E43D4901A.jpeg.7c8c9b823d6b29bd513502d953735f74.jpeg
So arbitrary from the world’s leader.

Edited by Iconic1s

On 6/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, Droid81 said:

I think pre screens tend to be much faster

On 6/17/2022 at 12:19 PM, Iconic1s said:

That’s pretty inconsistent… I’ve got recent 9.6’s, 9.4’s, and even an 8.5 with no grader notes!  Meanwhile they give a 9.8 to a book with ‘fingerprints’ literally in the grader notes??  What the heck are they doing!!!

So, NOTHING on this book was worth mentioning in Grader Notes before slamming an 8.5 on it!!  Meanwhile they give a book with fingerprints a 9.8!!

52432683-4E57-459E-8075-872E43D4901A.jpeg.7c8c9b823d6b29bd513502d953735f74.jpeg

Honestly, at this point it's like playing Russian Roulette. Your submissions basically have a 33% chance of being graded by a newbie who gives out 8.5's and 9.0's like candy for production type defects.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, Petroman said:

image.thumb.png.08cd2a1e7515a00aef590b67f0c3aa64.png

Best grades I've had in over a year.  All pre-1993 books, 8 x 9.8 and 2 x 9.6.  Oddly enough one of the 9.8's had grader notes.  Never seen that before.  "very light fingerprints on cover
very light spine stress lines to cover"

Given all of the QC errors lately, I would not be surprised if the 9.8 with grader's notes was actually graded 9.4-9.6, but assigned the wrong grade/label...

On 6/17/2022 at 11:39 AM, Flatliner1313 said:

At this rate @greggy is going to get all of his Modern slows back faster than my Standard submission. And his book arrived later than mine as well. 

image.thumb.png.1e645d0d2d1dc01678b1f4f285838371.png

I emailed customer service regarding membership credit from last year due to the current TATs and I was told my order is still being pressed by CCS even though I was charged back on March 17th.  Also, when I search for this order in the submission tracking it says 'Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available.'

If my order had actually been received by CGC before I renewed my membership just a week ago the submission would have still qualified for last years membership credit, but because my books are not even at CGC yet, I will be loosing my credit from an entire year of having a membership.  Why offer a credit for an order if it takes longer than a year to process said order, therefore not qualifying for the credit?

Here I thought my books were done at CCS and were already at CGC, but this is not true.  Not having accurate information on the Submission Tracking page is most frustrating.  For everyone waiting on orders older then 8 months, there is no guarantee your books are actually where they say they are.