• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2022 at 10:58 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern Fast Track  8 books - (No CCS)(TAT estimate 20)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 6/27/22
  • Received/SFG - 6/28/22 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 7/1/22 (D + 4)
  • GQC - 7/5/22 (D + 5)
  • Shipped - 7/6/22 (D + 7)
  • Delivered - 

Modern 16 books - (No CCS, No FT)(TAT estimate 81)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 6/27/22
  • Received/SFG - 6/28/22 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Darn. I was debating on sending my last shipment fast track and opted for slow track instead. If I went for FT I would have them back by now. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:27 AM, Poka said:

apologize if this has already been answered. With the change in CGC's return shipping, where are we for those submissions where the form was filled prior to the change in the price of return shipping. Will those be shipped with USPS or will there be a refund? 

I called customer service and asked about this specifically.

The rep said they "should" reflect the new rates when they ship them in the future even on a new form because "that is what they are telling us."

I wasn't comfortable with his answer so I waited until yesterday to print out my packing list with the new shipping rates on it.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, Stefan_W said:

I am going to eat a bit of crow with this one. 

I cracked 8 of the slabs that I figured were worth cracking and only 3 of those were clearly undergraded with one at the borderline. The others were graded correctly. Assuming the ones that were not worth cracking are about the same the overall grading was not as bad as I initially thought (although still a bit tougher than usual), and in most cases I just missed small things that I should have caught before sending the books in. 

Live and learn. 

I will join you and eat crow on my last batch as well, where only 1 out of 20 books came back as a 9.8. I sent these books in to be pressed about 10 months ago and couldn't remember whether or not they were strong 9.8 candidates. A lot of these books were newsstand copies of Web of Spider-Man #4 & #5. Since CGC was grading a lot more leniently last year, I guess I had assumed that the one very small color breaking spine tick along the spine of most of these copies would still achieve a 9.8 grade after pressing. Since CGC is grading tougher these days, I completely get why these books were downgraded to 9.4/9.6. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:28 AM, PickleRick1216 said:

I called customer service and asked about this specifically.

The rep said they "should" reflect the new rates when they ship them in the future even on a new form because "that is what they are telling us."

I wasn't comfortable with his answer so I waited until yesterday to print out my packing list with the new shipping rates on it.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:27 AM, Poka said:

apologize if this has already been answered. With the change in CGC's return shipping, where are we for those submissions where the form was filled prior to the change in the price of return shipping. Will those be shipped with USPS or will there be a refund? 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:33 AM, Stefan_W said:

Darn. I was debating on sending my last shipment fast track and opted for slow track instead. If I went for FT I would have them back by now. 

Sent three fast track modern where they were opened and entered on 6/28.  They are already on their way back to me.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, Miguelb said:

Sent three fast track modern where they were opened and entered on 6/28.  They are already on their way back to me.

How were the grades?  My recent experience has been the faster the turn around, the worse the grades.  Hopefully this was not the case for you!

1x Express
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29; Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 7/7 :news:

2x Standard
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29

4x Fast Track Economy
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29

One of my five 5/12 received slow modern submissions just went to G/E/I. I hate to say this, but these days I'm dreading getting books back due to A.) CGC's tough grading on about 1/3 of my submissions, and B.) the slow selling market, which creates a lot more inventory.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:09 PM, skybolt said:

One of my five 5/12 received slow modern submissions just went to G/E/I. I hate to say this, but these days I'm dreading getting books back due to A.) CGC's tough grading on about 1/3 of my submissions, and B.) the slow selling market, which creates a lot more inventory.

I didn't post it, because I wasn't sure where we were in order, but the 10 book modern I got back 2 days ago was received on 5/3

The grades made sense to me, some were text book grades, imo, and they hit it on the head. To be honest I felt 2 were generous, but those I was unsure of when I sent them and 1 was a little harsh imo but I get it :cheers:

Hoping for you!

On 7/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, skybolt said:

Is modern slow track getting caught up or is your submission fast track?

I have a submission waiting for Modern Slow Track service but it has fallen off the tracker and has been in received status since March-ish; Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available.  If the TAT's for modern slow track shows 83 days, does that mean they are most still working on orders from mid-March?

On 7/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, Droid81 said:

Is modern slow track getting caught up or is your submission fast track?

I have a submission waiting for Modern Slow Track service but it has fallen off the tracker and has been in received status since March-ish; Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available.  If the TAT's for modern slow track shows 83 days, does that mean they are most still working on orders from mid-March?

I would call CGC and ask about your submission (for example, my 4/11/2021 received CCS submission is way overdue). For example my four slow track moderns received on 4/6 were graded and shipped over 2 weeks ago. I've also see other people post their slow modern books received in late Aril / early may going into G/E/I.

I called yesterday to check on my 24 x modern book submission that was received on 4/7/22.

It moved to G/E/I on 6/20/22 and has stalled.

Customer serviced told me yesterday that books received on 3/16/22 are currently entering quality control.

Based on many of the posts in this forum that does not match turnaround times for everyone else.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Anyone know how long the check in time is??? 

If by "check in" you mean how long it takes to show up on your account after delivery, it took my last submission about 2 business days. Keep in mind this was an "Express" submission (so box was marked).

On 7/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, Aarrow108 said:

If by "check in" you mean how long it takes to show up on your account after delivery, it took my last submission about 2 business days. Keep in mind this was an "Express" submission (so box was marked).

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I got the delivered notification just waiting for it to show on my account. Might be a couple more days since mine wasn't express. Thanks man 

On 7/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, skybolt said:

I would call CGC and ask about your submission (for example, my 4/11/2021 received CCS submission is way overdue). For example my four slow track moderns received on 4/6 were graded and shipped over 2 weeks ago. I've also see other people post their slow modern books received in late Aril / early may going into G/E/I.

My brother had to do that yesterday and give them a call as he has had books still sitting at CGC since May 2021. He thinks he may have had some resolution on getting his books finally to get graded but he still feels uncertain even speaking to a manager.