• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/12/2022 at 8:07 AM, CGC Mike said:

Please send me the submission numbers along with this text.  That goes for everyone else that have had books pressed and are receiving noted with finger bends, and a low percentage of 9.8's or lower grades than they were expecting.  I will send in all of the submission numbers, text etc... and we will try to find out what is going on with unexpected finger bends and/or lower grades than you were expecting.  Keep in mind, number of books, grades, graders notes submission numbers and any other comment that applies will give us a better chance to find out what is going on.  If there's a problem, you can help to fix it by sending me the above data I have asked for.  

I was hoping to send the QC manager regarding this.  1 person has sent me info.  Pictures aren't required but, submission numbers are important, along with text.  Without submission numbers, we have no way to tell who has handled the books.  

On 7/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, Kerdese said:

10 days since they said they were going to charge my card for pressing and the status hasn't changed yet. Still sitting at received. Is this normal?

Books are in for grading! Took 17 days from pressing. Overall, it's been 1 year and 1 month, since I shipped my books. 

On 7/12/2022 at 11:05 AM, wiparker824 said:

Yeah I mean that’s still a month ago… I’d probably call/email for an update. And if they still are saying that it will take “awhile” to find your submission yet alone press and grade it, but just find it… I’d ask them to quantify “awhile” - how long does it normally take them to find a lost submission 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? Like I said I don’t think this is unreasonable given they are actively pressing books 3 months after yours arrived, the very least they could do is find yours. Good luck.

Just got back another response, which was pretty much a cut and paste from what I received 3 months ago. :tonofbricks:

April 7th, 2022 Response:

"Thank you for your email.  Your invoice 3821994 is finishing up with CCS pressing.  I'll see if we can try to speed that up at all for you.  It does look like it is almost completed with just a couple more books that need to finish pressing."

July 13th, 2022 Response:

"Thank you for your email. This submission is still in process at CCS. A few of the books have not yet finished up through the pressing process. This will be transferred to CGC shortly. Let us know if you have any other questions."

On 7/14/2022 at 7:43 AM, CGC Mike said:

I was hoping to send the QC manager regarding this.  1 person has sent me info.  Pictures aren't required but, submission numbers are important, along with text.  Without submission numbers, we have no way to tell who has handled the books.  

My apologies Mike. I just sent you a message.

On 7/14/2022 at 3:23 PM, skybolt said:

"Thank you for your email.  Your invoice 3821994 is finishing up with CCS pressing.  I'll see if we can try to speed that up at all for you.  It does look like it is almost completed with just a couple more books that need to finish pressing."

Mr. Niceguy says they tried their hardest.

Mr. Cynicalguy says they just said that to shut you up.

Either way, they were unsuccessful.

Customer service is just the worst....books have sat at CGC pending CCS for a year now....can't see status anymore...just says "received". They just billed for the pressing and assure me they are finally pressing them, but I can't tell because it just says "received". We're actually going backwards....it used to say "@ CCS for pressing" for eight months. I no longer use CCS for my pressing services....why would I? Private presser takes 1-2 months at most and costs the same and does a higher quality job. NOTHING should take over a year for a paid service and they have now billed my credit card for a service that has not been completed at this time. I feel like a hostage at this point....they have my books, I tried to request they cancel the service out of frustration at one point and they refuse to do that. I've lost value on the majority of the books because the market has cooled off. They should just stop offering CCS as a service if they can't figure this out.

Edited by NumminzAK

On 7/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, skybolt said:

Just got back another response, which was pretty much a cut and paste from what I received 3 months ago. :tonofbricks:

July 13th, 2022 Response:

"Thank you for your email. This submission is still in process at CCS. A few of the books have not yet finished up through the pressing process. This will be transferred to CGC shortly. Let us know if you have any other questions."

Sounds like they’re pressing one page a day or something with that language. At least they are sounding like they know where your books are and are working them But, not to make you feel worse but I just got movement today on one of my August 2021 subs, first marked as received by CCS on 8/17/21, now in GEI today. And this was a full 25 book modern slow track sub, so it’s quite odd that they still have a “couple more books” of yours when they just got thru 25 of mine that hit their system what? 4 months later than yours. (shrug)

On 7/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, wiparker824 said:

Sounds like they’re pressing one page a day or something with that language. At least they are sounding like they know where your books are and are working them But, not to make you feel worse but I just got movement today on one of my August 2021 subs, first marked as received by CCS on 8/17/21, now in GEI today. And this was a full 25 book modern slow track sub, so it’s quite odd that they still have a “couple more books” of yours when they just got thru 25 of mine that hit their system what? 4 months later than yours. (shrug)

No worries. My 5 CCS submissions from 6/25/21 were graded and shipped last month. I did receive a couple of other responses in the middle that noted they'll send someone to look for the books. Maybe each customer service employee has their own canned answer to keep the customer at bay.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:11 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Submissions all delivered to CGC Jul 26, 2021.  All Slow Track.
    Economy    22 books    
        Received at CCS Jul 27, 2021
        Charged for CCS May 9, 2022
        SFG Jul 12, 2022

Modern    25 books    
        SFG Jul 12, 2022

Modern     6 books     
        SFG Jul 12, 2022

And, as we all expected, the Economy books made it to GEI 1st!  :ohnoez:  On Jul 14th for those keeping score.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:25 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Hmm, grader notes on only one book...any theories?

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 6.23.42 PM.png

I have noticed on my recently received submissions there have been no graders notes on anything graded 9.2 or higher. I guess 9.0 is their cutoff for providing notes? (shrug)

is it just me, or?

Did all the "shipped links" on the submission page stop being clickable?

The word shipped is no longer red and you click it and it does nothing ???

Thank God I've already got a tab open for tracking but still :shy: @CGC Mike

On 7/15/2022 at 8:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

is it just me, or?

Not just you, probably a connection issue with shipping sites. 

On 7/15/2022 at 8:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

is it just me, or?

Must be a snag in the new shipping services?

On 7/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, ak47po said:

Must be a snag in the new shipping services?

I wasn't sure, or it at least had never happened that I was aware of, so I didn't know if they eventually come back? but surely, I mean right?

On 7/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, X_Phile said:

Not just you, probably a connection issue with shipping sites. 

I have had the links not work for refresh though, and when I'd refresh it would show info unavailable. It wasn't until I copy and pasted the tracking number after getting the link to work that refresh would be reliable, had to copy and paste the tracking number to get to the page (shrug) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/15/2022 at 9:03 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wasn't sure, or it at least had never happened that I was aware of, so I didn't know if they eventually come back? but surely, I mean right?

I have had the links not work for refresh though, and when I'd refresh it would show info unavailable. It wasn't until I copy and pasted the tracking number after getting the link to work that refresh would be reliable, had to copy and paste the tracking number to get to the page (shrug) 

All but one of my past submissions is clickable now. Thanks @CGC Mike

Edited by ak47po