• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ed Hanes said:

19/25...3/4 of the ASM 200's (not bad)

But I think I was charged for 25 custom labels instead of 19..my bill was 30 more than it should be

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 2.15.54 PM.png

If I'm doing the math, $30 more than it should be? You do know they charge you for rejects? Assuming 6 rejects I thought the reject cost was more than $5. (shrug)

On 7/27/2022 at 3:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If I'm doing the math, $30 more than it should be? You do know they charge you for rejects? Assuming 6 rejects I thought the reject cost was more than $5. (shrug)

they charge 8 dollars per reject

they charge 5 dollars per custom label

I had 6 rejects 

I was charged 30 dollars over what I should have been charged ( I did account for the rejects in my original calculation along with the 5 dollar handling and the 48 dollars shipping costs)

now, if you can fit 48 dollars into 30 dollars then I want to see the math or even 30 dollars being divisible by 8 and giving a whole number...maybe you are using some foreign exchange rate in your calculation (shrug)

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 7/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I had 6 rejects 

I was charged 30 dollars over what I should have been charged ( I did account for the rejects in my original calculation along with the 5 dollar handling and the 48 dollars shipping costs)

now, if you can fit 48 dollars into 30 dollars then I want to see the math...maybe you are using some foreign exchange rate in your calculation (shrug)

think about what you posted

Why so defensive about a question? I never stated what I ASKED as fact lol

But your frustration isnt lost on me, sorry they're closed now. I was only trying to help, but not if your going to bite off my fingers for asking for details, which you gladly gave, there was nothing hostile in my post. Chalk that up to your frustration  :cheers:

On 7/27/2022 at 3:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

In fact I know they used to charge $5 per reject was where I was coming from, there are many things it could be. You could still have membership under the old rates and etc, I simply stated I didnt think it was $5 reject fee anymore, but it would make sense with the "math" if so. 

so it was meant to help, sorry if it didnt come off that way. :shy:

apologies...I did not take it as you trying to help...sometimes text gets lost in translation

On 7/27/2022 at 5:50 PM, Ed Hanes said:

apologies...I did not take it as you trying to help...sometimes text gets lost in translation

Oh it's ok, there is a lot there I wasnt calculating myself (as a bookkeeper not quite an accountant) lol

Spoiler

So I was just trying to gather all the info, because I didnt know all of it, i can see how it may have come off as sarcasm or belittling,  that's my bad.

It sounded like 6 custom label costs for $5 a piece here

On 7/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ed Hanes said:

19/25...3/4 of the ASM 200's (not bad)

But I think I was charged for 25 custom labels instead of 19..my bill was 30 more than it should be

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 2.15.54 PM.png

But then here

On 7/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I had 6 rejects 

now, if you can fit 48 dollars into 30 dollars then I want to see the math or even 30 dollars being divisible by 8 and giving a whole number...maybe you are using some foreign exchange rate in your calculation (shrug)

You've already accounted for some costs that weren't in the first post. Believe me as some bookkeeper can testify if they're under an accountant, mistakes like this happen all the time lol

I really should have reacted to your post and hoped and prayed it worked out  (thumbsu

As a bookkeeper learning, it was somewhat too irresistible to "want to do the math with you", which is why I posted them as questions. 

I'm rambling and digging a hole, but yes it was out of concern, because theyre closed and resolving it will have to wait. Intentions were to alleviate,  but I think your saying you have a pretty good idea and want to leave it at that :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, Stefan_W said:

A group of 10 ME books received on 7/15/22, shifted right through G/E/I and into QC today 7/26/22.

This grouped is marked as shipped today, so just under two weeks from being entered into the system and being done. That is super fast and I am really happy with it. Big kudos to the CGC staff to make this happen so quickly. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 7/27/2022 at 10:51 AM, Stefan_W said:

A group of 25 slow track moderns

SFG - 20 June 2022

G/E/I 27 July 2022

Holding my breath for this one. This is the nicest group of comics I have submitted myself to CGC and I am hoping they do really, really well. 

Shifted to Q/C at the end of the day today, July 28 2022. I hope the grader was not tired out when doing these. 

I am getting a bit nervous about this one. If things rolled well on a couple of the books they could be bumped to a higher value tier, but they are all listed as Modern and no word from CGC on extra charges. I really hope the grading was fair on this group. 

On 7/27/2022 at 11:20 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Submissions all delivered to CGC Jul 26, 2021.  All Slow Track.
    Economy 22 books    
        Received at CCS Jul 27, 2021
        Charged for CCS May 9, 2022
        SFG Jul 12, 2022
        GEI Jul 14, 2022

based on some orders that have unfrozen from last year, would it be safe to say that last year's CCS Economies/Value are being prioritized ahead of Slow Track non-CCS Economy/Value with regard to grading?

I ask because with the added wait of CCS you'd think a slow track Economy delivered August-Oct would have seen movement by now, but seems like all we see are the books coming out of CCS from the great glut of submissions last year.

Lol idk if it is concurrent or maybe its trivial but my mechanical error received 7/14 shipped today, overnighted back to me, supposedly tomorrow delivery  :wishluck:

I called and caused them to recheck the recheck, but it's out the door and at the carrier!

On 7/28/2022 at 8:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol idk if it is concurrent or maybe its trivial but my mechanical error received 7/14 shipped today, overnighted back to me, supposedly tomorrow delivery  :wishluck:

I called and caused them to recheck the recheck, but it's out the door and at the carrier!

I had two orders of ME turned right around and overnighted door to door was like 7 days. Really a quick easy process. 

On 7/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, batmiesta said:

My 10 book economy FT 6/29/22 is still SFG, how much did you bung them? :shiftyeyes:

:devil: don't know if it made a difference, but they were packed together with the Express and Standard submissions received on 6/29.

On 7/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, batmiesta said:

My 10 book economy FT 6/29/22 is still SFG, how much did you bung them? :shiftyeyes:

or maybe the grader they were assigned to was quicker than yours... who knows?! Though I think they were alittle strict by like 1-2 grade points (estimated 5.0 is coming back a 4.5; estimated 6.0 coming back a 5.0). Cant win them all I guess.

Slow Modern

7/18 - Mailed to CGC 

7/20 - Delivered to CGC facility

7/25 - Received by CGC

7/25 - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Edited by qlow