• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

8/15: GEI

8/16: G/QC

8/17: Shipped

8/23: Delivered:banana:

On 8/24/2022 at 7:21 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Still on the fence on if I want to submit any more books. My membership is good for another year now so we'll see. 

"Don't be a slob, be a slabber!" :foryou:

I know what you mean.

On 8/24/2022 at 8:12 AM, Every Day A Story said:

Looks like Economy Submissions suffering for the much vaunted (and promoted) improvements on Moderns. 

:mad:

You can say that again lol I have 2 economy at CCs; wondering when I'll see those. 

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC

8/24: Shipped

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

8/15: GEI

8/16: G/QC

8/17: Shipped

8/23: Delivered:banana:

On 8/23/2022 at 3:52 AM, Ryan. said:

MCS has always been ultra liberal with regards to notating scuffs on slabs, in an effort to reduce potential returns. When I send in slabs for consignment I just assume the listing will mention scuffs, and I assume buyers have caught on to that as well, basically ignoring the listing notes and instead looking at the scans to make their buying decisions. 

I just got notice of 12 slabs sent to MCS (slabbed by CGC last month) ...No Notable issues with slabs..maybe it just depends on the person processing the order

On 8/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Iconic1s said:

Dang, sorry about those grades!!

Wondering what tier these were?  Modern?

Thanks

Yep.  100% Modern with 9.0 prescreen.  A couple from 2004, one from 2009, the rest 2010 or later (five from 2021+).  Some have minor defects, but some look quite new.  There was one comic that was split across two submissions (sent in 39 books): a 9.8, a 9.6, and then of course, a 9.0.

The moderns are continuing to move faster than the promised TATs, kudos to all of the hard work from the CGC staff that makes this possible!

25 modern pre-screens (9.8) marked as SFG on July 19 2022, moved to G/E/I today Aug 29 2022. 

I tried a new process where I double checked submissions one last time before shipping out and ended up filtering out books on my own. I am interested to see if this makes a difference in my hit rate.

On 8/29/2022 at 10:11 AM, Stefan_W said:

The moderns are continuing to move faster than the promised TATs, kudos to all of the hard work from the CGC staff that makes this possible!

25 modern pre-screens (9.8) marked as SFG on July 19 2022, moved to G/E/I today Aug 29 2022. 

I tried a new process where I double checked submissions one last time before shipping out and ended up filtering out books on my own. I am interested to see if this makes a difference in my hit rate.

My MFT has sat in GEI for past seven days