• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 8/29/2022 at 5:50 PM, Ed Hanes said:

My MFT has sat in GEI for past seven days

My modern slow did as well, but eventually moved soon after

Its worth noting I called soon after as well, with that mentioned, two books came back with rings. I saw a post stating call at a "risk", maybe now only circumstantial or coincidence, but worth noting? (shrug)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, Ed Hanes said:

My MFT has sat in GEI for past seven days

All good, I am not fussed about a few extra days since it is well ahead of the TATs anyway. No huge rush on my end to get the books.

The worst part for me about waiting in this stage is I get super curious to see how I did, and so I am continually checking the page to see if the grades are listed. My F5 key takes a big beating. 

On 8/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, JollyComics said:

So CGC is proud of the improved time turnaround for Modern Tier.

Nothing can improve Economy Tier at this time?

Apparently not.  My Economy submission has been in SFG since February. Going to be a few more months I'm afraid.

On 8/30/2022 at 11:39 AM, musicmeta said:
On 8/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, JollyComics said:

So CGC is proud of the improved time turnaround for Modern Tier.

Nothing can improve Economy Tier at this time?

Apparently not.  My Economy submission has been in SFG since February. Going to be a few more months I'm afraid.

lol I've been sfg since October last year and then again from March this'n.

I called as they confirmed they're working of Sept and Oct of "last year", I asked about March and they said as of now the same 11 months :pullhair:

They originally only offered the phrase, "I see your submission, THEY'RE STILL HERE!" :) 

to which I wanted to respond, are you sure? have you physically laid hands on them in the now 11 months? And should you make out a ticket since it is at the estimated TAT for shipped and they're still sfg? @CGC Mike probably nothing anyone can do? 

On 8/30/2022 at 11:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I've been sfg since October last year and then again from March this'n.

I called as they confirmed they're working of Sept and Oct of "last year", I asked about March and they said as of now the same 11 months :pullhair:

They originally only offered the phrase, "I see your submission, THEY'RE STILL HERE!" :) 

to which I wanted to respond, are you sure? have you physically laid hands on them in the now 11 months? And should you make out a ticket since it is at the estimated TAT for shipped and they're still sfg? @CGC Mike probably nothing anyone can do? 

:cry:  Seems like Economy is way back in the back!  I'll temper my expectations then and shoot for hopefully getting them back by end of the first quarter next year.  Just loving those LOOOOONG turnaround times! :frustrated:

On 8/30/2022 at 9:07 AM, Stefan_W said:

All good, I am not fussed about a few extra days since it is well ahead of the TATs anyway. No huge rush on my end to get the books.

The worst part for me about waiting in this stage is I get super curious to see how I did, and so I am continually checking the page to see if the grades are listed. My F5 key takes a big beating. 

Right?... the rush of seeing 'Shipped' ..just so you can see your grades

On 8/29/2022 at 10:11 AM, Stefan_W said:

The moderns are continuing to move faster than the promised TATs, kudos to all of the hard work from the CGC staff that makes this possible!

25 modern pre-screens (9.8) marked as SFG on July 19 2022, moved to G/E/I today Aug 29 2022. 

I tried a new process where I double checked submissions one last time before shipping out and ended up filtering out books on my own. I am interested to see if this makes a difference in my hit rate.

How do you like the 25 book pre screen process? I would love to hear peoples experiences with that type of submission.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:33 PM, mytastebud said:

How do you like the 25 book pre screen process? I would love to hear peoples experiences with that type of submission.

I like it a lot for modern books where you really need a certain grade to make it worthwhile. It is better to take a small hit in a rejection fee than being stuck with a slab that has little value and is impossible to sell. 

Pros: you save the cost of slabbing books that end up at too low a grade to make it worthwhile, and it is easier and less expensive than cracking and re-submitting books that don't land where you hope

Cons: all of the books in a submission have to be at the same pre-screen level, so you basically need to do it in multiples of 25 books

On 8/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, Stefan_W said:

Cons: all of the books in a submission have to be at the same pre-screen level, so you basically need to do it in multiples of 25 books

@Stefan_Wcorrection you have a minimum of 25 books for a Prescreen but there technically is no maximum. So you could submit 26 or 43 books as long as they are the same tier and same Prescreen grade. Or at least I think that’s right.

There is a 25-book minimum for Grade PreScreen and only ONE minimum grade allowed per submission.”

On 8/30/2022 at 10:33 AM, mytastebud said:

I like it so far..I've had a 9.8 and a 9.0 prescreen and fared pretty well..I have another 150 books in waiting at 9.8 ...so we will see how those do. The first two were Modern ST and only took about 6 weeks 

On 8/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

@Stefan_Wcorrection you have a minimum of 25 books for a Prescreen but there technically is no maximum. So you could submit 26 or 43 books as long as they are the same tier and same Prescreen grade. Or at least I think that’s right.

There is a 25-book minimum for Grade PreScreen and only ONE minimum grade allowed per submission.”

You can submit as many as you want (min 25) but CGC will break up into more than one submission (if you submit over 25) with 25 maximum for shipping reason.Before I knew this i submitted 26 books and CGC broke it into two submissions (25 and 1), even if there are some rejects..this only becomes an issue with the cost of return shipping

Edited by Ed Hanes

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC 

8/24: Shipped

8/30: Delivered :banana:

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

8/15: GEI

8/16: G/QC

8/17: Shipped

8/23: Delivered:banana:

August Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Delivered to CGC 08/08
'Received' by CGC 08/09
Scheduled for Grading      08/09 (0 business days later)
Credit Card Charged         08/11 (2 business days later / 2 days total)
Grading / Quality Control  08/24 (9 business days later / 11 days total)
Shipped                            08/29 (3 business days later / 14 days total)

Golf clap to CGC to beating expectations by 6 business days.

Now start working on magazines...

mmmkay-mr-mackey.gif