• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, mytastebud said:

I only have one book in: Batman 423 for a press and grade. I sent it in on Dec 1st. It showed received on Dec. 9th along with 4 other books (modern grade). I got the four others back waaaay before the TAT which was a pleasant surprise. The lone book no longer shows on my submission tracking. Why can't CGC update the system properly?(shrug)

According to the current CCS TAT CGC estimates the second week in February 2023 as the completion time frame for pressing. That means its only half way there. Given there confusing stance on constantly changing TAT, I have no idea whatsoever when I will get that book back graded. Can anyone answer why CGC wants to store and be responsible for a book all that time?:preach:

Anyone know the record for time spent at CGC? :preach:

Popped back up under my submissions. It's been marked absent for months:gossip:

Official status now is SCHEDULED FOR GRADING

:applause:

On 9/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, mytastebud said:

Popped back up under my submissions. It's been marked absent for months:gossip:

Official status now is SCHEDULED FOR GRADING

:applause:

Well snap! I'm grateful but there isn't an excuse for that either, tmk, hopefully cgc compensates you further.

I'm barking but got no bite, economy slow has royally dissed us, but to have a modern do the same? That's hard not to take personally as well.

Glad you're happy! Hope you get more! If you feel to seek it as well :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Last couple of orders have been pretty difficult to swallow given the amount of money and time invested.  

TMNT #1 - #4 box damaged and rejected at CGC
18 books submitted in January mislabeled AFTER CCS in August and sent back  because they added Prescreen and all but 3 rejected.  Prescreen is a mandatory 25 books. Using ME status to resend.

Walkthrough just now for a perfect TMNT #1 Sixth print.  It was not a candidate for CCS. States it shipped.  There is no grade listed ... d'oh!  I still have 200 books in process and regretting giving my debit card several months back as even though I updated the CC weekly thousands are being debited. Use a prepaid card or credit card for your modern orders!

9/23/22
MAGAZINE WALKTHROUGH
9/26/22

New Search

Cert #
 Go
CGC Cert #
Title
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Issue
Issue Date
8/92
Issue Year
Publisher
Mirage Studios
Variant
Sixth Printing
Grade

Art Comments
Kevin Eastman cover
Key Comments
Special Deluxe Edition.
Foreword by Harlan Ellison.
Grader Notes
Unavailable

There no grade?!

On 9/24/2022 at 8:02 AM, BDubs said:

Last couple of orders have been pretty difficult to swallow given the amount of money and time invested.  

TMNT #1 - #4 box damaged and rejected at CGC
18 books submitted in January mislabeled AFTER CCS in August and sent back  because they added Prescreen and all but 3 rejected.  Prescreen is a mandatory 25 books. Using ME status to resend.

Walkthrough just now for a perfect TMNT #1 Sixth print.  It was not a candidate for CCS. States it shipped.  There is no grade listed ... d'oh!  I still have 200 books in process and regretting giving my debit card several months back as even though I updated the CC weekly thousands are being debited. Use a prepaid card or credit card for your modern orders!

9/23/22
MAGAZINE WALKTHROUGH
9/26/22

New Search

Cert #
 Go
CGC Cert #
Title
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Issue
Issue Date
8/92
Issue Year
Publisher
Mirage Studios
Variant
Sixth Printing
Grade

Art Comments
Kevin Eastman cover
Key Comments
Special Deluxe Edition.
Foreword by Harlan Ellison.
Grader Notes
Unavailable

There no grade?!

The good news is if it’s got no graders notes then you know it’s anywhere between a 8.5-10!!

On 9/27/2022 at 10:43 AM, Gary Strange said:

My modern fast track arrived last wednesday and they haven't entered it in the system yet.  When should I start hounding them?

after the hurricane? :cheers: 

So I have had two 25 book 9.8 prescreen submission in which not a single book made it (but all my other 9.8 prescreens I have gotten between 14 and 20 accepted)...okay, i am thinking maybe I got a hard grader..but when I get the books back, a lot more significant spine bends than when I sent them (like the radial bends that happen with comics on turn styles), I even got a few back with significant indents in the middle of the cover(2-3mm depressions)..there would be no way I would have sent these in with the condition I got them back. I dont see how they get these spine bends unless they were treated in a bad way upon opening.. so CGC gets 200 dollars with minimal work..pretty good deal..and I get books back that were worse off than I sent them

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 9/27/2022 at 6:59 PM, Ed Hanes said:

So I have had two 25 book 9.8 prescreen submission in which not a single book made it (but all my other 9.8 prescreens I have gotten between 14 and 20 accepted)...okay, i am thinking maybe I got a hard grader..but when I get the books back, a lot more significant spine bends than when I sent them, I even got a few back with significant indents in the middle of the cover(2-3mm depressions)..there would be no way I would have sent these in with the condition I got them back. I dont see how they get these spine bends unless they were treated in a bad way upon opening.. so CGC gets 200 dollars with minimal work..pretty good deal..and I get books back that were worse off than I sent them

@CGC Mike doesn't bode well I'm afraid for our economy that have been away a year. At what point can we get some results to compare, if we don't have the money for fast track. :(

On 9/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Is something wrong with the site?? I have July submissions that  are not showing up on my dashboard. 

Maybe...the Hurricane has disrupted a lot including power outages. Perhaps check again on Monday?

On 9/29/2022 at 9:35 AM, skypinkblu said:
On 9/29/2022 at 9:15 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Is something wrong with the site?? I have July submissions that  are not showing up on my dashboard. 

Maybe...the Hurricane has disrupted a lot including power outages. Perhaps check again on Monday?

Cgc Mike made out a ticket for support last night, lot of things that weren't up to par, but we were on it last night in a couple of threads. I figured you'd see it, but here is at least one thread. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I have learned my lesson.  I have a bunch of books waiting for Economy grading.  I think they will end up being at CGC for a solid year.  Just mailed today a group of 4 books at the standard tier and 1 book on an express tier.  I sent them in two separate boxes and did the “ST” and “EX” markings.  I hope to get both back before the end of the year. :wishluck:

Next group of books I submit will be moderns since they go through much faster than economy.