• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,076 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, circuitryusa said:

Modern CCS Subs Moving Along!!

Received Date: 11/10/21 (1 sub of 50 split into 2 @ 25-books)

CCS In Process: 08/26/22

Scheduled for Grading: 9/22/22

GEI: 9/26/22

(in less than 1 day went from GEI to Shipped): 10/4/22  (but they left today on 10/3/22) :cool:

In all, CCS certainly bumped up some of my books above my grade estimates, but most of my Sandman books did not benefit at all, even got a few lower grades than I thought. And I got a dreaded restoration book PLOD from an Ebay buy last year (c-1 nonetheless, geeze) :-(

CCS Total Time: 316 calendar days

CGC Total Time: 11 calendar days (which includes 4 lost days to Ian)

Comparison to Today's Published TATs: 2 day differential!!

A whole bunch more of my CCS subs are getting queued up for grading soon, excited to see what else happens!

Modern Submission - 17 books

Delivered to CGC - 9/14 

Scheduled for Grading - 9/16

GEI - 9/26

Grading/Quality Control - 10/3

Shipped - 10/4

9.8 on all 17 books and lightning fast turn around even with a hurricane thrown in the mix!!  :banana:

Edited by cbalroman

On 9/7/2022 at 8:04 PM, KarlHungus21 said:

My slow track, no press Economy was shipped out last Sept 6th and received Oct. 14th. It's been in grading for 2.5 weeks now. You should be really close! 

@KarlHungus21

On 9/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, MAR1979 said:

I have Economy Submission's NO press I shipped out 1 year ago tomorrow (Sept 8, 2021) :(.  It was not checked in until Oct 19, 2021.  So it's now at 11 months for a NO press Economy.  Submitted another 2 NO Press Ecomomy last Oct but not checked in until Nov.

I do wonder which will come first; our Sun going Super Nova or my getting back the Economy NO press Sub's sitting at CGC since Sept-Oct 2021.

Mine, again received Oct 21st 2021, any news yet or changes or maybe the status updates?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/4/2022 at 4:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@KarlHungus21

Mine, again received Oct 21st 2021, any news yet or changes or maybe the status updates?

Grades for my Oct 19, 2021 marked received economy no press submission popped yesterday...50 weeks after posted as received and 56 weeks after they actually arrived at CGC facility. 

On 10/4/2022 at 4:12 PM, MAR1979 said:

Grades for my Oct 19, 2021 marked received economy no press submission popped yesterday...50 weeks after posted as received and 56 weeks after they actually arrived at CGC facility. 

Mine is sfg, same as all of the above, but received 3 days later than yours :cry:

On 9/27/2022 at 7:59 PM, Ed Hanes said:

So I have had two 25 book 9.8 prescreen submission in which not a single book made it (but all my other 9.8 prescreens I have gotten between 14 and 20 accepted)...okay, i am thinking maybe I got a hard grader..but when I get the books back, a lot more significant spine bends than when I sent them (like the radial bends that happen with comics on turn styles), I even got a few back with significant indents in the middle of the cover(2-3mm depressions)..there would be no way I would have sent these in with the condition I got them back. I dont see how they get these spine bends unless they were treated in a bad way upon opening.. so CGC gets 200 dollars with minimal work..pretty good deal..and I get books back that were worse off than I sent them

You'd think that if a 9.8 prescreen didn't have a single book pass that the grader (or someone) would think "Hmmm, something doesn't seem right".

Also, they (CGC) seem to be quite fond of telling us that all packages are opened under cameras. Put those videos to good use @Ed Hanesand have them look at your packages being opened.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:39 PM, Gaard said:

You'd think that if a 9.8 prescreen didn't have a single book pass that the grader (or someone) would think "Hmmm, something doesn't seem right".

Also, they (CGC) seem to be quite fond of telling us that all packages are opened under cameras. Put those videos to good use @Ed Hanesand have them look at your packages being opened.

not particularly...when you are dealing with hundreds or thousands of books a day...the people processing them are not robots..they are humans and humans do irrational things, especially when under pressure

yeah, video..I appreciate the sarcasm

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 9/27/2022 at 7:59 PM, Ed Hanes said:

So I have had two 25 book 9.8 prescreen submission in which not a single book made it (but all my other 9.8 prescreens I have gotten between 14 and 20 accepted)...okay, i am thinking maybe I got a hard grader..but when I get the books back, a lot more significant spine bends than when I sent them (like the radial bends that happen with comics on turn styles), I even got a few back with significant indents in the middle of the cover(2-3mm depressions)..there would be no way I would have sent these in with the condition I got them back. I dont see how they get these spine bends unless they were treated in a bad way upon opening.. so CGC gets 200 dollars with minimal work..pretty good deal..and I get books back that were worse off than I sent them

OOF.  
All rejected and returned with increased damage.  Wonderful.  
"Nice" to know it's not just the encapsulated books getting banged around (I'm looking at you, mysteriously appearing "finger bends.")

On 10/4/2022 at 5:06 PM, djzombi said:

OOF.  
All rejected and returned with increased damage.  Wonderful.  
"Nice" to know it's not just the encapsulated books getting banged around (I'm looking at you, mysteriously appearing "finger bends.")

I had one case damaged returned to me, it had cracked all along the bottom, with large pieces of plastic  and a long vertical crack and just missed damaging the inner well..I don't see how it was damaged in shipment..it had a cardboard spacer and was on the end. Looked like someone took a hammer to it at a corner, or it fell on a corner with radial cracking ..no damage to cardboard box as far as I could tell...but CGC took care of it, so no big deal

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/4/2022 at 4:19 PM, Stefan_W said:

25 book modern pre-screen:

SFG - Sept 20

G/E/I - Oct  4

Super fast once again :)

Just hit QC today, Oct 5th. Lightning fast!

I noticed one difference the past couple of pre-screens. They are now listing rejects right away as soon as they hit QC so you know how you did. I like this change. I ended up with 22/25 hitting this time around which makes me happy.

Two more CCS Modern Subs from 12/21 cranked through the CGC finish line this week:

Both Subs of 25 books Received at CCS: 12/9/21

Sub#1/#2: CCS in Process: 8/26/22

Sub #1 SFG: 9/26/22, GEI 10/3/22, QC 10/4/22, Shipped 10/5/22

Sub #2 SFG: 10/3/22, GEI 10/4/22, QC 10/5/22, Shipped 10/6/22

Incredible CGC turn times for grading and CCS seems to be accelerating my submissions... this one was a month after my previous November subs, yet got though CCS only a few days after.

Results: All (mostly) positive. Of 50 books, about 45 of them bumped my expected grade from CCS, some as far as 3 levels (from 9.0->9.6, or 7.5->9.0, etc), 2 matched, 3 went down (all foil covers... lesson learned, do not submit foil/embossed covers anymore to CCS!!! They all went down over 3 levels from my expectations). They must have gotten too close to the edge of the embossing (is that a word??)

Now, if these 100 books from this week are all labeled correctly and in the right cases, I'd be really happy!! haha, let's see... :wishluck:

On 10/5/2022 at 8:40 PM, circuitryusa said:

Two more CCS Modern Subs from 12/21 cranked through the CGC finish line this week:

Both Subs of 25 books Received at CCS: 12/9/21

Sub#1/#2: CCS in Process: 8/26/22

Sub #1 SFG: 9/26/22, GEI 10/3/22, QC 10/4/22, Shipped 10/5/22

Sub #2 SFG: 10/3/22, GEI 10/4/22, QC 10/5/22, Shipped 10/6/22

Incredible CGC turn times for grading and CCS seems to be accelerating my submissions... this one was a month after my previous November subs, yet got though CCS only a few days after.

Results: All (mostly) positive. Of 50 books, about 45 of them bumped my expected grade from CCS, some as far as 3 levels (from 9.0->9.6, or 7.5->9.0, etc), 2 matched, 3 went down (all foil covers... lesson learned, do not submit foil/embossed covers anymore to CCS!!! They all went down over 3 levels from my expectations). They must have gotten too close to the edge of the embossing (is that a word??)

Now, if these 100 books from this week are all labeled correctly and in the right cases, I'd be really happy!! haha, let's see... :wishluck:

Hmm, I keep seeing people moving to shipped within a day or so after QC, which has been my experience. My latest pre-screen has been sitting in QC for a couple of days and my card has not been charged yet. The QC part is whatever, but I have never had a wait longer than a couple of hours between grading and my card being charged for pre-screens. I wonder if some part of the process changed slightly. 

I was wondering the same thing. I have an order, 2 SA books, that's been in QC for 3 days now. Wasn't sure if that's normal or not since this is my first submission. Then I thought maybe an error, like an incorrect label, was discovered 

On 10/7/2022 at 7:01 AM, Stefan_W said:

Hmm, I keep seeing people moving to shipped within a day or so after QC, which has been my experience. My latest pre-screen has been sitting in QC for a couple of days and my card has not been charged yet. The QC part is whatever, but I have never had a wait longer than a couple of hours between grading and my card being charged for pre-screens. I wonder if some part of the process changed slightly. 

It is NYCC, so expect delays across the board, right?

image.png.9b3ccaf0b95669bb6e534230f7933fd0.png

I'm not expecting any sub movements until next week and so far since yesterday none of my other 9 subs had any movement...