• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

Modern Slow Track (25 Books) 
Delivered 10/03/22
Received 10/11/22
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 10/13/22
Grading Quality Control 10/18/22
Shipped 10/19/22

Grading seemed pretty accurate where I was off on four of my estimates, two high and two low.  I also shipped this the weekend before Hurricane Ian like a dingwhistle and it sat with USPS for a bit.  I actually owe USPS a lot for keeping this box safe as I think it sat in Tampa for about a week.  CGC took a while to open the box too, but I am sure they had a week's worth of packages dumped on them when the reopened.  Kind of crazy the path and turnaround time considering everything.  

On 10/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, batman_fan said:

:whatthe:  My submission from January have moved in the system.  Maybe I am getting close to getting them back 

CE599AEE-EA59-4DC2-B706-50200E7EB60A.jpeg

My Economy submission was received on the same day, so please keep me up to date on your progress. I figured I'm not going to start worrying until January. 

Modern CCS Subs have been picking up some steam lately!!! my TATs are shrinking nicely. Looks like they caught up on nearly two months worth of work in just over 2-3 weeks. Incredible.

Only a couple slab issues so far which required ME (two, both of the same book nonetheless, had severe NR's and also scuffs/scratches on them, so easy ME scenario)

image.thumb.png.ff0545aae5e59e40bfa4e9d9024b9e58.png

(my table reflects running TATs or final TATs if a shipped date is present, calendar days, not CGC business days)

I'll keep posting as this gets filled in.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 10/12/2022 at 12:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My Econ Slow

Received 10/21/21

went to gei today :)

QC today 10/19/22

And shipped. Oct 20th Some were lower than expected, one higher, the one higher was the main one I'd want higher, so I'm happy 😁!!

2keepers out of 5, but really the other 3 were to be trade fodder anyway.

So I go away, presumably, until next March when the next economy slow I have is estimated.

They seem to be very backed up on Walkthrough:

The package was:
Sent: 10/3
Delivered: 10/5/22 (thumbsu
Marked as Received: 10/13/22  ???
Currently still at Grading and Quality Control 10/20/22  :tonofbricks:

So for those sending "walkthrough" expect between a 3-4 week turn around from the date you send off your package.

On 10/20/2022 at 12:23 PM, Rip said:

The package was:

So for those sending "walkthrough" expect between a 3-4 week turn around from the date you send off your package.

I had a Walkthru go from CCS to SFG in four business days. Guess I’ll hit a similar slowdown at CGC :(

On 10/20/2022 at 11:23 AM, Rip said:

The package was:

Another of the painful parts of the process, having you items sitting in receiving for a big block of time.  It does give CGC flexibility in when the start the clock so they can say they are meeting or beating TATs.  Just have your stuff sit in receiving for weeks to months.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:23 PM, jason4 said:

None of the stuff I sent at NYCC has been able to be tracked under status yet except for my trading cards. 1 standard and 1 express. Is that nornal?

Still nothing. Should I call?