• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2022 at 2:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't think they really claim that? Or they shouldn't because the last made announcement that has been regulation forever is that it starts when delivered @CGC Mike

To clarify, they've always claimed that turnaround times start at received. I'm not disbuting that. However, I'm saying turnaround times are showing are now around 20 days, but receiving times, which were caught up for quite a while, are now at 2-3 weeks.

So instead of marking received day of with 35 day posted turnarounds, CGC can just opt to not mark received for 2-3 weeks and still claim 20 days on their website. So it looks better on paper for them and for people wanting to send stuff in.

Edited by Tnexus

On 11/13/2022 at 7:12 PM, Tnexus said:

To clarify, they've always claimed that turnaround times start at received. I'm not disbuting that. However, I'm saying turnaround times are showing are now around 20 days, but receiving times, which were caught up for quite a while, are now at 2-3 weeks.

So instead of marking received day of with 35 day posted turnarounds, CGC can just opt to not mark received for 2-3 weeks and still claim 20 days on their website. So it looks better on paper for them and for people wanting to send stuff in.

There’s no point in CGC posting estimated turnaround times all all. Especially when my last email from them was basically “it’ll get done when it gets done”

On 11/6/2022 at 10:57 PM, Superfro33 said:

Literally ANYBODY actually trying to find my books would be nice. Customer service just keeps telling me nobody from the floor is responding. For like 2 months. It's super great. :frustrated:

This won't make you feel better, but I posted in the QC thread....CGC has had my Incredible Hulk 340 in G/E/I since april after I sent it in August of last year.  Not only have I had next to zero communication on it unless I make it a point to reach out, but it appears theyre going to just chalk it up to being lost and send to claims.  I specifically sought out this book when I was 16 (I am now 42) because I was a huge McFarlane fan (as everyone was during that period) and was thrilled to add it at the time.  Now theyre going to probably offer me a couple hundred dollars if I'm lucky when I dont want the money, I simply want my book.  It's pretty infuriating.

Edited by Miguelb

On 11/13/2022 at 8:12 PM, Tnexus said:

To clarify, they've always claimed that turnaround times start at received.

Always? Different person, different answer. Hence the confusion. Honestly, “it’ll get done when it gets done” seems to be the only real answer of consequence.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:30 AM, Ninja0215 said:

They got a 3 book modern submission through faster than I expected so im intrigues to see when my one book modern will go to press. 

@Kerdese @Ninja0215

The McFarlane checked in! ^^

:cheers: 

I have a MFT submission (#4150903) which has been sitting in G/E/I since the middle of last week.  I just spoke to customer service this morning to find out what the snag is.  To my surprise, customer service told me it was actually in G/QC and will probably ship anytime now.  I asked why the status change wasn't reflected in my Submission Tracking. Got kind of a non-answer but was told if it hasn't shipped by this Thursday, to call back.  :facepalm:

11-15-22 Screen Shot.jpg

On 11/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, batman_fan said:

My standard submission to move today if they are holding to their current turnaround times

I have a mixture of Modern and 1 Standard books submission that was received last week. Usually my books are opened and in the system within a day or two max of receipt, but Mike was saying they are very behind on opening boxes. Kind of crazy though if we pay for WK, EX, or ST and having our books still just sitting there.

Edited by captainzombie

On 11/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, Miguelb said:

This won't make you feel better, but I posted in the QC thread....CGC has had my Incredible Hulk 340 in G/E/I since april after I sent it in August of last year.  Not only have I had next to zero communication on it unless I make it a point to reach out, but it appears theyre going to just chalk it up to being lost and send to claims.  I specifically sought out this book when I was 16 (I am now 42) because I was a huge McFarlane fan (as everyone was during that period) and was thrilled to add it at the time.  Now theyre going to probably offer me a couple hundred dollars if I'm lucky when I dont want the money, I simply want my book.  It's pretty infuriating.

Well, this morning the claims department offered me a whopping 75 bucks in CGC credit for Incredible Hulk 370 (couldn't even bother to get the correct book which was the McFarlane 340), which is just downright insulting.  What an absolute joke CGC is.