• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2022 at 2:21 PM, Every Day A Story said:

I've got a new one for you all.

I'm wondering why my Standard submission is logged and now Scheduled for Grading, yet my Walkthrough submission is not yet logged.

Both were in the same package which had WK and ST labels on it and arrived earlier this week

Called CGC Customer and they were less than helpful; said I had to wait until next week until they chased up as both process queues are apparently different.

Anyone else ever had this happen? Feels weird that Walkthrough is slower than Standard (and a little worried it still isn't logged in the system), isn't the point that Walkthrough should be quicker and opened first?

I submitted a ME order/submission this summer, well marked as such.  It was delivered, scanned into CGC, but not received for several days.  I sent an inquiry into CGC after a week.  The issue was the submission form; I had slipped the submission form inside the plastic bag containing the 1st book of the submission.  They couldn't find the form in the box/bag, but eventually created it based on the package tracking number.

I would push CGC on this, as it doesn't make sense that they would process your Standard submission, and not the Walkthrough if they were in the same package.

Edited by Still Only 20¢
Added push.

Modern Signature Series Submission from NYCC - Slow Track

• Shipped by facilitator so no idea when the package was delivered
  • 11/15 - Received
  • 11/15 - Credit card charged
  • 11/17 - SFG
  • 11/17 - GEI
  • 11/18 - Grading/QC
  • 11/21 - Shipped (working on the weekend I guess :cloud9:)
  • 5 business days

Very happy with the grades. Hopefully no errors on the label and minimal Newton rings :wishluck:

I called CGC for something unrelated a few days ago and inquired on this because it's so close to the 20 day TAT. I'm just really confused at this point as to what happened.

image.thumb.png.fb22da7b5384cafc18d3272da81eebec.png

Just going to add: I think in general CGC does a good job with holding to the TATs, but what happens when they don't? Because the TATs are just estimates and they can completely miss them (they even say that on the submission site). 

Edited by andamovie
Adding additional content

Thanksgiving Holiday Hours

Posted on 11/21/2022

CCG's US headquarters will be closed for the holiday.

In observance of Thanksgiving, the Certified Collectibles Group companies will close at 3:30pm EST on Wednesday, November 23 and will remain closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2022.

Normal business hours will resume Monday, November 28, 2022.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ninja0215 said:

1 book modern i just sent in slow track received 11/9 is already going to ccs!!! CGC throwing out heat :takeit: 

Called CGC today and they said my CCS pressing was finalized back in Nov 2, but it hasn't moved since then. Still says CCS in process in my account.  Anyone have this happen before?

Edited by Gary Strange

On 11/21/2022 at 3:54 PM, Gary Strange said:

Called CGC today and they said my CCS pressing was finalized back in Nov 2, but it hasn't moved since then. Still says CCS in process in my account.  Anyone have this happen before?

Now that I think about it;wouldn't be surprised if this was the case on my economy books 🤔

On 11/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, qlow said:

one of my packages for mcfarlane was delivered to CGC on the 7th.

i know they're gonna honor it, but i'm still kind of nervous it's not on my dashboard yet.

entering the tracking on CGC does show they have it in their possession. i'm assuming they're just extremely backlogged at opening last minute packages.

hopefully soon! 🤞

My TMc received 10/31 still aren't in the system yet.