• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2022 at 10:48 AM, andamovie said:

I called CGC for something unrelated a few days ago and inquired on this because it's so close to the 20 day TAT. I'm just really confused at this point as to what happened.

image.thumb.png.fb22da7b5384cafc18d3272da81eebec.png

Just going to add: I think in general CGC does a good job with holding to the TATs, but what happens when they don't? Because the TATs are just estimates and they can completely miss them (they even say that on the submission site). 

Following up with this and it’s still stuck in received. This one officially missed the turn around time.

McFarlane Signing + CCS

10/30 - Mailed to CGC 

11/2 - Delivered to CGC facility

11/9 - Received by CCS

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

--

11/5 - Mailed to CGC 

11/7 - Delivered to CGC facility

11/23 - Received by CCS

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Marking 11 months on my last Economy submission.  UGH.  Moderns have been getting graded and shipped within a month, but Economy is still at a year (or more)?  The majority of the books I'm interested in sending to be graded fall into the Economy category, but I'm not sending anything with these TATs, and haven't since this last batch.  Maybe when TATs fall below 100 business days I'll consider it.  Which will be in, what, five years?  MAYBE?  
I'll be sending a few Moderns to take advantage of the credit I got with my membership renewal in August, but after that I'll probably be cancelling auto-renew.  
BTW, this is WITHOUT pressing.  

Received: 12/29/21
Items: 13
Declared Value: 4,760
Service: ECONOMY

On 11/29/2022 at 8:27 AM, djzombi said:
Marking 11 months on my last Economy submission.  UGH.  Moderns have been getting graded and shipped within a month, but Economy is still at a year (or more)?  The majority of the books I'm interested in sending to be graded fall into the Economy category, but I'm not sending anything with these TATs, and haven't since this last batch.  Maybe when TATs fall below 100 business days I'll consider it.  Which will be in, what, five years?  MAYBE?  
I'll be sending a few Moderns to take advantage of the credit I got with my membership renewal in August, but after that I'll probably be cancelling auto-renew.  
BTW, this is WITHOUT pressing.  

Received: 12/29/21
Items: 13
Declared Value: 4,760
Service: ECONOMY

...aaaaand just like that, it went into G/E/I today.  
I should publicly complain more.  

On 11/23/2022 at 10:46 AM, ANDSOLDIT said:

3 Books STANDARD 

10/21: Delivered

10/31: SFG

11/5: G/E/I

We called about the invoice yesterday and the rep stated that books had been graded 2 weeks ago and they were in line for encapsulation. 

Was hoping for these books back before Thanksgiving. Hoping before Christmas now. 

On 11/30/2022 at 1:05 PM, ANDSOLDIT said:

Was hoping for these books back before Thanksgiving. Hoping before Christmas now. 

So it took CGC 10 days from (excluding weekends) to get your books unpacked after it was delivered?

On 11/29/2022 at 5:18 PM, Baka_Oni said:

A few of my Campbells are starting to get shipped back from the private signing, earliest being:

Received by CCS 9/7/22
Shipped 11/29/22

Well ahead of the 6-8 week turnaround, since he only signed last month. Bizarre, but I noticed some of my submissions that were close to deadline are getting processed sooner than the ones I submitted first. Wonder what the rhyme/reason is, or maybe it's pressing.

Edited by Baka_Oni