• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, mytastebud said:

Out of morbid curiosity, where do you store so many graded books? I've seen you post in TAT before. :cheers: 

I ship them out to ComicLink to sell.

I only have around 10 CGC boxes full of personal books

On 12/19/2022 at 1:23 PM, greggy said:

I ship them out to ComicLink to sell.

I only have around 10 CGC boxes full of personal books

Is this how you make a living now?  ....Great way to save money if you have a regular job.  You'll be able to retire very early at the rate you're going..(If you haven't already retired from selling all these books)

On 11/13/2022 at 10:31 AM, zzutak said:

The latest word from on high.  There's really no good reason to begin the TAT count at the day an order is entered into CGC's system rather than on the day the parcel is delivered to CGC's warehouse.  Receiving (Grading Process Step 1/7) and Shipping (Grading Process Step 7/7) are bookends to the entire process (the total time a submission is in the custody of CGC).  Symmetry demands that both steps be included in the TAT count:preach:

TAT-Def-2.thumb.png.79c5a971b132b2ca6657516e7cc27e20.png

Only the weak resort to illogical and indefensible definitions to make themselves look better.  My advice to CGC?  You're supposed to be the King of the Jungle, so mannup and stop playing silly word games!  :makepoint:

"Despite being in business for 20 years and knowing months in advance of upcoming con dates and private signing dates, we are unable to build a forecast to more accurately estimate TAT's.  Meanwhile our parent company performs quarterly forecasting for investors that are intended to closely align with Wall Street expectations, but WE have no idea how many books you'll be submitting.  Please enjoy our QC issues while you wait pray for your books.  Thanks."

:tonofbricks:

On 12/21/2022 at 3:33 AM, Baka_Oni said:
On 12/21/2022 at 2:51 AM, qlow said:

anyone have any mcfarlane sigs leave CCS yet?

I'm guessing if it's not left CCS, we're in the pool for the next signing.

Yes mine was in the first batch, has left ccs and is now sfg at cgc. It probably won't get graded too quickly, possibly after the new year, so idk, mine WAS evidently part of the first batch. McFarlane comes back quick enough for the second batch though. :)

On 12/21/2022 at 1:57 PM, DoctorWyoming1 said:

Prayer answered:

Amazing Spider-Man 300 5/88 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.6 WHITE
SIGNED BY TODD MCFARLANE ON 12/8/22

whew!!! SO you said there was pressing involved? when did it get done with pressing and turn to SFG at CGC?

Mine went to SFG and received at CGC 12/15, so it's been a minute for me :cheers: 

On 12/21/2022 at 2:11 PM, DoctorWyoming1 said:

I sent it in back in early October. I had CCS press it. So they pressed a 9.6 into a …. 9.6.

I am content but not overjoyed. It could have gone much worse!

My book went over from CCS to CGC on the 14th, so you may be up next!

Did it have visible “pressable” defects and/or Grader Notes which sounded like “pressable” defects?