• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 10:53 AM, captainzombie said:

How many books did you have in this submission?

When I spoke with CS yesterday, they told me they are about 2-2.5 weeks behind on opening up packages. It seems like they might be starting to get backed up again on opening up boxes.

Mine was delivered on 3/28, but its still sitting there not even entered into the system yet.

I don't think they are that behind on opening packages. I saw someone post in a CGC Facebook group that they had two Modern slow track shipments received on 3/28 and one was shipped back out on 3/31 and the other on 4/3...already received one of the shipments. Not sure how he got his through so quickly, especially when they weren't fast tracked. He also posted a screenshot of his submission so I think the dates are valid. Anyway, I have a 25 Modern pre-screen that arrived on 3/29 so I'm hoping for a speedy turnaround.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:53 AM, captainzombie said:

How many books did you have in this submission?

When I spoke with CS yesterday, they told me they are about 2-2.5 weeks behind on opening up packages. It seems like they might be starting to get backed up again on opening up boxes.

Mine was delivered on 3/28, but its still sitting there not even entered into the system yet.

Only 2 books 

On 4/5/2023 at 11:27 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

I don't think they are that behind on opening packages. I saw someone post in a CGC Facebook group that they had two Modern slow track shipments received on 3/28 and one was shipped back out on 3/31 and the other on 4/3...already received one of the shipments. Not sure how he got his through so quickly, especially when they weren't fast tracked. He also posted a screenshot of his submission so I think the dates are valid. Anyway, I have a 25 Modern pre-screen that arrived on 3/29 so I'm hoping for a speedy turnaround.

I don't think they are that behind either. It is just strange for as fast as all of our submissions have been turning around the last 2-3 months that now its the complete opposite.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, captainzombie said:

I don't think they are that behind either. It is just strange for as fast as all of our submissions have been turning around the last 2-3 months that now its the complete opposite.

Per my contact with customer service this morning, I have two MFT submissions (4 comics each) which are in shipping.  They have been sitting there for several days.  When pressed about an ETA on when they'll ship I was told Shipping's primary focus right now is shipping out the backlog of Magazine submissions.  But "rest assured" they should ship anytime now.

On 4/5/2023 at 1:20 PM, workingdog said:

Per my contact with customer service this morning, I have two MFT submissions (4 comics each) which are in shipping.  They have been sitting there for several days.  When pressed about an ETA on when they'll ship I was told Shipping's primary focus right now is shipping out the backlog of Magazine submissions.  But "rest assured" they should ship anytime now.

Have to wonder what is going on over there and I have this sneaking suspicion that any books from the cons and signings at the cons are taking priority over the books we sent in before some of these cons started.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, jokiing said:
3/8/23 RCVD (2) STANDARD
4/5/23 SHIPPED
Three days short of taking twice as long as advertised

Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come.

Excited to see some movement on this 2/8 order!  Had that 7 book order spend days at CCS...this 5 book is a few weeks in now, but it's moving!

15 book order delivered to CGC on 3/31 still not showing up...looks like the recent convention traffic of books has made its way to Florida.

cgc 4_6.jpg

Edited by IceHole

On 4/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I was thinking about megecon being this weekend.  From the instagram page; looks they were busy. 

Between WonderCon which was around the 3/24-3/26 and then add MegaCon + C2E2 last weekend, I think we will be screwed on TAT. LOL!

On 4/4/2023 at 4:07 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Modern Slow:

Delivered: 3/27
Received: 4/3
SFG: 4/3
GEI: 4/4

Modern Slow:

Delivered: 3/27
Received: 4/3
SFG: 4/3
GEI: 4/4
Grading/QC: 4/6

On 4/6/2023 at 12:33 PM, captainzombie said:

Between WonderCon which was around the 3/24-3/26 and then add MegaCon + C2E2 last weekend, I think we will be screwed on TAT. LOL!

I went through 2 different facilitators at mega con. The ones that were through unknown comics were marked received yesterday and I was charged today. 4 books at cgc one at ccs. 

On 4/6/2023 at 12:33 PM, captainzombie said:

Especially for any In-House signings lol I'd Imagine that any con sigs would get top billing. 

On 4/6/2023 at 1:04 PM, Amandasue1213 said:

I went through 2 different facilitators at mega con. The ones that were through unknown comics were marked received yesterday and I was charged today. 4 books at cgc one at ccs. 

This is the kind of thing many of us are referring to, where we can have packages there sitting for a week or two. They haven't been entered into the system yet as SFG, but anything from a Con gets top priority.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall over there to see all their workflow in action. There appears to be no rhyme or reason how things are prioritized.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Especially for any In-House signings lol I'd Imagine that any con sigs would get top billing. 

That is true Ninja! LOL!

On 4/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, IceHole said:

Saw that my 15 book sub delivered 3/31 was entered into the system yesterday and went to SFG.  Maybe the cons haven't slowed them down!

cgc 4_7.jpg

You've given me hope...my 3/31 delivery hasn't been entered yet. Hopefully today.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, IceHole said:

Saw that my 15 book sub delivered 3/31 was entered into the system yesterday and went to SFG.  Maybe the cons haven't slowed them down!

cgc 4_7.jpg

On 4/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

You've given me hope...my 3/31 delivery hasn't been entered yet. Hopefully today.

Mine was delivered on 3/28 to their facility and has not been entered into the system yet.

Edited by captainzombie