• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, Aarrow108 said:

1x Book Standard Submission
Delivered (aka picked up from post office) 2/21/23
Showing as Delivered in CGC's "Confirm Package Delivery" tool 2/24/23
Received/SFG 2/27/23

2x Book Express Submission
Received/SFG 2/27/23

1x Book Walkthrough Submission
Received/SFG 2/27/23
GEI 3/1/23
Grading/QC 3/2/23
Shipped 3/3/23 :news:

My CG 2.5 Fantastic Four 5 bumped up to a 3.5 after a clean and a press :bigsmile:

I have a Walkthrough Submission that is almost exactly the same as your timeline however it has been GEI since 3/2/23 with no update...

On 3/7/2023 at 10:40 AM, FrankTheTank92 said:

I have a Walkthrough Submission that is almost exactly the same as your timeline however it has been GEI since 3/2/23 with no update...

Just goes to show there is no rhyme or reason to any of this, despite our best efforts to track things here. Fingers crossed for you :cheers:

If it makes you feel any better, although it was shipped on 3/3/23 and I was informed it would be delivered early today (3/7/23), it shows no movement after arriving in Ocala, FL.

Thanks, Fedex.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:58 AM, glockwookie said:

One book standard.

Dropped off at FedEx 17 Feb.

Delivered 20 Feb.

Received/scheduled for grading 22 Feb.

G/E/I 27 Feb.

G/QC 03 Mar.

Shipped 06 Mar. (this part doesn’t make any sense. It was delivered yesterday)

Delivered 06 Mar. 

Yet another head scratcher... thanks for this update though, have a standard submission entered as received about a week after yours.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Just goes to show there is no rhyme or reason to any of this, despite our best efforts to track things here. Fingers crossed for you :cheers:

If it makes you feel any better, although it was shipped on 3/3/23 and I was informed it would be delivered early today (3/7/23), it shows no movement after arriving in Ocala, FL.

Thanks, Fedex.

Fedex can be the wildest of wild cards in this process.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:47 AM, Aarrow108 said:

Thanks, Fedex.

Thanks! I'm hoping it's because they want to adjust the value and charge me more because of the grade. lol

On 3/7/2023 at 4:52 PM, batmiesta said:

Anyone had any magazines slabbed in new holders yet? images.jpeg.77f13aab6c7c030792752f9e54f4d3e3.jpeg

I've been meaning too, and here I am cramming for the budget final lol

I've heard on social that they're up and running, although if you blinked I'm sure it was missed, idk.

I have yet to see an example or improvements though, which would help @CGC Mike ? If there was time or post and we missed it?

• Administrator
On 3/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've been meaning too, and here I am cramming for the budget final lol

I've heard on social that they're up and running, although if you blinked I'm sure it was missed, idk.

I have yet to see an example or improvements though, which would help @CGC Mike ? If there was time or post and we missed it?

We started encapsulating magazines on Friday.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

We started encapsulating magazines on Friday.

Amen thanks. I'm curious what the slab looks like, or if an image is available to compare to the ones I have? It's OK if none available, just curious, as it would inspire me to move faster on a submission...

Then again I'm sure it'll show up posted soon enough I guess if some are being encapsulated to ship, I'll just keep an eye out in the mag forum. Thank you

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 3/7/2023 at 8:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen thanks. I'm curious what the slab looks like, or if an image is available to compare to the ones I have? It's OK if none available, just curious, as it would inspire me to move faster on a submission...

Then again I'm sure it'll show up posted soon enough I guess if some are being encapsulated to ship, I'll just keep an eye out in the mag forum. Thank you

image.png

On 3/8/2023 at 1:46 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's CGC that need inspiring, no way will I be sending in anymore magazines until TAT's get sorted out. 

On 3/7/2023 at 1:02 PM, Stefan_W said:

Fedex can be the wildest of wild cards in this process.

On that note: did anyone else have something shipped out, but get stuck in Ocala, FL? Or not have any updates on transit up until deliver? (like maybe package wasn't scanned throughout the trip prior to delivery)
fedex.thumb.PNG.4b596bbb36f783003d258a3aef271188.PNG

Trying to tell myself I'm just being paranoid since this is my first Walkthrough submission, but JEEZE does this suck :makepoint:

On 3/8/2023 at 1:49 PM, toro said:

OMG, after months my McFarlane signed book moved from received at CCS to Scheduled for Grading.  Maybe someday soon I can join everyone else on Facebook to complain why my book isn't a 9.8

What was the received at CCS date? Still waiting for mine to move.