• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Looks like TAT for Standard Magazine subs are down to 25 business days. Anyone have books in this tier at CGC? My books were received/SFG on 12/07/22 and I am approaching close to 90 business days. The status changed to GEI a few weeks ago, but no movement since.

I have a Standard Magazine Submission that was received on 11/10/22 for pressing and grading. Pressing went very fast and it has been sitting at G/E/I since 12/1/22. Seeing the TAT change to 25 days was just another insult to injury considering the TAT was 42 days when I submitted. LOL

On 4/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Here's a first for me. Had a WK sub go from G/E/I to QC today...then back to G/E/I, where it ended the day. 

I wonder when that happens if QC is actually catching issues before shipping and sending books back to be re-slabbed.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:31 PM, jjfversion1 said:

I wonder when that happens if QC is actually catching issues before shipping and sending books back to be re-slabbed.

I have also had this happen once before. I chalked it up to them catching an issue or two so it had to go back to be reviewed and re-slabbed.

Tomb of Dracula Issue #1  -  Economy with pressing

02/08/23 - Shipped to CCS

02/15/23 - Received at CCS

03/23/23 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

04/07/23 - Grading/Quality Control

04/07/23 - Shipped

04/13/23 - Delivered to Me

Total turn around time  -  49 days

Only issue that i had was that i never got charged anything. I called up and they sorted it out. Curse my sense of fairness lol

On 4/13/2023 at 1:35 PM, Hes Dead Jim said:

Only issue that i had was that i never got charged anything. I called up and they sorted it out. Curse my sense of fairness lol

I had this happen once and they ended up charging me 6 months later when they eventually caught their mistake. I would have preferred to pay for it right away. 

On 4/12/2023 at 1:03 PM, TegrityComics said:

I have a Standard Magazine Submission that was received on 11/10/22 for pressing and grading. Pressing went very fast and it has been sitting at G/E/I since 12/1/22. Seeing the TAT change to 25 days was just another insult to injury considering the TAT was 42 days when I submitted. LOL

I have that beat

image.thumb.png.7b4f6c53f41a2da6e36121c20323e9ed.png

On 4/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, TegrityComics said:

That is a very long time. What was the TAT on modern subs when you submitted. I doubt it was 300 days lol. CGC  definitely screwed us all. Yeah for them...

Too long ago to remember.  But I know it wasn't even in the 200+ business days.

My books (mix of Standard and Fast Track Economy),

Delivered 4/2

Received 4/11

Now just SFG and waiting.

And a question for you all: I requested scans of the slabbed books for the first time with this submission. Do you get them back in an email, or how does that work?

On 4/14/2023 at 1:59 PM, Point Five said:

Delivered 4/2

Received 4/11

And a question for you all: I requested scans of the slabbed books for the first time with this submission. Do you get them back in an email, or how does that work?

If I correctly remember the time I did the imaging, yes they are delivered to your email. 

On 4/14/2023 at 12:59 PM, Point Five said:

Delivered 4/2

Received 4/11

Yes, you will get them in an email. This does add time to the overall process. I've had it done twice before, getting the email after I've received the books back. The first time was about a week after the books made it home, the second time it was about a month (!). The email actually came from a person at ngccoin.com, based on their email domain.