• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

CGC seems a bit all over the place right now. I think a lot of orders are piling up (prob due to the recent cons and people rushing to get in orders before the price hike), which is causing them to take a while to go from checked in to 'received'. I also had a walkthrough and a modern slow just get charged at the same time (usually when it hits GEI), which seems a little odd considering the difference in turnaround time. And one of my recent orders had a book bumped from 'Modern' to the now-defunct 'Express' tier for who-knows-why:ohnoez:. All that said, turn-around times still seem very good overall, so I can't complain too much if both Walkthroughs and Moderns are taking less than 10 business days, considering the glut of books they are likely receiving right now.

Also, I did email them about my order taking a long time to move to 'received', and it magically appeared there the next day. So maybe worth a shot to reach out if your orders have been sitting in boxes for a while...

On 5/2/2023 at 5:10 PM, Iceman399 said:

Your item arrived at the SARASOTA, FL 34230 post office at 6:22 pm on May 1, 2023 and is ready for pickup. Your item may be picked up at SARASOTA, 1661 RINGLING BLVD, SARASOTA, FL 342309998, M-F 0800-1730; SAT 0900-1200.

Anyone got similar messages when tracking with USPS... This doesn't seem normal. 

My 5/1 submission package was scanned by CGC today. Still not I'm My Submissions but glad to know they have it.

8 book modern submission

It took a while to enter it into the system. Not sure how many days but I believe it was about a week or so. 

SFG - 28 Apr 2023

G/E/I - 5 May 2023

Really fast once it hit the system. My last couple of submissions took as long to get entered as to get graded once there. I love a quick turnaround and this is so much quicker from start to finish than a year or two ago. :cheers:

On 5/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Mine was delivered on the same day with the same message.  Today is May 4th and it's still not marked as picked up.

In other news:

I had two 10 Modern book submissions arrive to CGC (via FedEx) on April 27.

Shown as "received" on April 28.

May 4th - still not on "My Submissions" or SFG.

Never took this long to open my subs before.  

Today the message says it was picked up on the 2nd of May 😂 yet yesterday it said it was available for pickup still. 

CGC being doing weird things. 

On 5/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Mine was delivered on the same day with the same message.  Today is May 4th and it's still not marked as picked up.

In other news:

I had two 10 Modern book submissions arrive to CGC (via FedEx) on April 27.

Shown as "received" on April 28.

May 4th - still not on "My Submissions" or SFG.

Never took this long to open my subs before.  

Mine was delivered to CGC on 4/25 and it is yet to be officially received so yeah they are probably overloaded again.

On 5/4/2023 at 3:56 PM, Stefan_W said:

8 book modern submission

It took a while to enter it into the system. Not sure how many days but I believe it was about a week or so. 

SFG - 28 Apr 2023

G/E/I - 5 May 2023

Really fast once it hit the system. My last couple of submissions took as long to get entered as to get graded once there. I love a quick turnaround and this is so much quicker from start to finish than a year or two ago. :cheers:

This group was graded very first thing this AM so I am expecting it to hit "shipped" status today. In the meantime my F5 will be getting a huge workout. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:30 AM, uncannyjames said:

Mine was delivered to CGC on 4/25 and it is yet to be officially received so yeah they are probably overloaded again.

Let us know when yours officially hits received. Thanks.

@CGC Mike

This arrival not yet picked up, but it looks different than what I was told.via email to put on the mailing label address USPS? Just confirming I'm not in some kind of tracking, shipping vortex?

Screenshot_20230508-135154.png

On 5/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike

This arrival not yet picked up, but it looks different than what I was told.via email to put on the mailing label address USPS? Just confirming I'm not in some kind of tracking, shipping vortex?

I guess everything is fine? No one chimed in, but I don't remember it ever saying Ringling Blvd. Maybe 🤔 idk guess I'll find out eventually haha 😂 but I'm starting to see in the thread that it is going to be a wait regardless :sorry:

Screenshot_20230508-183226.png

Screenshot_20230508-182950.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/8/2023 at 7:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

We are behind in entering books into the system.  I believe your package is fine, @ADAMANTIUM

Thank you! It was just the new address that was throwing me off, no worries.

Ya I wasn't very clear. 

On 5/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike

This address isn't what I was told to mail to, so it threw me off.

No wonder no one chimed in, long day for all of us  :shy: