• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

Having books dropped off does help get them into the system quicker. But once in the system, they should then go into the First In/First Out process. CGC doesn't always have the best luck in keeping with that system. Some subs lag way behind, while some move through the system very quickly. When we see newer subs getting through grading and shipping a month or three weeks before other older subs, it's hard to understand the process that CGC seems to have...

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics

On 6/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Twenty-five comic book modern submission.

1) Mailed to CGC on Saturday, June 17, 2023, via USPS Priority Mail.

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

On 6/20/2023 at 4:08 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Having books dropped off does help get them into the system quicker. But once in the system, they should then go into the First In/First Out process. CGC doesn't always have the best luck in keeping with that system. Some subs lag way behind, while some move through the system very quickly. When we see newer subs getting through grading and shipping a month or three weeks before other older subs, it's hard to understand the process that CGC seems to have...

I totally agree with you on this and none of it makes any sense and it shows that they have no workflow process with how books come in, get received via the shipping department to getting entered into the system and then the process of grading. When I see books stuck in GEI for longer than a day or two, it tells me either they started grading your books and then got pulled in another direction (aka some Fast Track books came in) so they are sitting there waiting for the grading process to be resumed or there is some kind of back up with Encapsulation. Right now, I have books sitting in GEI for a week and normally when they hit GEI they tend to go QC within a 1-2 days tops. This whole process is weird and I bet that nobody even at CGC could explain their process.

I just think as for @greggy, it makes him look bad when he keeps posting how fast his books go through the process even though at the end of the day it probably is not even his fault since he has no control on that. From others perspective that have been waiting for weeks to months on books to go from A) entered into the system to SFG or B) SFG to GEI, it is like one big WTF is going on here and makes those that do not know think he is getting some kind of perk or favoritism. Who knows either at the end of the day, because when Joey physically hands off his books to CGC it forces his books to go to SFG. Then add that Greggy has so many subs at a time that CGC probably makes it a priority to get his books in and out to prevent backlog and possibly they get happy on how much he submits at a time.

Like I keep saying, if it wasn't for @CGC Mike we would all be screwed. He seems to be the only one on the front lines that can help with issues and is very transparent with his support and feedback. When you call CGC, the people at support are very nice but its like they are reading a -script at times.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:18 AM, captainzombie said:

Like I keep saying, if it wasn't for @CGC Mike we would all be screwed. He seems to be the only one on the front lines that can help with issues and is very transparent with his support and feedback. When you call CGC, the people at support are very nice but its like they are reading a --script at times.

I agree with you on several points.  First, Mike is absolutely awesome in the way he's helped me as well as other members.  Second, Calling Customer Service.  For me, it's hit or miss.  At times I'll get someone who is at the top of their game and actually goes above and beyond to help me (like Mike).  Other times, it's like why did I even bother calling?  -script reading, misinformation.  To illustrate, I called and had a question about Imaging.  I was given an answer that didn't sound quite right.  So I took it a step further and contacted the nice woman who sends me my CGC images.  When I told her what the customer service agent said, it was news to her.  Bottom line, I was misinformed by the CSA. :pullhair:

On 6/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.a46a4dbdbfeb5db18821a517bde62543.png

My apologies to everyone 

On 6/21/2023 at 11:07 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

I would call.

On 6/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, BlackOut21 said:

Screenshot2023-06-21at12_49_50PM.thumb.png.d55b9519cfb0db24c050c8f8947207c3.png

This is what defeated feels like.

I would contact @CGC Mike to see what is going on with your submissions since Greggy's are getting past everyone's. I've had mine sitting at GEI for a week now and would love to hear why are subs can sit in a status like this for so long, especially what Blackout has been experiencing.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.a46a4dbdbfeb5db18821a517bde62543.png

My apologies to everyone 

Do you have these shipped back to Canada or to a US Mailbox to save on shipping fees? I believe international return shipping for a box of x25 graded books is still $150/box? (shrug)

On 6/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, Black_Adam said:

Do you have these shipped back to Canada or to a US Mailbox to save on shipping fees? I believe international return shipping for a box of x25 graded books is still $150/box? (shrug)

Canada

Ain't nobody got time to go to the border.

Time and effort is money.

So I called customer service and they seem to still stand behind the excuse that everything is being held up in encapsulation. When I asked why non fast track moderns are averaging under 10 days on a 20 day tat, and FT econs are exceeding tat and they use the same size slab, she couldn't comment.  All I can figure is that they don't have a way to allocate the resources to even out the modern/economy/standard & walkthru use of the encapsulation process (people and machinery).  It's disappointing, but I was still able to get fast track fees refunded. 

On 6/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Seems like you are really submitting more these day, hope all has been well bud!

Pat,

I am doing well and I hope you and your family are likewise.

As for submitting, I get the urge every two years or so to submit more than usual. Primarily covers that I like with a few keys, minor and otherwise, thrown in along with a current "hot" book. They are all for my collection so if I ever decide to sell any of them perhaps the hot book will get lukewarm at some point in the future along with the others.