• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2023 at 10:21 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

13 book modern submission

6/4 - shipped.

6/8 - delivered.

6/19 - GEI

6/26 - Grading/Quality Control

Maybe there is hope for my 6/7  GEI modern order soon.............. 

image.thumb.png.444766d6466971862098f616c98fa1af.png

This book showed to be in Grading/QC last Thursday the first thing in the morning and I clicked on it and it showed that all the books were universal but it switched back to GEI later in the day and hasn't moved since.

Must be punishment for me getting other stuff done so quickly.

xoxo

greggy

On 6/26/2023 at 9:10 AM, greggy said:

This book showed to be in Grading/QC last Thursday the first thing in the morning and I clicked on it and it showed that all the books were universal but it switched back to GEI later in the day and hasn't moved since.

xoxo

greggy

Seems like they actually did QC on your books and found something.  Better than no QC.  They will still be universal.

On 6/26/2023 at 4:16 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

received 5/23/23 

shipped 6/27/23

Delivered to my shop the day that Fan expo Denver starts.  I guess I should've sent in regular economy, and I'd have the inventory for the show.  

2023-06-26 15_06_15-CGC Submission Tracking _ CGC.jpg

Ugh, that is super frustrating. So sorry. :( 

June High Value Reholder Shipment
Shipped to                         06/06
Delivered                           06/08
Scheduled for Grading      06/19 (7 business days later / 7 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation    06/22 (3 business days later / 10 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control   06/23 (1 business day later / 11 days so far)
Shipped from                     06/26 (1 business day later / 12 days total)

On 6/26/2023 at 9:10 AM, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

Looks like CGC did a boo hoo and my stuff did get encapsulated and shipped out last Thursday.

Now to inform them so the grades will officially update. 

On 6/12/2023 at 6:31 PM, DougC said:

Shipped: 5/5

Delivered : 5/9

Received: 5/22

SFG: 5/22

GEI: 6/12

G/QC: ?

Skipped from GEI to Shipped on 6/26

Despite being told at least the #1 & #4 would receive the Pedigree label, none of the books received them. Sent an email off to ask why but do not have high hopes.

On 6/23/2023 at 3:43 PM, gooshball said:
On 6/22/2023 at 9:51 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:
On 6/22/2023 at 9:29 AM, gooshball said:

Imagine waiting another month...

image.thumb.png.5500f2d78889dab6ce10625e3591007e.png

Have you called to see what the issue is? What were they able to tell you? Hopefully they have been able to refund the fast track fees at least.

Expand  

Here's my response from CGC on 6/21:  "After reaching out to my team when we spoke, they confirmed it's out of the encapsulation department, has now been slabbed and is in the process of being sealed. Today they confirmed it should be done by the end of this week for sure.

If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out!"

Yet the end of the week is here and still G/E/I

Shipped this morning 6/27.  43 Business days.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:23 PM, gooshball said:

Shipped this morning 6/27.  43 Business days.

That is just plain bad.  Especially seeing that people are getting straight econs back in less than 10 business days. I don't understand how the concept of first in/first out can be that broken with Economy level. I understand that they are working on a volume of books that people probably can't fully imagine, but they've been doing this for 20 years.  They have had 20 years to get a process going and it still seems they have to "reinvent the wheel" every few years.  

On 6/27/2023 at 1:21 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

That is just plain bad.  Especially seeing that people are getting straight econs back in less than 10 business days. I don't understand how the concept of first in/first out can be that broken with Economy level. I understand that they are working on a volume of books that people probably can't fully imagine, but they've been doing this for 20 years.  They have had 20 years to get a process going and it still seems they have to "reinvent the wheel" every few years.  

I’m convinced after all these years first in first out is a myth……

On 6/25/2023 at 10:49 PM, musicmeta said:

Wow!  From taking about a year to get to the G/E/I stage a while back...Now the books are moving along pretty darn fast...at least for this submission. 

Regular Economy 14 books

Received: 6/22/23

G/E/I: 6/25/23 (maybe sooner as I just checked today).. 

Who needs Fast track...LOL!

Marked as shipped 6/28/23..WOW!  Super fast for this submission.  

I did drop this submission off at the "Fan Days Expo" in Dallas on Friday 6/9/23.  Took a little while to get the submission entered to mark as received but after that it was a rocket ship to the grading planet!!

On 6/21/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

CGC is in zombie land with my submissions: my May two magazine sub is still at SfG and the 25 comic book sub has not yet been opened. Perhaps this year I will have the second most orders I have ever had waiting for some action. Clearly, I expect faster service than CGC can provide.

my wolverine 1 from the frank miller signing was damaged in transit.

the edge is crunched in the slab. this crunch wasn’t on the book prior. i paid for CCS, so it had to have happened during shipping.

anyone know how to get a mechanical error return with CCS pressing? i don’t see the option on mobile. if i just sent it as a mechanical error without pressing the grade would tank.

On 6/28/2023 at 3:47 AM, qlow said:

my wolverine 1 from the frank miller signing was damaged in transit.

the edge is crunched in the slab. this crunch wasn’t on the book prior. i paid for CCS, so it had to have happened during shipping.

anyone know how to get a mechanical error return with CCS pressing? i don’t see the option on mobile. if i just sent it as a mechanical error without pressing the grade would tank.

Other board members may have more precise information to provide since I have never had CCS press a comic book and, thus, not had to submit an ME to them but, having written that, you should likely contact CGC/CCS concerning this matter and/or Mike, the CGC representative on the boards, as he may be able to assist you.

Is anyone seeing movement on prescreen moderns GEI 6/7 timeframe? Sent in 2 orders of 25 books both recieved and GEI on 6/7 the 2nd one has finished and shipped back a week and a half ago the first one that was recieved is still GEI? not even close to the stated TAT just seems weird the 2nd order is already done and returned and the first is still stuck in GEI. First in first out.......LOL