• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 1:24 PM, workingdog said:

Whatever the status, things are moving at a glacial pace (at least from my perspective).  That's why I'm trying to make every effort to get what I can sent in prior to SDCC 2023.  Intakes at cons pretty much mess up the time it takes to process submissions.  But SDCC 2023, you probably won't see your submissions until leaves starting falling from the trees.

You are 100% correct. You would think they would know that and try and clear out backlog before that point, but first in first out I guess.........

On 7/12/2023 at 1:24 PM, workingdog said:

Whatever the status, things are moving at a glacial pace (at least from my perspective).  That's why I'm trying to make every effort to get what I can sent in prior to SDCC 2023.  Intakes at cons pretty much mess up the time it takes to process submissions.  But SDCC 2023, you probably won't see your submissions until leaves starting falling from the trees.

I don't blame you at all. I did the same thing last month before Heroes Con and then same before C2E2. Figured get some of my subs in before those cons or else it will get crazy. The last 2 months, it seems like they have hit some kind of wall.

I probably should get another small selection of books over there before SDCC starts next week and it adds to the mess.

On 7/12/2023 at 11:56 AM, captainzombie said:

None of this makes any sense at all. I literally had a smaller package of 7 books show up to CGC almost a week after I sent in a box of 27 books. The 7 books are already in GEI, while the other 27 have not even been scanned into the system yet. The 27 books have a higher declared value than the 7. I think someone earlier thought that value declaration makes a difference, but I do not think it does.

There is no order how things go in and come out. I think they must have pure chaos going on and it has been like this since the Spring where it has turned into several strange bottlenecks. With my last few subs, I have noticed where GEI and G/QC is taking longer.

Hopefully they can get things figured out this year, but who knows if they ever will.

I currently have 4 subs of about 40 books that were delivered from June 20th to July 6th and none have shown up as received yet. 

I’ve had a ME sent from MCS for wrong label for over 40 days. 

6/29 delivered modern sub still not opened. 

Even during the crazy times of 2022, they still checked in your books quickly  - even if they sat there for 4+ months. Seems like wack-a-mole with the bottlenecks. 

On 7/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, Beastfeast said:

Even during the crazy times of 2022, they still checked in your books quickly  - even if they sat there for 4+ months. Seems like wack-a-mole with the bottlenecks. 

I wonder if we will get another celebratory email when they open all their mail...... 

On 7/12/2023 at 3:06 PM, Beastfeast said:

I had a sub get delivered on 6/30 which still hasn't found its way into the system. My sub they received on 7/5 is in the system and at GEI, which will probably sit there for a week or two. It's wild that packages from weeks ago are still unopened.

1 book Mechanical Error sub.

• Shipped: 6/21/23
  • Delivered: 6/23/23 
  • Received/SFG: 6/30/23 (+5 days)
  • Shipped: ? 

3 book Mechanical Error sub.

• Shipped: 6/30/23
  • Delivered: 7/5/23
  • Received/SFG: 7/11/23 (+5 days)
  • Shipped: ?

On 7/11/2023 at 12:35 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 7/11/2023 at 1:41 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/21/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Twenty-five comic book modern submission.

1) Mailed to CGC on Saturday, June 17, 2023, via USPS Priority Mail.

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

3) Received and Scheduled for Grading, Monday, July 10, 2023.

4) G/E/I, Tuesday, July 11

5) Quality Control/Finalized; then changed to "Grading/Quality Control," Thursday, July 13

CGC took 15 days between receiving my box to "Scheduled for Grading".  Currently, I am patiently waiting for another update.  Not quite glacier-like, but at least I know that my books are safe.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:46 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 7/11/2023 at 12:35 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 7/11/2023 at 1:41 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/21/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 6/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Twenty-five comic book modern submission.

1) Mailed to CGC on Saturday, June 17, 2023, via USPS Priority Mail.

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

3) Received and Scheduled for Grading, Monday, July 10, 2023.

4) G/E/I, Tuesday, July 11

5) Quality Control/Finalized; then changed to "Grading/Quality Control," Shipped Thursday, July 13

So I have a number of magazine submissions stuck in GEI at the moment, all well over stated TATs (including a walkthrough/unlimited tier that I was advised has been sitting graded for two weeks now).

Spoke with customer service this morning and the story goes that CGC are out of parts for the magazine encapsulation. So all magazine submissions on hold it seems.

This whole thing feels a bit strange especially when your whole business models revolves around slabbing books with said parts; you might want to make sure you have enough of them to do that doh!.

Edited by Every Day A Story

On 6/22/2023 at 7:34 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Mechanical Error (10 Books)

Delivered to CGC: 6/16/23

Received: 6/22/23

SFG: 6/22/23

GEI: 7/13/23

On 7/13/2023 at 5:24 PM, Every Day A Story said:

So I have a number of magazine submissions stuck in GEI at the moment, all well over stated TATs (including a walkthrough/unlimited tier that I was advised has been sitting graded for two weeks now).

Spoke with customer service this morning and the story goes that CGC are out of parts for the magazine encapsulation. So all magazine submissions on hold it seems.

This whole thing feels a bit strange especially when your whole business models revolves around slabbing books with said parts; you might want to make sure you have enough of them to do that doh!.

freakin' ridiculous!

thanks for the info

cgc, this is weak sauce

I have a few in this boat as well

these were slabbed to maximize revenue for late friends estate, otherwise I wouldn't even be waiting on them

ugh, I'll tell his heirs cgc has some books but no plastic to put them in. I am sure they will understand. :facepalm:

Edited by Bird

On 7/13/2023 at 7:04 PM, awakeintheashes said: