• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Mechanical Error (+ CCS?)

7/6- Mailed to CGC 

7/11 - Delivered to CGC facility

N/A - Received by CCS

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Bagley Signing

7/14 - Mailed to CGC 

N/A - Delivered to CGC facility

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

---

On the ME submission. the corner of my wolverine 1 was bent. I did not send it in that way, and I had also purchased CCS pressing. the bend was not in the graders notes, so it must have gotten dropped in transit and it shifted around in the slab. there is no damage to the slab itself. luckily, it didn't break color. I ended up calling CGC, and they told me they would repress it for free. I hope they do, since i did pay for pressing after all. fingers are crossed, i'd hate for it to not get pressed and to get a lower grade for something completely out of my control. :wishluck:

Edited by qlow
wrong date

I've noticed one thing with books that have custom labels, they take way much more time to go through G/QC than books that do not. Have to wonder why this does take longer as the label is nothing different to create as they have templates and I wouldn't think anything else special happens with these.

On 7/13/2023 at 3:24 PM, Every Day A Story said:

So I have a number of magazine submissions stuck in GEI at the moment, all well over stated TATs (including a walkthrough/unlimited tier that I was advised has been sitting graded for two weeks now).

Spoke with customer service this morning and the story goes that CGC are out of parts for the magazine encapsulation. So all magazine submissions on hold it seems.

This whole thing feels a bit strange especially when your whole business models revolves around slabbing books with said parts; you might want to make sure you have enough of them to do that doh!.

Any news? My submission is stuck in SFG but i don´t want to contact CGC unless they already resolved the missing parts issue

On 7/18/2023 at 2:38 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

Any news? My submission is stuck in SFG but i don´t want to contact CGC unless they already resolved the missing parts issue

Ship magazines CGC, ship them.

On 7/19/2023 at 5:15 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Ship magazines CGC, ship them.

My two magazine modern submission is stuck in G/E/I. The submission has been in that status for several weeks.

Mechanical Error (+ CCS?)

7/6- Mailed to CGC 

7/11 - Delivered to CGC facility

N/A - Received by CCS

7/19 - Received by CGC

7/19 - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Bagley Signing

7/14 - Mailed to CGC 

N/A - Delivered to CGC facility

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

---

On the ME submission. the corner of my wolverine 1 was bent. I did not send it in that way, and I had also purchased CCS pressing. the bend was not in the graders notes, so it must have gotten dropped in transit and it shifted around in the slab. there is no damage to the slab itself. luckily, it didn't break color. I ended up calling CGC, and they told me they would repress it for free. I hope they do, since i did pay for pressing after all. fingers are crossed, i'd hate for it to not get pressed and to get a lower grade for something completely out of my control. :wishluck:

--

ME just hit my dashboard today. didn't see anything on my dashboard about the ME being at CCS. hope i didn't just send it in for a lower grade :(

On 7/19/2023 at 6:24 PM, qlow said:

ME just hit my dashboard today. didn't see anything on my dashboard about the ME being at CCS. hope i didn't just send it in for a lower grade :(

I hope your experience is better than mine.

If it’s like my recent ME return of eight improperly slab books with four of them damaged, CGC won’t press the books they damaged by not sealing the slabs properly in the first place and passed through QC. They just put the bent books in new slab and…

WHOOMP! There it is! 

Your newly slab book with fresh damage after grading and slabbing/QC fail #1.

On 7/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

I hope your experience is better than mine.

If it’s like my recent ME return of eight improperly slab books with four of them damaged, CGC won’t press the books they damaged by not sealing the slabs properly in the first place and passed through QC. They just put the bent books in new slab and…

WHOOMP! There it is! 

Your newly slab book with fresh damage after grading and slabbing/QC fail #1.

Before sending the book over to them, the customer service rep on the phone assured me it would be pressed. she even sent me a written email i could print out and place in the package. i really do hope it was repressed. i wouldn't even mind if they contacted me and told me i needed to PAY for the pressing (instead of just instantly reslabbing the book with a lower grade without contacting me about it).

• Administrator
On 7/20/2023 at 1:08 AM, qlow said:

Before sending the book over to them, the customer service rep on the phone assured me it would be pressed. she even sent me a written email i could print out and place in the package. i really do hope it was repressed. i wouldn't even mind if they contacted me and told me i needed to PAY for the pressing (instead of just instantly reslabbing the book with a lower grade without contacting me about it).

I don't believe ME books that are being pressed show up on your dashboard as such.  So, if she said it would be pressed, it will.

Sure would like to know what the heck is going on here.  Two FTM's.  4279827 Shipped on 7/17 and is scheduled for delivery today.  4279824 still in the G/E/I void since 7/17.  Maybe I should take other board member's advice and stop using FT because Modern alone seems to process faster.

07-20-23.jpg

On 7/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

2 x Modern subs (one prescreen, one not prescreen) + Frank Cho Signing Submission

• Delivered: 7/5/23
  • SFG (Moderns): ??
  • SFG (Cho Signing): 7/18/23
  • G/QC: ??
  • Shipped: ??

Kinda disappointed my Moderns aren't SFG yet as of July 20, 2023.  Probably won't see it progress much this week either due to SDCC.

I spoke too soon I guess:

2 x Modern subs (one prescreen, one not prescreen) + Frank Cho Signing Submission

• Delivered: 7/5/23
  • SFG (Modern): 7/20/23
  • SFG (Cho Signing): 7/18/23
  • GEI (Prescreen Modern): 7/20/23
  • G/QC: ??
  • Shipped: ??

On 7/20/2023 at 5:15 AM, CGC Mike said:

I don't believe ME books that are being pressed show up on your dashboard as such.  So, if she said it would be pressed, it will.

good to know, thanks! :)

On 5/14/2023 at 6:18 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Submissions:

a) forty comic book modern

b) two magazine modern

Edit:

1) both shipped, Friday, May 12, 2023

2) both scheduled to be delivered, Monday, May 15

3) delivered and ready for collection by CGC, May 15

4) "picked up" by CGC, May 15

5) CGC confirmed delivery, Tuesday, May 16

6) CGC marked received,  TBD

7)

Two magazine modern submission: Grading/Quality Control, Thursday, July 20, 2023