• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,039 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2023 at 7:51 PM, irishcritic said:

25 book modern prescreen

received 5/30

GEI 6/7

Still sitting……:.:🤷‍♂️

I’m fearing I may be getting put into the same boat. Haven’t been waiting nearly as long as you have but starting to regret doing prescreen with how fast people’s modern slow submissions have been getting completed. 

On 7/26/2023 at 10:11 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

I’m fearing I may be getting put into the same boat. Haven’t been waiting nearly as long as you have but starting to regret doing prescreen with how fast people’s modern slow submissions have been getting completed. 

It’s a little mind boggling. I sent in 2 25 book orders in the same box. 1 turned around quickly and was shipped on 6/19. The other hasn’t moved a bit. I may call them today just to make sure something isn’t lost….😔

On 7/27/2023 at 7:03 AM, irishcritic said:

It’s a little mind boggling. I sent in 2 25 book orders in the same box. 1 turned around quickly and was shipped on 6/19. The other hasn’t moved a bit. I may call them today just to make sure something isn’t lost….😔

I had a similar instance of 2 same-tiered submissions being at such different paces that one was shipped, while the other was still in Scheduled for grading. I called and the books were suddenly in GEI. It's like they prioritize nothing and it's random until someone complains 

On 7/27/2023 at 2:40 PM, Tcarroll17 said:

1 Book ME (Mislabeled - missing artist notes and key comments)

Scheduled for Grading: 06/01

G/E/I: 7/25 

Over/under another 2 months?

1 Book ME (Mislabeled Variant)

Scheduled For Grading: 5/12

G/E/I: 7/25

Maybe I'll get it back once it hits the three month mark?

On 7/27/2023 at 6:14 AM, Hendddog42020 said:

I had a similar instance of 2 same-tiered submissions being at such different paces that one was shipped, while the other was still in Scheduled for grading. I called and the books were suddenly in GEI. It's like they prioritize nothing and it's random until someone complains 

How long did you wait before contacting them? 

7 PRESCREEN MODERN

Delivered: 7/10

Received: 7/24

Quality Control: 7/28

I think this is the first time my cc has been charged before "Shipped" status -- certainly the first time I've noticed it. Weird number, $171. I assume only 5 passed the screen but that total doesn't math with any combination of slabbed/rejects. Unless the reject fee went down a buck.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:25 PM, smarkjobber said:

7 PRESCREEN MODERN

Delivered: 7/10

Received: 7/24

Quality Control: 7/28

I think this is the first time my cc has been charged before "Shipped" status -- certainly the first time I've noticed it. Weird number, $171. I assume only 5 passed the screen but that total doesn't math with any combination of slabbed/rejects. Unless the reject fee went down a buck.

RIP guess they’re prioritizing recent submissions. Mine and others slightly older pre screen moderns have been stuck in G/E/I for weeks now 

On 7/29/2023 at 10:14 PM, irishcritic said:

Yep my 25 book prescreen has been sitting in GEI since 6/7……..

Just looking at peoples posts on here, it seems like if your submission does not get completed w/in a week of G/E/I then you get the “honor” of having your submission thrown into the void. Guess if they don’t complete the grading by the end of the week they just say screw those books and start on whatever came in most recently. 

On 7/29/2023 at 11:41 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

Just looking at peoples posts on here, it seems like if your submission does not get completed w/in a week of G/E/I then you get the “honor” of having your submission thrown into the void. Guess if they don’t complete the grading by the end of the week they just say screw those books and start on whatever came in most recently. 

That’s about accurate because 25 books in the same box of that order shipped 6/19 while the others are still sitting in GEI. All 50 shipped in the same box and received and GEI same time……

I called last Wednesday and was told the books were graded and currently in encapsulation. I don’t know what’s going on, but first in first out is most assuredly not true…….. I hope the prescreen pass rate isn’t terrible. I don’t mind waiting as long as the grades are accurate, but long waits coupled with poor QC and wild grades is a no go.