• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,097 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2023 at 5:44 AM, Instigator said:

No emails other than the original email when received into the system. I am overseas and the package is now in the country and should be delivered in the next couple of days and the status still has not changed from Grading/Quality Control.

image.thumb.png.8ad04dd6860e537331e0a8d7ce047547.png

I had a similar instance.

Just ask @CGC Miketo get it marked as shipped so the grades show

On 8/7/2023 at 9:21 PM, Junkdrawer said:

If he don’t post, you’d never know. Don’t hate the player 

I'm not hating on anyone, especially if you read through my message. Just saying it stirs the pot up a bit when those that see that and get angry that their books have been sitting at CGC for a month, while Greggy's books are done in days of receipt.

• Administrator
On 8/8/2023 at 8:29 AM, captainzombie said:
On 8/7/2023 at 10:21 PM, Junkdrawer said:

If he don’t post, you’d never know. Don’t hate the player 

I'm not hating on anyone, especially if you read through my message. Just saying it stirs the pot up a bit when those that see that and get angry that their books have been sitting at CGC for a month, while Greggy's books are done in days of receipt.

For future reference, everyone is allowed to share their experience in this thread, and nobody gets special treatment regarding their TaT's.  So, lets move on.

12 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2023-07-27    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2023-08-02    CGC Received/SFG
2023-08-08    GEI

I feel that part of the purpose/usefulness of this thread is to share turnaround experiences so that people can determine what current turnaround is (outside of the stated CGC turnaround times) and to decide if their submissions are "on schedule" or not.  If not, you can take appropriate action.  My 2 cents...

So far my experience of shipping my moderns and vintage books in the box with my unlimited valve submission has actually been worthwhile. My card was charged last Thursday and here it is Tuesday, my moderns are in transit back to me and while the 2 day TAT for UV is a myth, I’m still pleased, likely because of the grades. And the vintage books are GEI. Time is money is the moro of this tale. 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:29 AM, captainzombie said:

Anyone getting angry about that has bigger issues than delayed comics. Greg's books go through no faster or slower than mine or 90+% of submitters.  

On 8/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, cd4ever said:

Anyone getting angry about that has bigger issues than delayed comics. Greg's books go through no faster or slower than mine or 90+% of submitters.  

Yup. I use Greg's posts to gauge roughly how long mine will take, and almost all of mine go through at the same rate. Of course CGC is not completely consistent and some orders go through faster than others, but it has nothing to do with who is making the submission and is likely just how books are queued in the system. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 8/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, Stefan_W said:

Yup. I use Greg's posts to gauge roughly how long mine will take, and almost all of mine go through at the same rate. Of course CGC is not completely consistent and some orders go through faster than others, but it has nothing to do with who is making the submission and is likely just how books are queued in the system. 

I think grading a modern book is easier. I’m going out on a limb and assuming the older books are graded by more experienced handlers

On 8/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, musicmeta said:

I have a ME submission (labels were swapped)  that arrived at CGC on 7/28 but not recorded into the system yet.  Might be a few more days after calling and talking to Support. 

@musicmeta, was the package marked with "ME"s?  I have an ME being processed that was received in 4 business days after delivery to CGC.  I had another ME delivered in June that was received in 3 business days.  

On 8/9/2023 at 12:30 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

@musicmeta, was the package marked with "ME"s?  I have an ME being processed that was received in 4 business days after delivery to CGC.  I had another ME delivered in June that was received in 3 business days.  

Yes, I had written "ME" on all sides of the package with a thick Sharpie.  Let me call them again and see what's going on.  Thanks.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, musicmeta said:

Yes, I had written "ME" on all sides of the package with a thick Sharpie.  Let me call them again and see what's going on.  Thanks.

It sometimes takes a while before the packages are opened up. My last ME took close to three weeks before they even opened the box. Some submissions are faster. Just luck of the draw. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, Stefan_W said:

It sometimes takes a while before the packages are opened up. My last ME took close to three weeks before they even opened the box. Some submissions are faster. Just luck of the draw. 

Thanks for the info.  I did call them yesterday and they stated they are little behind on ME's so it might take a few more days than normal.  I'll just be patient. 

Hopefully these slabs will be alright.  I've been getting most of my slabs back with spots/scuffs recently.

12 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2023-07-27    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2023-08-02    CGC Received/SFG
2023-08-08    GEI
2023-08-10    G/QC
2023-08-10    Shipped (w/ 8-11 Ship Date)

July Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to                        07/20
Delivered                          07/24
Scheduled for Grading
Grading / Encapsulation   08/08 (11 business days later / 11 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control  08/09 (1 business day later / 12 days so far)
Shipped from                    08/11 (2 business days later / 14 days total)