• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2023 at 2:20 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My 8/17 (UV tier) JUST NOW in my dealer account via USPS delivered.  So it tool 2 weeks since delivered/picked up at CGC.  Hopefully soon they are completely caught up once con season is over after NYCC.

My friend's box was delivered to CGC on 8/21 (modern regular), went into their account today and went straight to GEI. lol

They just showed up in submissions on Thursday?? Mine hit G/QC on Thursday night but still sitting there….I’m thinking they’ll ship Tuesday 

I've had 2 standard vintage subs delivered back to me and a restoration removal already in Grading/encapsulation while my reholder is stuck in scheduled for grading. Its got me worried that both will end up coming back a lower grade. The reholder was delivered on 8/10, vintage and resto removal 8/16.

Modern sub received 8/25 shipped 9/6

One modern mag and one vintage mag sub received 8/21 still in SFG

ME on a destroyed book received 8/22 still stuck in some weird g/QC hole. Guess they’re trying to figure out how to credit me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just spoke to customer service on one of my extended magazine submissions and was told they are delayed due to lack of "parts." So after almost a year, CGC still seems plagued with issues of  "no parts" when it comes to magazine submissions. What is going on in Sarasota? Surely they can order enough slabs to keep their core business running?

On 9/7/2023 at 5:48 PM, Every Day A Story said:

Just spoke to customer service on one of my extended magazine submissions and was told they are delayed due to lack of "parts." So after almost a year, CGC still seems plagued with issues of  "no parts" when it comes to magazine submissions. What is going on in Sarasota? Surely they can order enough slabs to keep their core business running?

You will likely be better off. My mag just came back with excessive scuffs front and back. 🤬

On 9/7/2023 at 5:48 PM, Every Day A Story said:

In the same boat, I heard they ran out of holders.....and I submitted my High Value Mag in June.... still SFG

Also when is Neil Gaiman signing.... those books are also SFG....

July Reholder Shipment
Shipped to                         07/20
Delivered                           07/24
Scheduled for Grading      08/09 (12 business days later / 12 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation    08/31 (13 business days later* / 25 days so far*)
Grading / Quality Control   09/05 (2 business days later / 27 days so far)
Shipped from                      09/07 (2 business days later / 29 days total)

*subtracted the two days they were closed due to the hurricane

On 9/5/2023 at 10:51 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Mechanical Error / 15 Book Modern Submission 

Both Delivered via USPS Aug 23, 23

SFG:  .......Nothing yet.

8 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2023-08-24    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2023-08-31    CGC Received/SFG
2023-09-11    GEI

On 9/5/2023 at 9:51 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Mechanical Error / 15 Book Modern Submission 

Both Delivered via USPS Aug 23, 23

SFG:  .......Nothing yet.

Mechanical Error

Delivered via USPS Aug 23, 23

SFG:  Sept 5

GEI:  ??

Modern Prescreen:

Delivered via USPS Aug 23, 23

SFG:  Sept 5

GEI:  Sept 6

G/QC: Sept 6

Shipped: Sept 8

Love the speed on my modern.

ME received 8/22 still stuck in some weird G/QC hole because I assume they don’t know what to do? It’s the book that had its cover detached from staples because the spine was pinched in encapsulation. 

Modern and vintage mag submission still in SFG since 8/21 and I doubt that changes anytime soon.