• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2023 at 10:37 AM, Instigator said:

Still no movement on my modern mag

image.thumb.png.b888e4782d91b489434591fbdf548828.png

So last week they pulled one of my Magazine modern books out and set it up as a modern submission. It is the same size (magazine size) and type as the other books in the magazine modern submission so who knows what criteria they use. Either way it will need a magazine slab and the Magazine Modern submission has been sitting in GEI for about 10 days now.

image.thumb.png.6e8b5bf362f033e072f6a81cab615f04.png

On 9/15/2023 at 4:19 AM, qlow said:

anyone have any bagley signing movement? no CCS on mine and i'm still SFG

try page 31 towards the bottom, it's the only mention of movement that I've seen. :cheers: edit to say and it was bendis but they were advertised at the same time or to sign at the same time..

Edit to say again, it's only been two weeks since my Bagley got signed, so soon I'd hope

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, Snowdon said:

Anyone heard anything about the Neil Gaiman signing? My books have been SFG for a long time......

I saw Neil Gaiman was doing a signing at another Sarasota area bookstore on Tuesday November 7.  So to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised that his signing wouldn't be until early November.  

On 9/15/2023 at 10:37 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

I saw Neil Gaiman was doing a signing at another Sarasota area bookstore on Tuesday November 7.  So to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised that his signing wouldn't be until early November.  

Ah thanks, no one can give me a straight answer on this...so it's been a little frustrating 

On 9/15/2023 at 6:25 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

try page 31 towards the bottom, it's the only mention of movement that I've seen. :cheers: edit to say and it was bendis but they were advertised at the same time or to sign at the same time..

Edit to say again, it's only been two weeks since my Bagley got signed, so soon I'd hope

talk about coincidence. my bagley just moved to GEI :cheers:

On 9/15/2023 at 5:16 PM, qlow said:

talk about coincidence. my bagley just moved to GEI :cheers:

That's awesome!! 💯

Are you going to peek at the results, or look at scans? Edit when shipped of course 

Lol I can't wait 😁

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The current turnaround rates do not match the advertised times at all. 

I'm currently at 3-5 days to open an Ultra Value package, 5 days go grade it and get it shipped. 

It's been this way for over a year now. 

CGC website states 2 day turnaround time. 

Anybody else have a different experience?

August Reholder Shipment
Shipped to                       08/14
Delivered to                      08/16
Scheduled for Grading     08/28 (8 business days later / 8 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation   09/14 (13 business days later / 21 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control  09/15 (1 business day later / 22 days so far)
Shipped from                    09/19 (2 business days later / 24 days total)

So I sent in a batch on 9/6(Got there 9/8). They split them into 4 groups. Two vintage(one with one Silver Age issue and one with two Bronze Age issues) and two modern(One with 14 issues and one that I decided to do a custom label). The Modern group of 14 issues is already shipped while the rest are still SFG after 3 business days.

CGC914.thumb.jpg.04483b64bbf0050ecebf76acfb2c2c95.jpg

While I love the speed of the group of 14, I probably won't be choosing to upgrade to custom labels anymore...:taptaptap:

Edited by trademarkcomics

On 9/15/2023 at 3:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesome!! 💯

Are you going to peek at the results, or look at scans? Edit when shipped of course 

Lol I can't wait 😁

i'll peek at the results, but i won't see the scans. i'll leave that as a surprise for the delivery day since i got a remarque :banana: