• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2023 at 10:56 AM, Snowdon said:

Ah thanks, no one can give me a straight answer on this...so it's been a little frustrating 

Pretty sure you saw this already, but I was very wrong.  Neil Gaiman's signing is happening today!!  Yay!

Now if only I got some update news on the Frank Cho signing...

On 9/22/2023 at 4:12 PM, joeypost said:

Amazing that vintage books shipped before unlimited value and high value even get graded. 

Not mine. Still stuck in G/E/I. 

asmCGCdcsu2.thumb.png.2704df88e97b9ec2e592a32bdc214572.png

Mine are all double cover errors so I don't know if that is why they're taking more time. I had 13 moderns with double cover errors received the same day(9/14) blast through so fast they'll be back to me on Monday. 

On 9/25/2023 at 12:49 PM, gooshball said:

Anyone seeing movement today?  I wonder if outbound shipping will be slowed by the storms.

Received a package this past Saturday.  I happened to notice on the shipping label there was a different name other than Danny Nunez as the Shipping Manager.  Can't remember the name of the new person.  Maybe there's some kind of shipping transition taking place?

On 9/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, Nsschenks said:

Anyone have any CCS updates? My books have been “in process” for like two weeks.

Here are some of my recent subs with schedules/dates noted (left to right).... seems CCS is pretty good at hitting the 15 days! Last few grades I got were nicely bumped to my expectations, some even better!!

image.thumb.png.6b41d3ab69017671afc2450f3a052fbe.png

Last year, I was wondering how effective CCS actually was since most books still had issues that were pressable, but these last few months I've been very pleased!! So, I just wait it out with confidence it's worth it.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:42 PM, circuitryusa said:

Here are some of my recent subs with schedules/dates noted (left to right).... seems CCS is pretty good at hitting the 15 days! Last few grades I got were nicely bumped to my expectations, some even better!!

image.thumb.png.6b41d3ab69017671afc2450f3a052fbe.png

Last year, I was wondering how effective CCS actually was since most books still had issues that were pressable, but these last few months I've been very pleased!! So, I just wait it out with confidence it's worth it.

Thanks! That's good to know--I've been using a third-party presser, but for this sub I decided to try out CCS. No major issues on any of the books, but there are some obvious pressable defects on many of the books that will tell how effective CCS actually is these days. There's definitely a benefit in having books be pressed and graded in the same facility (potentially saving time, money, and the risk of damage in transportation), so if they do a good job I may continue using them.

Appreciate the insight!

On 9/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Sorry, no CCS here, kinda regret that for some...(shrug)

asmCGCdcsu3.thumb.jpg.47970f054bb5f245ea6485845fbca48b.jpg

Anyone else doing this once it gets to G/QC?

*Refresh*

Still G/QC

*Refresh*

Still G/QC

*Refresh*

Still G/QC

:facepalm:

:nyah:

Yeah that is CGC OCD disorder…. I have a Vintage that is sitting in the dock waiting to be received.  I’m wondering if I should bump it to FT because I’m so impatient, but it looks to be moving pretty fast.   I’ve never submitted Vintage (or the the prior Economy) always Modern or Standard and above.  

If it makes anyone feel better about in house signings?

I've had a book that spent two weeks at pressing, one week at sfg, almost a week at gei, and I'm dreading QC, but they should still have it done within the allotted "8 week estimate" which is good. Surprisingly fair to others as usually when back from pressing is fairly quick, but not this time.