• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2023 at 1:04 PM, catch21 said:

NYCC Submission  Modern Fast Track
Dropped off Saturday  10/14
Schedule for Grading 10/19
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 10/23 

Grading/Quality Control  10/27

All in all fairly quick for such a big comic con, but then I guess it IS fasttrack! Hope it works out well!

On 10/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

All in all fairly quick for such a big comic con, but then I guess it IS fasttrack! Hope it works out well!

Shipped 10/27

On 10/27/2023 at 3:33 PM, catch21 said:

Shipped 10/27

Success 🙌! Going to peek at how well you did? hm

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 Book Mechanical Error Submission.  I hope that by it going from QC back to SFG, they're correcting the case issues I have been having to return as MEs.  We'll see.
2023-10-04    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2023-10-05    CGC Received/SFG
2023-10-18    GEI
2023-10-23    G/QC
2023-10-30    SFG

On 10/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, dta151 said:

My 1 book ME finally moved from SFG 

Delivered 10-9

received 10-13

SFG 10-16

GIE 10-27

G/QC .....

I just checked and my book is in G/QC and so I went with the old cert# to see the image and it is not in a case with my custom label anymore. What can I do to make sure they don't send it to me like that with the wrong label?

On 10/23/2023 at 7:41 PM, Vfactor1 said:

On 10/3/2023 at 10:55 PM,  Vfactor1 said: 

Eight comics sent for CCS/CGC Grading

Delivered: Saturday 9/23

Received: Wednesday 9/27

CCS In Process: Monday 10/2

SFG 10/13

GEI 10/23

QC 10/24

Shipped 10/25

Roughly 1 month for pressing, grading and returning

V.

On 10/30/2023 at 7:22 PM, dta151 said:

I just checked and my book is in G/QC and so I went with the old cert# to see the image and it is not in a case with my custom label anymore. What can I do to make sure they don't send it to me like that with the wrong label?

This literally just happened to me.  I am going to call tomorrow.   At this point I’m not sure if I just want my $5 back or to go through the whole ME process again.   Maybe if you call tomorrow you can get it halted and changed before shipping. 

On 10/30/2023 at 8:21 PM, jlrangers21 said:

This literally just happened to me.  I am going to call tomorrow.   At this point I’m not sure if I just want my $5 back or to go through the whole ME process again.   Maybe if you call tomorrow you can get it halted and changed before shipping. 

It changed to shipped when I waken up. What does quality control do? How can they mess up something this simple, multiple times? This was my best comic, my favorite amazing Spider-Man #300 I was gonna display it and I really wanted that label but I do not want to have to send it back and worry about it again. Only my 2nd submission ever might be my last. 😭

Edited by dta151

On 10/31/2023 at 9:34 AM, dta151 said:

It changed to shipped when I waken up. What does quality control do? How can they mess up something this simple, multiple times? This was my best comic, my favorite amazing Spider-Man #300 I was gonna display it and I really wanted that label but I do not want to have to send it back and worry about it again. Only my 2nd submission ever might be my last. 😭

I called and Mechanical Errors in general do not get custom labels again.  With the quantities, retired labels, etc… it’s just not something in the process.  Since I was unaware of this they were kind enough to refund my $5 I paid for it originally.   Good to know, but not the best answer for Mechanical Error issues in general.  Essentially you have to choose to live with the Mechanical Error or pay for a Re-holder with label.  I bet if you called ahead and said you want an account credit to cover the majority of the Reholder they would be helpful.   Customer service has been top notch lately, this is just a policy thing with labels and Mechanical Errors, which I understand is out of the Customer service folks control.  

On 10/31/2023 at 3:35 PM, jlrangers21 said:

I called and Mechanical Errors in general do not get custom labels again.  With the quantities, retired labels, etc… it’s just not something in the process.  Since I was unaware of this they were kind enough to refund my $5 I paid for it originally.   Good to know, but not the best answer for Mechanical Error issues in general.  Essentially you have to choose to live with the Mechanical Error or pay for a Re-holder with label.  I bet if you called ahead and said you want an account credit to cover the majority of the Reholder they would be helpful.   Customer service has been top notch lately, this is just a policy thing with labels and Mechanical Errors, which I understand is out of the Customer service folks control.  

It seems like the majority of MEs these days are within the 14 day cut-off. I would think this would prevent any problems with replacing any custom labels.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:53 PM, Gaard said:

It seems like the majority of MEs these days are within the 14 day cut-off. I would think this would prevent any problems with replacing any custom labels.

I honestly believe it has to do with the tracking and accounting of them for licensing purposes.  I know they tell me they are preprinted in limited quantities.  However, it is hard to imagine some scenario where they are running low and they get a flood of new submissions requesting that label and simultaneously a lot of ME’s for that label.  Back to my point, it’s just easier to track when one is sold in the submission form and the ME form doesn’t have that option.  

Has anyone had anything go to GEI lately?  I have a modern slow boat that was SFG 10/11 but nothing as of yet.  I am thinking NYCC Unlimited Value, High Value, Fast Track Submissions and maybe some of the NYCC signings have caused a temporary blip.  There were actually a lot of NYCC in-house signings if I recall.  

On 11/1/2023 at 1:44 PM, jlrangers21 said:

Has anyone had anything go to GEI lately?  I have a modern slow boat that was SFG 10/11 but nothing as of yet.  I am thinking NYCC Unlimited Value, High Value, Fast Track Submissions and maybe some of the NYCC signings have caused a temporary blip.  There were actually a lot of NYCC in-house signings if I recall.  

I think that NYCC submissions of all kinds have slowed things down a lot.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:44 PM, jlrangers21 said:

Yeah my order has been sitting in SFG since 10/13. Wish there was a counter or something showing your place in line or something. That would be a lot more helpful than just showing the same status for the last week and a half. This is my first submission order ever so I'm double paranoid/nervous lol.