• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 6:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

huh they used too.

OR they did for mine, maybe not, but you did it correctly to see is all I can say, glad you believe to have found it regardless ^^

This is so weird.  It’s been there for all my recent books since they turned it on for me too.  Maybe it was sent in before they included imaging for free on the Verify Cert page.  

@CGC Mike can you look into this. 
Order 4311710 Vintage order, Hulk 181.  Received 8/21/2023.  TAT stated 30 business days. Now at 58 business days.  No updates after scheduled for grading.  email from Matthew says there was an inhouse move last week that has "delayed' them locating this order.  Don't like the sound of that.  It should have been located weeks ago and started the process. 

Order 4329979.  Received 9/21/2023.  Been in grading/qc since 10/8.  TAT 20 business days.  Now at 36, though its spent most of its life in QC/shipping.  

• Administrator
On 11/14/2023 at 11:33 AM, sd2416 said:

@CGC Mike can you look into this. 
Order 4311710 Vintage order, Hulk 181.  Received 8/21/2023.  TAT stated 30 business days. Now at 58 business days.  No updates after scheduled for grading.  email from Matthew says there was an inhouse move last week that has "delayed' them locating this order.  Don't like the sound of that.  It should have been located weeks ago and started the process. 

Order 4329979.  Received 9/21/2023.  Been in grading/qc since 10/8.  TAT 20 business days.  Now at 36, though its spent most of its life in QC/shipping.  

I will check into this.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:06 AM, sd2416 said:

Thank you

Good luck and thanks for sharing.  This inhouse move might explain the delay in mine since I hit GEI and stayed there since 11/2 I believe.  But I’m just outside of the TAT and I was pretty sure NYCC threw a lot at them so things aren’t that bad for me.  About to send another order today too.  

On 11/14/2023 at 11:18 AM, jlrangers21 said:

Good luck and thanks for sharing.  This inhouse move might explain the delay in mine since I hit GEI and stayed there since 11/2 I believe.  But I’m just outside of the TAT and I was pretty sure NYCC threw a lot at them so things aren’t that bad for me.  About to send another order today too.  

This inhouse move would explain why two of my submissions have gone past their estimated TAT's.  I wish Customer Service would have been more forthcoming about this information when called and asked why it just seemed CGC was dragging their heels with my submissions.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:46 AM, workingdog said:

This inhouse move would explain why two of my submissions have gone past their estimated TAT's.  I wish Customer Service would have been more forthcoming about this information when called and asked why it just seemed CGC was dragging their heels with my submissions.

I only got it on the fourth email trying to understand how "tat's are an estimate, but every time I log in I see the image saying "check out our turnaround times" and im almost double them on one submission. 

On 11/14/2023 at 12:40 PM, sd2416 said:

I only got it on the fourth email trying to understand how "tat's are an estimate, but every time I log in I see the image saying "check out our turnaround times" and im almost double them on one submission. 

I know!  The inhouse move (which they didn't have to tell us about and sure enough, they didn't) then CGC has the gall to post that "Check Out Our Turnaround Times" on the main page.  In addition, I spoke to one Customer Service person who tried to tell me that last Friday, 11/10, could not be counted as a Business Day because it was Veteran's Day.  WHAT?!?  Then why was I exchanging PM's with Customer Service on that very day if the offices were closed?  Furthermore, my bank was open on Friday.  So was the Postal Service.  :censored:

On 11/14/2023 at 1:54 PM, workingdog said:

I know!  The inhouse move (which they didn't have to tell us about and sure enough, they didn't) then CGC has the gall to post that "Check Out Our Turnaround Times" on the main page.  In addition, I spoke to one Customer Service person who tried to tell me that last Friday, 11/10, could not be counted as a Business Day because it was Veteran's Day.  WHAT?!?  Then why was I exchanging PM's with Customer Service on that very day if the offices were closed?  Furthermore, my bank was open on Friday.  So was the Postal Service.  :censored:

On 11/14/2023 at 1:54 PM, workingdog said:

Yes, the post office and banks closed on Saturday in observance, not Friday. 

On 11/9/2023 at 12:18 AM, Nsschenks said:

Been at SFG for a single book modern slow boat shipment that was received on 10/3 🤦🏻‍♂️. NYCC killing me…

32 business days for this and still in SFG--already contacted them once and they said it should be moving shortly (a week and a half ago). At what point should I contact them again? I know times are slow right now, but sheesh 32 days for one book and zero movement?

• Administrator
On 11/17/2023 at 6:59 PM, sd2416 said:
On 11/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will check into this.

Anything?  

I asked the operations manager to expedite these.  He said that we will do our best, and mentioned the move that has been posted in this thread.  I will bump the e-mail and ask for an update.  

• Administrator
On 11/17/2023 at 8:21 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 11/17/2023 at 6:59 PM, sd2416 said:
On 11/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will check into this.

Anything?  

I asked the operations manager to expedite these.  He said that we will do our best, and mentioned the move that has been posted in this thread.  I will bump the e-mail and ask for an update.  

I have been told that I will get an update by Monday afternoon.  We need to get everything straightened around first.