• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2023 at 10:30 AM, Nsschenks said:

Modern is a disaster right now (compared to rest of 2023–I know it used to be far worse). They finally pushed back the expected TAT on their page to 25 days.

That actually makes me feel better.   Like acknowledge it is back up for whatever reason.   Or maybe it was all Greggy that backed it up 5 days. lol

On 12/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, Nsschenks said:

Modern is a disaster right now (compared to rest of 2023–I know it used to be far worse). They finally pushed back the expected TAT on their page to 25 days.

I was hoping to get my Modern submission back by Christmas but I am doubtful that will happen now. No biggy for me because I am no huge rush to get them back. 

On 12/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, jlrangers21 said:

That actually makes me feel better.   Like acknowledge it is back up for whatever reason.   Or maybe it was all Greggy that backed it up 5 days. lol

It seems they are still backed up from the move. Encapsulation in particular appears to be super bogged down. Or so I inferred from what the rep I spoke to told me. Or maybe just Greggy…who knows?

On 12/11/2023 at 12:35 PM, Nsschenks said:

It seems they are still backed up from the move. Encapsulation in particular appears to be super bogged down. Or so I inferred from what the rep I spoke to told me. Or maybe just Greggy…who knows?

We must have just spoken to the same rep.  Encapsulation is tying everything up.

On 12/11/2023 at 1:43 PM, workingdog said:

We must have just spoken to the same rep.  Encapsulation is tying everything up.

Most likely. The rep didn’t sound terribly optimistic (just that I was ‘moving through the queue’), but I didn’t press. I’m sure they’re stressed out enough as it is. Doing a move right after NYCC and right before the holidays must be a nightmare.

On 12/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, trademarkcomics said:
On 12/11/2023 at 12:47 PM, Nsschenks said:

Most likely. The rep didn’t sound terribly optimistic (just that I was ‘moving through the queue’), but I didn’t press. I’m sure they’re stressed out enough as it is. Doing a move right after NYCC and right before the holidays must be a nightmare.

I’ve called twice on one that has been graded since 11/2.  Both reps I’ve spoke with have no good answer other than the move.  I’ve tried to ask shouldn’t stuff that got pushed aside be moved ahead, but it sounds like it’s slab whatever is in front of you.  I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, I feel like the move didn’t go as planned for whatever reason.  It’s easy for me to sit back and judge after the fact.  That’s why the increased turn time on Moderns make me feel like they are admitting there is a delay they are still working through.

(So I guess it’s not all Greggy :() lol    I actually really appreciate your updates.  Lot of information when you have several subs and it’s interesting how they move different. 

On 12/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, Ryan. said:

Unlimited Value 

Received: 12/7

G/QC: 12/8

12/11 still G/QC...

Mine reached G/QC a week and 1/2 ago, still there. Typically it goes from G/QC to Shipping in a day, seems to be really backed up 

edit: just shipped!

Edited by FigaroToe

On 12/11/2023 at 12:47 PM, Nsschenks said:

I think a lot is stuck in Encapsulation as my magazine sub has been stuck there since last week.

The best part about waiting a month and a half for your modern fast track is the part where they destoy your 9.8 book (again), and then make you ship back an obviously destroyed book and then let it sit in a box for days on end (again) even though it is clearly marked as mechanical error on all sides. My ability to trust them with my books has gone to zero in recent years....

On 12/7/2023 at 1:21 PM, Nsschenks said:

Modern Fast-Track Press and Grade:

- Received CCS 11/15

- CCS in process 11/21

- Received for grading 11/27

- Scheduled for grading 11/27

-GEI 11/30

Was cruising along til now. Still two more days to hit expected TAT, but I’m not getting my hopes up based on what I’ve seen here. Seems like GEI (which I would expect to be one of the faster steps) is the new SFG when it comes to delays 😒

-G/QC 12/13

After getting stuck in GEI for a bit, looks like this is moving again. Hopefully will ship by end of the week. I will say, customer service was great when I contacted them. I didn't ask for a refund (just wanted an update since I hadn't hit TAT for Fast-Track and it was only a couple days past) but they refunded the 'grading' portion of the fast-track fees anyway and were quick to respond, transparent, and kind. Used the text chat, which is a nice option to have.

I also had another order that was in SFG for like two months ship today, so maybe stuff is starting to move again?

HIGH Value Sub (1 Book)

Delivered: 11/17/23

SFG: 11/22/23

GEI: 11/28/23

GQC: 11/30/23

Shipped: 12/13/23

I called last week to ask if there was an issue as I’m not used to seeing GQC for a week and I was never charged.   They said it was completed, but on hold for payment.  I said please charge me then, which the rep did while I was on the phone.   I was told it should ship out in a 1-3 days, but it ended up taking 5 business days   

Confusing situation as they always just charge me when the box is opened or at GEI.   I am not entirely sure the explanation I was given about being on hold for payment is accurate. Maybe I should of called sooner when I wasn’t charged at GEI.  But also why was I not contacted for payment then, which I had them run the card on the invoice too. Oh well.  On its way home and got the grade I estimated.  

On 12/1/2023 at 2:43 PM, Stefan_W said:

24 book modern submission:

Shipped out from Canada - Nov 23

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Box opened and SFG - Dec 1

24 book modern submission:

Shipped out from Canada - Nov 23

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Box opened and SFG - Dec 1

Credit card charged - Dec 13

Edited by Stefan_W

On 12/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, trademarkcomics said:

dec1cgcbatch2.thumb.jpg.0d2d5a67ffd702607f9ead85286d4056.jpg

Vintage moved...

william-shatner-shocked.gif.3ab35cb4f715a5ba03906ad4bd794590.gif

Apparently Vintage (Economy Tier) and Unlimited Value is moving very fast, but modern and High Value are showing of  a slight slowdown.

Edited by NewWorldOrder