• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2023 at 12:14 PM, FigaroToe said:

Wow both of my GEI submissions went to G/QC this morning. Both were pre-screen 9.8. 

Sidenote: does anyone who does pre-screens look at the charge you get and try to estimate how many rejects there will be?

hangover.gif

Yes.  Every time. 

On 12/14/2023 at 12:14 PM, FigaroToe said:

Wow both of my GEI submissions went to G/QC this morning. Both were pre-screen 9.8. 

Sidenote: does anyone who does pre-screens look at the charge you get and try to estimate how many rejects there will be?

hangover.gif

If I remember correctly, once it’s in GQC you can look at the submission.  If it doesn’t say Modern or Universal as the category I believe that book is a miss.  I haven’t done a prescreen in so long I forget.  The charge amount works too.  Although twice I was just charged the full amount.   Once, I actually went 25/25, but the other time they said we put the rest as a credit on your account, what’s the problem.  So that was weird that time I got charged for all of them.  

Actually submissions are not showing now. Hopefully some sort of maintenance and not a sign of impending apocalypse...

My submissions page:

"We haven't received any submissions from you in the last 8 months."

By submission number:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please refresh the page to confirm that you are signed in and then try again."

:butbutbutemoji:

On 12/19/2023 at 12:53 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Actually submissions are not showing now. Hopefully some sort of maintenance and not a sign of impending apocalypse...

My submissions page:

"We haven't received any submissions from you in the last 8 months."

By submission number:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please refresh the page to confirm that you are signed in and then try again."

:butbutbutemoji:

I cant see mine either. This happens from time to time and is no biggy - will probably be back up in an hour or two. 

On 12/19/2023 at 9:53 AM, Stefan_W said:

Update - My F5 key is almost completely worn out from constantly hitting it as I check for movement to the next stage.

That's one irritating facet of CGC submission tracking. This... 2012 notification technology. Refresh the page? In 2023? Really? Feels like they could hook up with Twilio or some other communication vendor and really get things cooking from a customer engagement perspective. Let's get a text in real-time when books change status and save everyone some time (and likely some server overhead)!

On 12/19/2023 at 2:13 PM, J Bill said:

That's one irritating facet of CGC submission tracking. This... 2012 notification technology. Refresh the page? In 2023? Really? Feels like they could hook up with Twilio or some other communication vendor and really get things cooking from a customer engagement perspective. Let's get a text in real-time when books change status and save everyone some time (and likely some server overhead)!

This 

On 12/13/2023 at 7:41 AM, Jim M said:

The best part about waiting a month and a half for your modern fast track is the part where they destoy your 9.8 book (again), and then make you ship back an obviously destroyed book and then let it sit in a box for days on end (again) even though it is clearly marked as mechanical error on all sides. My ability to trust them with my books has gone to zero in recent years....

Has anyone delt with this? They are literally still sitting on this book with absolutely no movement. I call service and they don't seem to care at all that they destroyed a customer's book and refuse to put any kind of priority on this at all. My mind is blown. The first book they destroyed on me years ago they handled it super professionally and moved very quick and seemed genuinely cared. How times have changed....

On 12/20/2023 at 11:10 AM, Jim M said:

Has anyone delt with this? They are literally still sitting on this book with absolutely no movement. I call service and they don't seem to care at all that they destroyed a customer's book and refuse to put any kind of priority on this at all. My mind is blown. The first book they destroyed on me years ago they handled it super professionally and moved very quick and seemed genuinely cared. How times have changed....

If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't know anything about why my August book hasn't moved (in house move).  No ones reached out to me, let me know my book may be missing/lost.  

On 11/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, sd2416 said:

@CGC Mike can you look into this. 
Order 4311710 Vintage order, Hulk 181.  Received 8/21/2023.  TAT stated 30 business days. Now at 58 business days.  No updates after scheduled for grading.  email from Matthew says there was an inhouse move last week that has "delayed' them locating this order.  Don't like the sound of that.  It should have been located weeks ago and started the process. 

Order 4329979.  Received 9/21/2023.  Been in grading/qc since 10/8.  TAT 20 business days.  Now at 36, though its spent most of its life in QC/shipping.  

5 weeks later, one is graded and received, and I'm no better off on the other.  Any update on 4311710 @CGC Mike? When does someone contact me to let me know why my book has been "stuck" for 4 months, instead of 'I'm sorry this happened to you.  Ill shoot another email inquiring about this"?  83 business days.  

On 12/20/2023 at 1:40 PM, sd2416 said:

5 weeks later, one is graded and received, and I'm no better off on the other.  Any update on 4311710 @CGC Mike? When does someone contact me to let me know why my book has been "stuck" for 4 months, instead of 'I'm sorry this happened to you.  Ill shoot another email inquiring about this"?  83 business days.  

It's unreal. I can't even get them to give me a call back to discuss the situation. The service has gone straight off a cliff in recent years (along with the quality and just about every other aspect of the company.) Every time i speak to them I get a different story up to and including Matt himself was going to look into it as it was assigned to him. All of a sudden that is no longer a think when I call back and it's back to square one. What a joke...

Edited by Jim M