• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2023 at 5:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

Has anyone had any movement in their modern orders the past couple of days?

I am asking directly because I am curious about whether the changes CGC implemented in their systems held the books currently in their system back a bit. 

Hi,

I have two Fast Track Modern submissions (from 11/22) which have been sitting in G/QC since last Wednesday (12/20).  Touched base with Customer Service to try and find out why they haven't shipped yet.  I was told they will most likely ship on Tuesday, 1/2.

No one plays a game of "Keep Away" better than CGC.

Edited by workingdog

On 12/29/2023 at 9:52 AM, workingdog said:

Hi,

I have two Fast Track Modern submissions (from 11/22) which have been sitting in G/QC since last Wednesday (12/20).  Touched based with Customer Service to try and find out why they haven't shipped yet.  I was told they will most likely ship on Tuesday, 1/2.

No one plays a better game of "Keep Away" better than CGC.

Thanks for responding. Based on what you are saying it sure seems like things are delayed a bit to put the new systems into place. 

On 12/28/2023 at 6:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

I am asking directly because I am curious about whether the changes CGC implemented in their systems held the books currently in their system back a bit. 

Mine haven't moved.  But they probably wouldn't be moving this week anyway.

image.thumb.png.930792a99b1610ab53fb1e02cd44318a.png

On 12/29/2023 at 8:52 AM, workingdog said:

Hi,

I have two Fast Track Modern submissions (from 11/22) which have been sitting in G/QC since last Wednesday (12/20).  Touched base with Customer Service to try and find out why they haven't shipped yet.  I was told they will most likely ship on Tuesday, 1/2.

No one plays a game of "Keep Away" better than CGC.

Do you have Custom labels?  I was told one of mine is held up waiting on the labels. 

On 12/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, Stefan_W said:

24 book modern submission:

Shipped out from Canada - Nov 23

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Box opened and SFG - Dec 1

Credit card charged - Dec 13

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

This is at business day 19 so chances of hitting the TaT of 25 days are really good, but with the four day work week next week I may not be able to see the grades my books got until the week after. That is the part I am usually the most impatient about :) but all good and happy with the movement. 

On 12/29/2023 at 2:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

This is at business day 19 so chances of hitting the TaT of 25 days are really good, but with the four day work week next week I may not be able to see the grades my books got until the week after. That is the part I am usually the most impatient about :) but all good and happy with the movement. 

I was just hit with a $135 charge for my submission even though I had already paid, and it is too late to call and ask. Fingers crossed that a couple of my books were bumped into higher value tiers :wishluck:

Edit: A $135 does not make any sense with a $60 bump to the high value tier. Maybe a single book was moved to unlimited?

Edit 2: I did manage to get through to support via text message - I guess they work late, bless their souls. Apparently a couple of books were bumped into the next tier which makes me very happy :)

Edited by Stefan_W

On 12/20/2023 at 8:59 PM, DougC said:

Jim Lee signatures moved from GEI to G/QC today.

No movement on remarq/sketch; still sitting in scheduled for grading

No movement on CCS; had two graded 9.6s and submitted them during the 50% off so no real loss when they are destroyed by CGC learning how to press a book by smashing it with their foot in the parking lot.

Jim Lee signatures shipped today 1/2

• X-Men #11 Second Print 9.8 SS
  • Marvel Age #104 9.8 SS

Still no movement on remarq/sketch

Still no movement on CCS

On 1/2/2024 at 12:30 PM, DougC said:

• Marvel Age #104 9.8 SS

Still no movement on CCS

Same

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

I just spoke with a customer service rep at CGC to get a sense of how long this will take to get to the shipping stage where I can see the grades. He indicated it could be a couple of weeks, which means that whatever backlog they had at the encapsulation stage is still there. Just sharing this info for those who are waiting and hitting the F5 key. 

Having said all of this, time estimates are almost always cautious which is completely understandable.    

On 1/2/2024 at 11:30 AM, DougC said:

• Marvel Age #104 9.8 SS

Still no movement on CCS

Not sure if this helps, but my Jim Lee was at CCS until Friday.  I believe the signing was 11/28/23, so it missed the 2 week expedited turn time by a bit.  

On 1/2/2024 at 12:08 PM, Stefan_W said:

I just spoke with a customer service rep at CGC to get a sense of how long this will take to get to the shipping stage where I can see the grades. He indicated it could be a couple of weeks, which means that whatever backlog they had at the encapsulation stage is still there. Just sharing this info for those who are waiting and hitting the F5 key. 

Having said all of this, time estimates are almost always cautious which is completely understandable.    

That seems a bit long.  But they told me last week they are out of custom labels.  Maybe the label shortage is more widespread.  Not sure. 

On 12/28/2023 at 3:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

modern 25 book invoice of mine was ship today and another 50 moderns on 12/30

Looks like business as usual.  Just maybe some extra care on the reholder/ME side I would assume you know.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/2/2024 at 5:25 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

modern 25 book invoice of mine was ship today and another 50 moderns on 12/30

Looks like business as usual.  Just maybe some extra care on the reholder/ME side I would assume you know.

If you dont mind me asking, when did that shipment hit G/E/I and Q/C?

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

Switched to Q/C - first thing in the AM on Jan 3rd

On 1/3/2024 at 8:28 AM, Stefan_W said:

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

Arrived at CGC - Nov 28

Moved to G/E/I - Dec 29

Shipping - Jan 3

@NewWorldOrder was bang on - these hit Q/C and shipment on the same day and made it under the TaT. Kudos to the folks doing all of the hard work to make sure the flow of books keeps on going :)